Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3816661)   #1001
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Water wetter is banned in circuit racing in the USA as if it gets onto the track it’s apparently as bad as oil..... Not sure that is all types, but certainly some!
Old 20 Apr 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3816668)   #1002
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Water wetter is banned in circuit racing in the USA as if it gets onto the track it’s apparently as bad as oil..... Not sure that is all types, but certainly some!

That's put the damper on things, Mike!
Old 20 Apr 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3816672)   #1003
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure old water pumps seals appreciate this kind of new stuff… I got for a -37° mixture and find it ok for me. But I'm not an engineer.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3816673)   #1004
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thanks Gordon . That’s interesting about the fairy liquid . Enjoy the beech
I would think that if you took the radcap off when it was hot you could have a decent foam party on the cheap Click image for larger version

Name:	foam-party-cancun.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	51162
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Apr 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3816691)   #1005
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Crackers that Gordon crackers . 😀😀😀. Second night in a row full on pizza and beer . Happy days . 😀
Old 21 Apr 2018, 05:02 (Ref:3816736)   #1006
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
. Second night in a row full on pizza and beer . Happy days . 😀
The ‘full on’ bit worries me...... Second night running here to same pizzeria, but found a ‘cremeria’ for pudding that has to go to into my top ten ice cream parlours.... BTW I’m walking the 1.9 miles to the circuit and back each day, which may help balance out the calorie intake a bit!
Old 21 Apr 2018, 07:49 (Ref:3816748)   #1007
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If you like to be quicker you can try cycling!
Old 21 Apr 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3816750)   #1008
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks Gordon . That’s interesting about the fairy liquid . Enjoy the beech
Dishwasher rinse aid works the same as water wetter for a fraction of the price.
Old 21 Apr 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3816802)   #1009
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Another pic for Alfasud fans...
Attached Thumbnails
012EBB58-880B-480A-A993-C11401B61A61.jpeg  
Old 21 Apr 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3816806)   #1010
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Merci - can you bring it home please? (And any others you found).

Incidentally, Mike, I read a little the other day about what I presume to be the Sprint you are going to race. If it's the same car, it was built as a Gp 2 car to contest the ETCC, but perhaps you already know that.
Old 21 Apr 2018, 18:49 (Ref:3816822)   #1011
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It never ceases to amaze me how you can do one job on a car and it will affect something else on it. I fitted an anti roll bar to the Belair today, drove less than a mile to test it and now can't get any gears. WTF
Old 21 Apr 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3816830)   #1012
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Not sure about the colour scheme, but its a tidy car Thanks, Mike
Old 22 Apr 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3816918)   #1013
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
These seem to be SUDdenly popping up everywhere.

HSCC Meeting a couple of weeks back.

Some of these are in need of a more attention - especially the one with the obvious fence pattern on an otherwise reasonable side pan shot!
Attached Thumbnails
1280px_HSCC_Donington_2018_ONED8776.jpg   1280px_HSCC_Donington_2018_ONED8819.jpg   1280px_HSCC_Donington_2018_ONED8850.jpg  

1280px_HSCC_Donington_2018_ONED8874.jpg   1280px_HSCC_Donington_2018_ONED8898.jpg   1280px_HSCC_Donington_2018_ONED8906.jpg  

Old 23 Apr 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3817052)   #1014
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
We would never have noticed if you hadn’t said!

After Q for our race at Imola, as I was changing back into civvies I realised my phone wasn’t anywhere it could be.... Oh shite, where the heck have I left that, was near enough the reaction! Being one of them Apple products, I fired up the ‘find my phone’ app on the iPad, and it showed a location in the paddock, not moving. So I walked across towards the signal and it took me to an Italian bod, standing and talking on his phone. Mmm, how to handle the situation without causing an International incident. He wasn't carrying anything a phone could be hidden in..... Looking round, the Morgan was still in parc ferme close by, so I asked the gate marshal if I could go and look in the car. Sure enough, although the signal indicated it was 10 metres away, the phone was in the footwell....

Moral of the story is that GPS isn’t that accurate, especially if there is something screening the phone from the sky. So If you ever need to use the app, don’t assume the location is exactly where it shows.....
Old 24 Apr 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3817138)   #1015
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Moral of the story is that GPS isn’t that accurate, especially if there is something screening the phone from the sky. So If you ever need to use the app, don’t assume the location is exactly where it shows.....
The bods that "try" and deliver parcels to me can hardly ever find me, normally I find parcels at the top of our drive early in the morning left by someone who has had it delivered to their address the day before !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Apr 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3817168)   #1016
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Despite the (manufacturer fitted) satnav in my van assuring me it knew exactly where the hotel near Milan was night before last, it took me into a tiny village with lots of ‘street calming’! I asked same question of google maps and it showed the hotel a mile away, and in fact I had passed it. Only way back was down a single track road which made most Norfolk lanes look massive, but fortunately I only met one small car....

Interestingly, the road from the Autostrada had several lay-bys, and each one had a car parked in it, and a young(ish) lady sitting on a chair. Maybe I should have asked one of them for directions.......
Old 24 Apr 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3817175)   #1017
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interestingly, the road from the Autostrada had several lay-bys, and each one had a car parked in it, and a young(ish) lady sitting on a chair. Maybe I should have asked one of them for directions.......
Good to hear that the Italian AA still offer roadside assistance...
Old 24 Apr 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3817183)   #1018
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I stopped off in one of those lay-bys to have a "pee break" and a young lady sitting on a chair next to her caravan complete with high heels and miniskirt smiled at me, I came back and said to my wife "when you go down to the toilets have a look at the woman sitting by the caravan" when she came back she said "she was reading a newspaper"
Old 24 Apr 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3817208)   #1019
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Stopping in France, you could say HE is reading a newspaper!
On another mode, it seems that the very french affair Tour Auto turns to be English festival of speed for Messieurs Cottingham, Ward and Gill. respectively first, second and fourth of the provisional overall classification.
Hé ben, ça promet!
Old 24 Apr 2018, 19:13 (Ref:3817228)   #1020
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

In a previous life I used to go to Tampa several times a year to visit USCENTCOM at MacDill Air Force Base and stayed at the Marriott hotel near the centre of the city. In the lobby there was shoe shine stand, staffed by two attractive young ladies who used to dress in short skirts, high heels and slim fitting white blouses. Seemed an inappropriate attire for bending down and shining shoes.

Funnily enough they were not always there, and seemed to have several longish breaks during the day, not long after shining a chaps shoes.......
Old 24 Apr 2018, 23:39 (Ref:3817256)   #1021
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
These seem to be SUDdenly popping up everywhere.

HSCC Meeting a couple of weeks back.

Some of these are in need of a more attention - especially the one with the obvious fence pattern on an otherwise reasonable side pan shot!
Tim Hayes has been running that Sud Sprint for a while....quite a few Alfas running with HSCC but mostly 105 series or Alfetta GTV - Tim is in the Invitation class
Old 25 Apr 2018, 07:42 (Ref:3817281)   #1022
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:

When I were a young and niave teenager I used to drive trucks to a town near Florence every week. We used to park up in the station square waiting for customs clearance and return loads and I often wondered why so many cars stopped and asked ladies for directions on one side of the square and an equal amount used to ask men for directions on the other side.
Old 25 Apr 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3817284)   #1023
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
When I were a young and niave teenager I used to drive trucks to a town near Florence every week. We used to park up in the station square waiting for customs clearance and return loads and I often wondered why so many cars stopped and asked ladies for directions on one side of the square and an equal amount used to ask men for directions on the other side.
Tut tut Tim, And you are a moderator. Naive."i think"
Old 25 Apr 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3817306)   #1024
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey now I've seen everything.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Apr 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3817362)   #1025
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
It seems I can still attract the wimmin. I had to have a CT angiogram today but apparently my body still doesn't agree with foriegn objects being inserted into it. When nursey tried and failed miserably to insert a cannula i took a turn for the worse and my BP fell out the bottom of the hospital, 40 over 20 at one point and a lot of flapping around by the nusrses and then about 3 doctors turned up, so I had around 6 or 7 women all fussing around me at one point, trouble is they all ****ed off once I felt better.
Closed Thread