Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Mar 2017, 03:00 (Ref:3715996)   #51
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHeny87 View Post
Hey guys, so I had the great opportunity to attended the 12 Hours of Sebring race 3 years in a row. All 3 years in attendance I enjoyed filming the race throughout the track. I finally decided to put together a montage, so be sure to turn that volume up and enjoy.

Phenomenal! You should be on Sebring's payroll making commercials for them. I am going to assume you went to school for this, because all the shots and editing look very professional.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 03:38 (Ref:3716004)   #52
DJHeny87
Rookie

United States
Tampa, FL
DJHeny87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshnwoody View Post
Awesome Video...I am actually in it!
Thanks! HaHa oh yeah... Where at?
Old 3 Mar 2017, 03:41 (Ref:3716005)   #53
DJHeny87
Rookie

United States
Tampa, FL
DJHeny87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Phenomenal! You should be on Sebring's payroll making commercials for them. I am going to assume you went to school for this, because all the shots and editing look very professional.
Thank You I really appreciate it! I sure did. I'm actually trying to get myself back into doing some freelance video work.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 14:03 (Ref:3716116)   #54
sheshnwoody
Rookie

sheshnwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHeny87 View Post
Thanks! HaHa oh yeah... Where at?
Trackside 10 spots before S/F....great overhead shots from over pits!
Old 5 Mar 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3716731)   #55
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sebring Entry?

P (11)
2 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier Nissan DPi
5 Action Express Racing Cadillac DPi-V.R
10 Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac DPi-V.R
12 Rebellion Racing Oreca 07 Gibson
22 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier Nissan DPi
31 Action Express Racing Cadillac DPi-V.R
52 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports Ligier JS P217 Gibson
55 SpeedSource Mazda RT24-P
70 SpeedSource Mazda RT24-P
85 JDC/Miller Motorsports Oreca 07 Gibson
90 VisitFlorida.com Racing Riley Mk. 30 Gibson

PC (4)
20 BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
26 BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
38 Performance Tech Oreca FLM09
88 Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09

GTLM (10)
3 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
4 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
19 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
25 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
66 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
67 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
68 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
911 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR
912 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR

GTD (22)
11 Grasser Racing Team Lamborghini Huracán GT3
14 3GT Racing Lexus RC F GT3
15 3GT Racing Lexus RC F GT3
16 Change Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
18 DAC Motorsports Lamborghini Huracán GT3
21 Konrad Motorsports Lamborghini Huracán GT3
23 Alex Job Racing Audi R8 LMS
27 Dream Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
28 Alegra Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
29 Montaplast by Land Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
33 Riley Motorsports – Team AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3
46 Ebimotors Lamborghini Huracán GT3
48 Paul Miller Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
50 Riley Motorsports – WeatherTech Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3
54 CORE Autosport Porsche 911 GT3 R
57 Stevenson Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
63 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3
73 Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
75 SunEnergy1 Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3
86 Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3
93 Michael Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3
991 TRG Porsche 911 GT3 R
Old 6 Mar 2017, 04:20 (Ref:3716775)   #56
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Sebring Entry?

66 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
67 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
68 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
The 68 won't be in attendance... both of the WEC cars went back IIRC.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 6 Mar 2017, 04:31 (Ref:3716778)   #57
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
The 68 won't be in attendance... both of the WEC cars went back IIRC.
I thought it was announced last week the 68 will race Sebring with Mucke, Pla, and Johnson driving.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 04:39 (Ref:3716779)   #58
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know but 2 Fords is enough....
Old 6 Mar 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3716780)   #59
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I thought it was announced last week the 68 will race Sebring with Mucke, Pla, and Johnson driving.
The entry list hasn't been released yet.... so.. I mean, it's possible, but I'd love a source.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 6 Mar 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3716782)   #60
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Affirmative 3 Fords.

Haven't bothered looking into the line up if that's what you're wanting a source on.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 07:20 (Ref:3716792)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3 Fords was confirmed about a 4-5 days ago.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3716816)   #62
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Affirmative 3 Fords.

Haven't bothered looking into the line up if that's what you're wanting a source on.
No, I want to know who said it was happening. Can't give a toss about who is driving.

I'm not doubting it, just want to know where it's come from.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 10:24 (Ref:3716818)   #63
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From Ford.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fo...r-12h-sebring/
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...r-sebring.html

No need for super duper top secret stuff here. Press releases do just fine.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3716820)   #64
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
From Ford.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fo...r-12h-sebring/
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...r-sebring.html

No need for super duper top secret stuff here. Press releases do just fine.
Thanks, I've been in and out for a few days working doubles so I can get to Sebring for some time away. Things get missed!
Old 6 Mar 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3716852)   #65
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Read that DSC story nearly gave me a heart attack when they stated the race was on the 11th/12th!
Old 13 Mar 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3718374)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just an FYI, I turned this into the race thread and put the requisite links on the first post.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3718378)   #67
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That entry list is so strong, and then you get to the PC's...........
Old 13 Mar 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3718392)   #68
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I posted this in the trackside thread, but will re-post it here since I think trackside is often overlooked:

Here's something annoying:

If you go to the Sebring website and look at 2017 tentative schedule you will see a short list of things for Wednesday. One of those (the last for Wednesday) is listed as a track walk for 90 minutes. From memory it seemed that the competitor track walk was only listed on the very detailed schedules that showed things like load in times, chapel service times, lunch schedule, various race track minutiae things.

So, when I read this on a listing that only shows the on track activities it leads me to believe that perhaps this means that this is a public track walk, and that gets me very excited. Excited enough that I will leave my house extra early on Wednesday for my ten hour drive so that I can get there in time for it. (I remember doing a public track walk at Mosport once and it was fantastic, made me wish that all tracks did it)

So today I call the raceway and talk with someone there. Here's a basic transcript from memory of our conversation:

Person answering the phone (PATW):
Hello, Sebring International Raceway how can I help you?

Me:
Hello, I hope you are having a nice day. I have a question about something on the schedule for Wednesday. It says that you have a track walk scheduled, is this open to the public?

PATW:
I'm not sure, do you mind holding so I can get an answer?
*Puts me on hold*

PATW:
There is no track walk, you must be looking at the wrong schedule, where did you see this?

Me:
I saw it on your website.

PATW:
No, that is not on our website.

Me:
It is, I am looking at it right now.

PATW:
Well you must be looking at the wrong thing, there is no track walk. Look for the schedule on our website.

Me:
Yes, the schedule on your website says there is a track walk.

PATW:
No it does not.

Me:
Okay. Thanks for your time.
*Obviously did not feel like arguing*

What do you all make of this? Does anyone else feel like calling and trying to get an answer? Does anyone know where we can get the old proper schedule?
Old 13 Mar 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3718393)   #69
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
It's lunch time.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3718400)   #70
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
What do you all make of this? Does anyone else feel like calling and trying to get an answer? Does anyone know where we can get the old proper schedule?
Says "tentative" at the top, so that means they can make it up and change at well.

Seems odd, but assume this is for drivers and crews to walk the track and perhaps get lost in a Sebring pothole.

EDIT: here's the one from the IMSA website
http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.co...ntschedule.pdf
Nothing about a track walk or anything for that matter on Wednesday.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3718401)   #71
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
I called, she said she was misinformed. Spectator track walk is a thing as described in schedule.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3718403)   #72
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I called, she said she was misinformed. Spectator track walk is a thing as described in schedule.
Hell yeah! Thanks man. That is going to be fun!
Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:05 (Ref:3718404)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I stand corrected...she must have been "new".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Hell yeah! Thanks man. That is going to be fun!
That will be cool. We'll be leaving Atlanta then...
Old 13 Mar 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3718420)   #74
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
You could always walk the first 3.7 miles toward fl
Old 13 Mar 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3718424)   #75
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
You could always walk the first 3.7 miles toward fl
I'd need to find the worst street in town to start with!

Besides, you've met me. Can't you tell I walk only when required?