Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Mar 2017, 04:06 (Ref:3720808)   #276
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Great performance by Audi.

Special mention to the return of Hector Lestor and Benny Simonsen in 13th place
Hector Leslie is in 21st spot

No driver changes during races this weekend
Old 23 Mar 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3720827)   #277
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A super drive from Ash Walsh has handed the Supabarn Supermarkets Audi R8 LMS victory around Albert Park for the second successive year. It was close though, battling Kelvin van der Linde and David Russell in a tense three-way battle
Old 24 Mar 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3721065)   #278
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Lago comfortably wins Aus GT Race 2 at AGP
Old 26 Mar 2017, 07:06 (Ref:3721555)   #279
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great weekend racing with Porsche taking their first outright AGT win in a good while

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/03/26/...ked-gt-race-4/
Old 26 Mar 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3721589)   #280
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
A great weekend racing with Porsche taking their first outright AGT win in a good while

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/03/26/...ked-gt-race-4/
did you manage to watch the racing somewhere?
Old 26 Mar 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3721704)   #281
davelise
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
davelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched all races from Jones Stand Turn1 ,2. All good races and the cars looked great.

Old 27 Mar 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3721868)   #282
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
MatCoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
management of the series are happy for the race not to be shown, dont blame channel ten
I can categorically deny that is the case.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3721998)   #283
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
just agreeing with the "supporters" in this forum and the things they tell me
How does it feel to be wrong so often?
Old 28 Mar 2017, 02:16 (Ref:3722018)   #284
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
MatCoch, the posters in this forum disagree with you.

And last years calendar release would support management dont desire TV coverage. Teams on the other hand, well that might be different, so management we forced into an embarrassing back down on the calendar (but we are not allowed to talk about that because only 100% positives things are allowed to be said about GT3 racing in Australia)

Last edited by peckstar; 28 Mar 2017 at 02:22.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 02:34 (Ref:3722020)   #285
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pecktar do you know who MatCoch is?

Think he knows a bit more than you on the subject.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 02:47 (Ref:3722021)   #286
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Pecktar do you know who MatCoch is?
Australian GT Media Manager,

Good on ya, Pecky
Old 28 Mar 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3722023)   #287
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

And last years calendar release would support management dont desire TV coverage. Teams on the other hand, well that might be different, so management we forced into an embarrassing back down on the calendar (but we are not allowed to talk about that because only 100% positives things are allowed to be said about GT3 racing i)

Peckstar the posters in this forum disagree with you and if you're going to argue the point with the series own media person who I know is a pretty straight up bloke then it shows how deluded you are.

Go back under your bridge
Old 28 Mar 2017, 03:16 (Ref:3722024)   #288
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Peckstar the posters in this forum disagree with you and if you're going to argue the point with the series own media person who I know is a pretty straight up bloke then it shows how deluded you are.
Wait i am agreeing with the posters in this forum, and now you are telling me they disagree with me. Nice. somewhat confused

Remind me again what a media persons job is?

Did the management of the series decide last year to go with a series without TV coverage. YES! That is undeniable. That was a management decision and the teams forced a back down and many posters on here thought it was great the series going its own way without tV

Why was there only TV coverage of one race on the weekend? Other series got more coeverage , The telecast was on? Im putting it down to a management decision (unless you can prove otherwise) Certainly MatCoch has provided no evidence otehrwise
Old 28 Mar 2017, 03:16 (Ref:3722025)   #289
velly4
Racer

Australia
Quote:

And last years calendar release would support management dont desire TV coverage. Teams on the other hand, well that might be different, so management we forced into an embarrassing back down on the calendar (but we are not allowed to talk about that because only 100% positives things are allowed to be said about GT3 racing in Australia)
Clearly being wrong is enjoyable to you
Old 28 Mar 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3722027)   #290
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
Clearly being wrong is enjoyable to you
Prove i am wrong, should be easy if you are so confident

Stop playing the man and prove me wrong.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 03:23 (Ref:3722029)   #291
velly4
Racer

Australia
The series media contact said you are wrong what other proof do you need?
Old 28 Mar 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3722030)   #292
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
The series media contact said you are wrong what other proof do you need?
that's his job to show things in a good light, even if it is bad. should be easy to provide some proof and not opinion

Let me quote someone further up the tree though

Ken Collier declared that Australian GT is “no longer a support category”. Right at the time he failed to announce that that there would be no TV coverage in 2017 apart from at Clipsal. spin spin spin

Let me Quote Scudd in post 219 reffering to lack of TV coverage - "Quinn wanted this" I think Quinn is a bit higher up the tree also

Let me quote Scudd again from post 220 - "The Aust Gt championship is not aimed at the spectator"

Last edited by peckstar; 28 Mar 2017 at 03:38.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 03:50 (Ref:3722033)   #293
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
I will not be drawn into a debate or argument, nor will I be pressured or chastised into offering commercially sensitive information.

I'm happy to engage in educated, constructive and balanced discussion, and have done so openly elsewhere. I will not respond to rumours or remarks that border on slander.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 03:58 (Ref:3722034)   #294
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatCoch View Post
I will not be drawn into a debate or argument, nor will I be pressured or chastised into offering commercially sensitive information.

I'm happy to engage in educated, constructive and balanced discussion, and have done so openly elsewhere. I will not respond to rumours or remarks that border on slander.

We both know the truth about why only one race was on TV
Old 28 Mar 2017, 04:07 (Ref:3722035)   #295
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
One of us does, yes.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 04:13 (Ref:3722038)   #296
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
One of us does, yes.
No we both do. Well I do and i am assuming you also know.

So secret, like its not common knowledege
Old 28 Mar 2017, 04:39 (Ref:3722041)   #297
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah Mat, no one wants to hear from people within the series about the inner workings of the category that you work for, we prefer to hear the preachings of Reverend Peckstar, thanks anyway, but he gets the good oil.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 04:42 (Ref:3722042)   #298
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'd like to say thanks for coming here to post, I am just ashamed that you have had to come here to post because of one squeaky wheel, and not here to engage with your fans here, of which there are many.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3722043)   #299
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Yeah Mat, no one wants to hear from people within the series about the inner workings of the category that you work for, we prefer to hear the preachings of Reverend Peckstar, thanks anyway, but he gets the good oil.
Now underneath is the inner workings

I am a fan of the new format, definite improvment

Last edited by peckstar; 28 Mar 2017 at 04:54.
Old 28 Mar 2017, 04:50 (Ref:3722044)   #300
MatCoch
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
I'm now back in Sydney and in front of a computer, rather than on my phone, so it's a bit easier to type.

Firstly, I'm happy to chat about anything and everything Australian GT and will be as forthcoming as I can be. I've been active with the community elsewhere and have thoroughly enjoyed providing what insight I can. Naturally there are commercial sensitivities that prevent me discussing some aspects, but wherever I can I will give you the low down. If I can't be straight, or can't comment on a topic, I simply won't.

Now, for the Grand Prix. Universal feedback has been overwhelmingly positive to the new format. The drivers loved it, the fans at the track seemed to love it. I was buried in a commentary box, but I'm told there were spectators ten deep in places, groaning and moaning as the race unfolded. The drivers and teams also liked the format, and it produced some amazing racing.

It was a shame to have only had one race televised, but it's better than no races. The race that was shown was a belter and a great advertisement for the category.

In Australian GT Championship terms we're now looking forward to Barbagallo, where all sessions will be broadcast live and in full on Fox Sports.

Before then, we're back in Melbourne next week for the opening round of the CAMS Australian GT Trophy Series presented by Pirelli. The early entry list is looking good and there are some exciting things happening that should be publicised in the coming days. It's all good news though, and should make it a cracking weekend to kick off a cracking season!