Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3228523)   #1
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Podiums with Ferrari or a WDC in a Durex?

If a wonder car called the Durex came to being, and was so advanced that nothing can beat it, would a top driver want to drive the Durex? or rather drive to podiums in a Ferrari, Williams or McLaren, cars with history and glamour?

Old 3 Apr 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3228538)   #2
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll take the WC thanks.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3228544)   #3
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I'll take the WC thanks.

And you would feel a worthy champion?
Old 3 Apr 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3228550)   #4
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
If a wonder car called the Durex came to being, and was so advanced that nothing can beat it, would a top driver want to drive the Durex? or rather drive to podiums in a Ferrari, Williams or McLaren, cars with history and glamour?

Alan Jones was happy to drive a Durex in 1976:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Surtees_TS19_2007.jpg
Old 3 Apr 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3228552)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it was for the F1 WDC then drivers would drive a car called "My Mother Wears Skis In The Phone Booth!" if it was the fastest and would make them champion.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3228553)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I don't think there'll be a problem.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3228558)   #7
MarkG
Veteran

sponsored by durex is different.

Ok, I guess I must look at car racing from a different perspective to most. No problem, takes all sorts to make a world.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3228615)   #8
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69ybiDAO-M

The most interesting details of the subject covered....
Old 3 Apr 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3228617)   #9
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The question is who's rubber would last longer: durex or Pirelli?
Old 3 Apr 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3228629)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Well, if Red Bull gives you wings, I'm sure that coming up with a catch phrase shouldn't be too difficult for them.

Also, Ferrari being sponsored by Durex wouldn't do its relationship with the Catholic church, any good at all.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3228634)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter185 View Post
The question is who's rubber would last longer: durex or Pirelli?
One wonders if Durex would bring out an 'Endurance' version......
Old 3 Apr 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3228704)   #12
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would it be any worse than standing on the podium with West/Marlboro/Johnnie Walker/PDVSA across your chest?
Old 3 Apr 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3228706)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what a 3 weeks break does to people.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3228743)   #14
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
One wonders if Durex would bring out an 'Endurance' version......
Or a wet version...
Old 3 Apr 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3228747)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I'll take the WC thanks.
Agreed, get a WC and you create a little bit of history and glamour.

It would also be a good name for a team. After all you need rubber that is consistent and lasts a long time.
Old 3 Apr 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3228750)   #16
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lasts a long time? Are you sure that's entirely necessary?
Old 8 Apr 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3231097)   #17
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Lasts a long time? Are you sure that's entirely necessary?
Could be better than the slogan"Always coming first with Durex"