Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 May 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3069679)   #51
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Well ur hero Tander will go down as the first to hit and take the door off a car before the race start
Clearly a warning of what was to come.
Old 5 May 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3069686)   #52
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Two touches, both from Tander. The first touch didn't work so he crunched Frosty a second time.
Quote:
Clearly a warning of what was to come.
I lol'd. I'm sure you also feel that Whincup was at fault last round when Frosty tried a few times to push him off the road at the fastest turn at the track. and then again with Van Giz...

You are right tho, it was a warning of what Frosty will drive like this year (in his defense, all of his career at FPR, frosty had crap teammates, but now he actually has to pull his finger out, the desperation is showing)
Old 5 May 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3069688)   #53
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Frosty has made it clear thats how he's going to drive this year (He did it with Van Giz, and with whincup, and now tander), by trying to muscle out the other cars. Hopefully he tries it on with Ingall, or courtney, who will have no problems about serving it back
Unlikey that Frosty will be mixing it with Ingall or Courtney.........unless the reverse grid race makes a comeback.
Old 5 May 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3069690)   #54
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Unlikey that Frosty will be mixing it with Ingall or Courtney.........unless the reverse grid race makes a comeback.
You seem to be implying Frosty will be leading every lap for the rest of the year

Its only a matter of time.
Old 5 May 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3069704)   #55
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I lol'd. I'm sure you also feel that Whincup was at fault last round when Frosty tried a few times to push him off the road at the fastest turn at the track. and then again with Van Giz...

You are right tho, it was a warning of what Frosty will drive like this year (in his defense, all of his career at FPR, frosty had crap teammates, but now he actually has to pull his finger out, the desperation is showing)
We're not talking about last round, we're discussing today's race.........Tander clearly at fault.
Old 5 May 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3069714)   #56
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
We're not talking about last round, we're discussing today's race.........Tander clearly at fault.
No, Frosty hit first, so he is at fault
Old 5 May 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3069721)   #57
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
No, Frosty hit first, so he is at fault
No, look you're on your own, everybody else here knows Tander had a shocker.....sometimes you just have to face the facts.
Old 5 May 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3069732)   #58
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
No, look you're on your own, everybody else here knows Tander had a shocker.....sometimes you just have to face the facts.
Having now seen the footage again, my opinion stands. Just because 6 ford fans disagree with me, it doesn't mean i'm wrong, just that they're all siding with the ford driver (luckily i'm nuetral, My first team is DJR (Ford), my second was PMM (Holden), who now all run fords...)

Frosty is the first to move left, into Tander, then Tander retaliates, even blind freddy can see it!

MW is the new PM it seems
Old 5 May 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3069736)   #59
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Having now seen the footage again, my opinion stands. Just because 6 ford fans disagree with me, it doesn't mean i'm wrong, just that they're all siding with the ford driver (luckily i'm nuetral, My first team is DJR (Ford), my second was PMM (Holden), who now all run fords...)

Frosty is the first to move left, into Tander, then Tander retaliates, even blind freddy can see it!

MW is the new PM it seems
It's not just "6 Ford fans", you have no support from within the holden ranks.......an admission of guilt so to speak.
Old 5 May 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3069737)   #60
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
It's not just "6 Ford fans", you have no support from within the holden ranks.......an admission of guilt so to speak.
cool story bro
Old 5 May 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3069744)   #61
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
cool story bro
........and so tue.
Old 5 May 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3069762)   #62
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
........and so tue.
About as accurate as the bible
Old 5 May 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3069865)   #63
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champi...1/default.aspx

WHY though?
WHY not use the pit entry PRIOR to turn 7 ? Isnt it Safer ?????
Old 5 May 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3069989)   #64
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
About as accurate as the bible
I'm glad you've come to your senses.
Old 5 May 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3070063)   #65
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

WHY though?
There were a couple of close ones yesterday. It will be interesting when there are a couple of cars fighting and the first one wants to pit.

And Stealthy, this time your wrong.
Old 5 May 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3070073)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
R7

Series Points

Some of that banging stuff knocked the series points around....

What I am curious about is why #7 continues to ignore car #8's pilot...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 May 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3070077)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So,... How does This keep happening?

Surely the series tyre supplier knows that there will be races for the main game and the development series on over the weekend, and that if it rains, a certain quantity of tyres will be needed? At least this time the tyres actually existed, albeit on the other side of the country!

Meantime the development series teams were hamstrung with one set of new wets for the weekend... professional? Not really...
Old 6 May 2012, 01:39 (Ref:3070091)   #68
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Check the footage gramps (dont forget your glasses, the clear ones tho )
Old 6 May 2012, 02:08 (Ref:3070096)   #69
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Enough said.........end of story, no matter what the never ending stream of replies say.
Old 6 May 2012, 02:16 (Ref:3070098)   #70
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Enough said.........end of story, no matter what the never ending stream of replies say.
This just in, Sizzle is god!

Check the footage, they show the replay from in Reynolds car. It doesn't matter which way you look at it, Frosty turns left and causes the first contact.
Old 6 May 2012, 07:07 (Ref:3070120)   #71
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

WHY though?
From what I heard (not in some powder room by the way) was it was what the V8 guys wanted.. Same with using the last flag point out of turn 7 where the pits start as the finish line and not the normal start/finish line. A few race finishes were cut short you could say but not allowing the full run out of turn 7 to the normal finish line, Whinecup would of probably got back infront of Frosty by the old finish line

But great finish to the race and FPR with their form continuing

Last edited by St00ge; 6 May 2012 at 07:23.
Old 6 May 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3070121)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Anybody want a job as the safety car controller or safety car driver?

Did Ms Anderson pick up the wrong orange Commodore, or was she instructed to do so?

Uncle Roland isnt too pleased... neither is Mr Stone...

Will a change be made, or is it back to blame free city?
Old 6 May 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3070124)   #73
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Did Ms Anderson pick up the wrong orange Commodore, or was she instructed to do so?

I'm sure there is a fair few grumpy team owners, I was looking at the live timing and I couldn't quite work out how Karl Reindler suddenly jumped from 6 spots behind Murph (Who was just behind 888 & 9) to 6 spots ahead

Looks like the Soft Tyres weren't quite up to 35 laps of Barbagallo by the end....
Old 6 May 2012, 07:36 (Ref:3070125)   #74
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
[QUOTE=GTRMagic;3070073What I am curious about is why #7 continues to ignore car #8's pilot...[/QUOTE]

Actually think that they mention car 8's pilot (in gerneral) more than deserved - even when the car is way back in the field.

Had an interview with the pilot after the last race today so he certainly wasn't ignored at that stage.
Old 6 May 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3070126)   #75
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Didn't look like it was handled well did it? Could see there was a problem as soon as we came back from the commercial break and 888 was SO far back in the pack.

Not good, not good at all.