Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 May 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3243822)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Supports are really good this year so far, especially BSS which is a great grid, ow the Triumphs have been pegged back!

BSB is a bit of a joke, Lowes and Shakey are the only ones with pace, Ellisn and Brookes are a bit closer, and the rest are nowhere! Especially Kiyo who maybe wont see the season out.
Old 1 Aug 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3284701)   #27
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Few pictures from Round 6 at Brands if anyone is interested!

Superstock 600 (98) (Michael Robertson) by tbtstt, on Flickr

Superstock 600 (8) (Unknown) by tbtstt, on Flickr

BSB Yamaha YZF-R1 (21) (Josh Waters) by tbtstt, on Flickr

BSB Kawasaki ZX-10R (83) (Danny Buchan) by tbtstt, on Flickr

Few more here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/
Old 2 Aug 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3285035)   #28
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Few pictures from Round 6 at Brands if anyone is interested!

Few more here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/
Lovely stuff! Really captures the speed of the bikes. Thanks for sharing.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3285054)   #29
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Supports are really good this year so far, especially BSS which is a great grid, ow the Triumphs have been pegged back!

Do we know why the Triumphs have been pegged back and what form this took i.e. ballast, restrictor size?

I sat down yesterday to watch the Brands highlights and there was no Supersport race to be seen, I got the two superbike races and then sidecars instead. The results sheets indicate the supersport races were very close so why would you opt not to show it in the highlights package (the version I saw anyway)? I don't get it.
Old 2 Aug 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3285184)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would imagine the BSS races are only shown on Eurosport maybe not ITV? Not sure where you watched it.

Triumph is a new model this year, besides which Kwak is class above anything out there really
Old 3 Aug 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3285454)   #31
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
I would imagine the BSS races are only shown on Eurosport maybe not ITV? Not sure where you watched it.

Triumph is a new model this year, besides which Kwak is class above anything out there really
It was the Eurosport highlights program that I watched.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3286873)   #32
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Lovely stuff! Really captures the speed of the bikes. Thanks for sharing.
No worries! Actually the first time I've pointed a camera at racing bikes, quite chuffed any of them came out!
Old 16 Aug 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3290647)   #33
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just watched the Oulton Park races, great racing by the top 4 or 5 - love the British circuits, so much character & green grass compared to the dull new modern designed GP circuits...
Shakey 50 career wins
Old 24 Sep 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3308847)   #34
cg7aa
Veteran

Fantastic last lap in race 1 at Assen but what did we make of the race two incident?
Old 27 Sep 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3309955)   #35
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Havent seen the incident but atleast it keeps the title a little more interesting - Lowes' is on a role...
Old 1 Oct 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3311390)   #36
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Silverstone this weekend, penultimate round - money would have to be on Alex Lowes...

Points...

Shane Byrne - 559
Alex Lowes - 558
James Ellison - 538
Joshua Brookes - 535
Ryuichi Kiyonari - 522
James Westmoreland - 519
Old 1 Oct 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3311457)   #37
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fantastic last lap in race 1 at Assen but what did we make of the race two incident?
It looked like a rash move by a young charger who wanted the ground to swallow him up afterwards. His post race interview was pretty awkward. It was frantic racing from the start. Very Assen!
I hope Shakey's OK.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 14:53 (Ref:3311491)   #38
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I thnk it is shaping up quite nicely, Lowes was superb at Silverstone last year and Shakey is usually very good at Brands.

I dont think there will be much handbagsm, Shane and Alex are good mates and am sure they will not be falling out, but what might happen is what was already happening there, there will be no quarter given.

Ellison is shaping up nicely too, he looks right on the pace but struggles in traffic as the Yam simply doesnt make the power.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3311826)   #39
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Is Brookes anychance chunder?
Old 2 Oct 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3311983)   #40
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Not really, Suzuki only seems to go good on a few tracks, if he can win a couple and Shakey and Lowes don't do so well maybe, but he hasn't been at the races all year to be fair.

My bet for an outside would be Ellison, but it will go to eitehr Shane or Alex I think
Old 3 Oct 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3312179)   #41
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It looked like a rash move by a young charger who wanted the ground to swallow him up afterwards...
His subsequent disqualification may come back to bite but I hope not. I like to see young chargers coming to the fore.

I'm always in two minds about riders like Shakey who tried their hand on the world stage at arguably their peak and for one reason or another didn't ger fat coming back to their national series and taking multiple titles, how much of it would they trade to have made it on the world stage I wonder?
Old 3 Oct 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3312181)   #42
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Not really, Suzuki only seems to go good on a few tracks, if he can win a couple and Shakey and Lowes don't do so well maybe, but he hasn't been at the races all year to be fair.

My bet for an outside would be Ellison, but it will go to eitehr Shane or Alex I think
Brookes and Suzuki are an enigma to me, they put in the odd dominant performance and you think they've now turned a corner in setup or rider motivation etc and then they slip into the background again and sort of re-emerge towards the end of the season when it's too late.

Anyway, Kiyo is out for Silverstone - not that he stood a chance!
Old 3 Oct 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3312193)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I guess someone like Shane is a fmaily guy now, he has had chances to go up since winning but prefers to earna decent crust in the UK and live the family life, and I dont blame him, he is towards the end of his career.

He had some good chances and was highly rated by Kenny Roberts and Aprilia after riding for them, and also when he ride the Pons Honda was not at all shown up, but politics got int he way and Vermeulen got the bike for the ext few races.

Never sure why he didnt do so well in WSB, the STerilgarda bike should have been good enough, but he never quite gelled with it, and Bayliss and the like won easily.

Kiyo the same, but he has always been an enigma, if it doesnt feel right he just tools round, if its close he is top six, on his day utterly unbeatable!

I would rpefer to see a few guys come back, Camier, Haslam, Hopkins to make abetter series as for good front runners this year hgas been a bit lax.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3312234)   #44
cg7aa
Veteran

All valid points chunder, if you're doing well in a relatively respected home-based series, there isn't much incentive to up sticks to take risks elsewhere.

I forgot to ask earlier but what is Tommy Hill up to these days, has he given up racing all together?
Old 3 Oct 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3312526)   #45
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Tommy is rather enjoying being a Dad to be honest! Seems to be more than happy doing that, and also admitting that being a frontrunner for so long burnt him out a bit,.

He packed in mainly because he wanted to move on, and didn't see a future any more in BSB, which I can totally see! But I think he might be back as team owner or team manager operhaps
Old 6 Oct 2013, 05:16 (Ref:3313391)   #46
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Thought he was only taking 12 months off - shame if he is gone...
Old 6 Oct 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3313623)   #47
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Tommy is rather enjoying being a Dad to be honest! Seems to be more than happy doing that, and also admitting that being a frontrunner for so long burnt him out a bit,.

He packed in mainly because he wanted to move on, and didn't see a future any more in BSB, which I can totally see! But I think he might be back as team owner or team manager operhaps
Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of any of that. It's interesting that he is able to make such a clean-ish break, it's almost like he has neatly compartmentalised that part of this life and said, mission accomplished, moving on now. I wonder if he misses the rush of going so fast on two wheels – occasionally. I guess not too much or he would be back in the saddle now.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3313808)   #48
cg7aa
Veteran

Gents, you have got to see Ellison's save in race two and the dash to the finish line too in the same race!
Old 6 Oct 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3313858)   #49
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Shane was truly awesome today, how on earth he was able to dow hat he did I don't know, seemingly the injury was not hampering him too much, but he dd look pretty grim after!

Got a bit fed up with the Eurosport footage, there are times when it would be nice to see a riders full reaction to his rivals, the crowd etc, but instead we look at position 11 to 20 in the championship results and results down to 20th place, totally unnecessary and rather degrading to two guys who gave their all.

These tv directors really do make me sick sometimes and have little or no idea of what fans really want to see. You can get results anywhere, no one cares lets face it.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3314009)   #50
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I forgot to ask earlier but what is Tommy Hill up to these days, has he given up racing all together?
He was actually racing this weekend, at Donington Park, in a car...

Made his 4-wheel debut in the VW racing cup, but by all accounts won't be making a habit of it, got caught up in first lap crunch at Redgate in the first race and referred to the series as 'dogems' on Twitter.

I'll post a pic when I get a chance.