Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3229358)   #1
ottostreet
Rookie

ottostreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridottostreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota to return to F1 in 2014 ?

Seen rumours of a Toyota return on a few sites, but returning as Lexus...

Will it happen?

Our FormulaSpy.com link

ClubLexus link

Sportpulse link

It's all stemming from one source, but is there fire where there's smoke?

I think Toyota and Honda both realise how silly they were for bailing so quickly when things got a bit tougher.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 01:47 (Ref:3229359)   #2
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could see how Honda might feel foolish but not Toyota.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3229361)   #3
ottostreet
Rookie

ottostreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridottostreet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not? They had a decent 2009, Glock was a hero in some of the races, Kobayashi was electric in his few outings.

Who knows what they could have done in 2010, because I thought they were much improved in 2009.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 02:31 (Ref:3229367)   #4
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will they bring the other Schumacher back out of retirement to steady the ship and be a good influence?
Old 5 Apr 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3229458)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Honda and Toyota might do it as engine suppliers if the maths is right. Why not? They'll look at the Renault model and the existing Renault model is delivering them championships so why not have a crack at the big prize at a bargain?

As for Ralph coming back. Given his foray into team management, he might return as team principal or a manager or something. Food for thought anyway.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3229532)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Toyota are back to the number 1 spot in car sales and with the potential for a brighter economic future in Japan it might be a good time for them to come back. the Lexus branding is the way to go to if they do.

cynically, they have had the Ferrari's in their wind tunnel lately so maybe they took some notes...which i always thought weird because back in the day Ferrari alleged that a former employee employee of theirs took designs of the F2002 and then incorporated them into the TF103.

i guess thats just F1. one day you are accusing someone of cheating and the next day you are doing business with them. good times!
Old 5 Apr 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3229630)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, Lexus in F1.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3229636)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bet they'd still have the same livery.
Old 5 Apr 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3229669)   #9
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Will they bring the other Schumacher back out of retirement to steady the ship and be a good influence?
Ralferoo? Please no!
Old 5 Apr 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3229678)   #10
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe this rumor has to do with the possibility of using the same engine in F1 and Le Mans LMP1 in 2014
Alpina Renault in LMP1, Toyota in F1 with the same engine as in F1 and Honda with Mc Laren in F1 and perhaps with the same engine in HPD ARX of LMP1.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...rn-to-le-mans/
Old 6 Apr 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3229761)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn...
Old 6 Apr 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3229773)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could see Toyota back in again to give it another crack under the new rules.

The first time around they blew it. Probably one of the worst expenditures vs. what they got out of it, which was about nothing. Several billion down the drain.
Old 6 Apr 2013, 04:15 (Ref:3229822)   #13
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Maybe this rumor has to do with the possibility of using the same engine in F1 and Le Mans LMP1 in 2014
Alpina Renault in LMP1, Toyota in F1 with the same engine as in F1 and Honda with Mc Laren in F1 and perhaps with the same engine in HPD ARX of LMP1.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...rn-to-le-mans/
Excuse me, I wanted to say Toyota with the same engine in F1 and LMP1
Old 6 Apr 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3229856)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think that all this is wishful thinking rather it is extremely unlikely to happen