Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 Apr 2002, 04:54 (Ref:254534)   #1
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bayliss or a bike???

6 in row.. is he that good or Ducati is truly super bike?
haga/aprilia and edward/honda were pushing so hard, but still no match to Ducati while kawa was sunk in the middle...
Old 8 Apr 2002, 07:14 (Ref:254566)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Ducati is superior to all the other bikes, but Bayliss still beats all the other Ducati riders convincingly, so it's the best of both worlds.
Old 8 Apr 2002, 12:42 (Ref:254814)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with the F1 man. I remember watching Bayliss as a wild card entry on a customer 250 GP bike at Philip Island in 1997. He ran as high as 4th and I believe finished 6th. The bike was shyyte. But he knew the track.

It's been great to sit back and watch what I believe is the best international motorsport anywhere being dominated by Troy. Six from six. It seems that when the going gets tough, Troy pulls out a few bike lengths. Then a few more. I think he is the class of the field. And I DO rate Edwards.

Funny though the Aprilia with Haga San on board is doing the same thing as with Corser. Going hard, then falling back.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 10:19 (Ref:255430)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wsbk has been a ducati benefit for 10 years - go troy.....

someone should ask the question : bayliss vs fogarty
Old 9 Apr 2002, 10:46 (Ref:255459)   #5
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No problem Mick.

I have always thought Foggy was over rated. He shone because he rode a Ducati, he could ride really hard but would do so full of testosterone. I think Bayliss has both the skills and the brains. Foggy had just skill. It's not enough.

Does have a nice wife though
Old 9 Apr 2002, 22:41 (Ref:256047)   #6
calcium
Racer

calcium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foggy is full of himself,Troy has his head screwed on,I can't see Troy getting cocky can you?

Yes it is the bike,but it must also be the man on the bike,other riders have the same sort of package,they just haven't the experience and aren't on form,Troy is.
Old 11 Apr 2002, 00:44 (Ref:256885)   #7
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
troy v. foggy
and the winner is TROY
Old 11 Apr 2002, 17:11 (Ref:257400)   #8
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is going to be the Bayliss show this year. It was easy to not like Foggy but Troy is handling it all in stride.

GO Ben! (Yeah, he is somewhere in the hunt... for second place )

Last edited by Redneck; 11 Apr 2002 at 17:12.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 04:06 (Ref:258649)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ben will do ok, he's great at laguna seca...... but so is ANTHONY GOBERT on his yamaha r7
Old 13 Apr 2002, 04:27 (Ref:258655)   #10
Blue
Racer

I bet Bayliss will run Ducati motogp in 2003. They may struggle in the beginning, but they will do okay later in the season, then they may pour more money into motogp. obviously, Ducati is spending lots now for wsb, but what if they officially join Motogp. kawasaki will withdraw from wsb next year if they don't improve...
what will happen to wsb?
Old 13 Apr 2002, 06:06 (Ref:258686)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've heard that once MotoGP is up and running fully, WSBK will just be disbanded, simply because it won't have the manufacturer interest. My father, a knowledgable man in motorcycle racing, reckons this could even be the final year of Superbike racing, simply because Ducati may be the only bike left in 2003.

As for Troy Bayliss next year, if he doesn't get the Ducati gig, he should retire on his laurels and go out as a champion. I reckon Bostrom will be on one bike, while Xaus will fight with someone else for the other.....
Old 13 Apr 2002, 11:12 (Ref:258807)   #12
calcium
Racer

I understand what you guys are saying but it will be a very sad day if WSB comes to an end.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 20:06 (Ref:259246)   #13
Blue
Racer

If wsb is downgraded or even disbanded, what will happen to riders? I know motogp is the summit of motor bike, so its' difficult to get there, but if wsb dissapers, where do they go? we may see lots of unemployed riders...
someone has to sort it out soon!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 20:27 (Ref:259258)   #14
calcium
Racer

I'd assume they'd be off to Moto GP,it's because of the rule changes in Moto GP that's threatened the end of World SuperBikes,the question is is there enough "room" in Moto GP for the extra riders????

Last edited by calcium; 13 Apr 2002 at 20:27.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 22:01 (Ref:259328)   #15
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if the moneys there, then theres always the possiblity to degrid privateers for more factory or semi-factory/satilite teams.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 05:51 (Ref:259572)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
If the WSBK is disbanded, many of the privateer riders will have to look at something other than MotoGP, because from my understanding, there are only a limited number of spots available (kind of like F1) and they only time they'll change it is if a manufacturer wants to join.

The 'privateer' teams (like Pons and Red Bull) in MotoGP now are already guaranteed spots, but, if more manufacturers join the sport, they could eventually be squeezed out. There are plenty of manufacturers out there who I'm sure would like a crack at motorcycle glory.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 07:39 (Ref:259589)   #17
Es Nes
Veteran

do you really think theyd throw out teams like red bull or west pons? i personally dont think theyd throw out teams of their calibre. the only ones who would be thrown out would be the lappers.

im probably seeing it wrong, but, more manufactors wouldnt throw out the quality stalite teams out ... unless theirs a factory team wfor every spot on the grid O_O
Old 14 Apr 2002, 07:54 (Ref:259599)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't think they would (or should) either, but if heaps of manufacturers join, then there may be no alternative.

Teams like Pons and Red Bull have been the backbone of the series for a long time now along with the Japanese manufacturers of Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki. They are what kept the sport ticking over.

It will be a sad day if the privateer teams are forced out of the sport. But I'm not sure if that will ever happen anyway. Just a thought....
Old 14 Apr 2002, 07:56 (Ref:259600)   #19
Es Nes
Veteran

are there really that many though?
Old 14 Apr 2002, 08:04 (Ref:259606)   #20
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Well, we've already got Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Aprilia, Modenas Proton.

On the way are Muz, Kawasaki, Ducati.

Possibles are Harley Davidson ('Tis true), MV Augusta, Cagiva (doubtful), Triumph, BMW and a whole bunch of smaller manufacturers
Old 14 Apr 2002, 08:33 (Ref:259633)   #21
Es Nes
Veteran

hd? LMMFAO! they couldnt handle ama superbikes what makes them think they can take on motogp?

itd be interestingn to see what bmws engine would be. purhapes try to one up honda by using 5 cyclinders off their f1 engine? couldnt they devople the two engines side by side if they do go for a v5 or v4.

mmm ... redbull bmw
Old 14 Apr 2002, 08:55 (Ref:259657)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
What I'm wondering is Fogarty is building his new bike for the WSBK this year. Now what if, and remember that is a big if, WSBK is disbanded, would he attempt a challenge at MotoGP, or just walk away?
Old 14 Apr 2002, 17:13 (Ref:260212)   #23
Es Nes
Veteran

i dont know, but, i certainally was surprised to hear sauber was doing wsb instead of motogp
Old 15 Apr 2002, 03:38 (Ref:260630)   #24
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sauber..it's petronas engineers who developed the engine and the teams's name is foggy petronas racing.

their website http://www.carlfogarty.net/
Old 15 Apr 2002, 03:39 (Ref:260632)   #25
Es Nes
Veteran

oops, but still, i was surprisd to hear they left motogp and went to wsb. i wonder why?