Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Nov 2003, 19:02 (Ref:789850)   #1
skypop
Rookie

skypop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Scholarship associated with Motorsport Creative company

Please do NOT go any where near this promotion as we have had no contact from this company and are worried as they are asking for money up front and no one seems able to reach them!!! (please note: this is a separate promotion to Exchange and Mart SYW Challenge.)
Old 20 Nov 2003, 19:06 (Ref:789854)   #2
skypop
Rookie

This is the competition where the winner drives a F Zip, F Renault, V6 and then a test in a f1 car
If anyone has any contary information please contact myself
Old 20 Nov 2003, 19:12 (Ref:789855)   #3
Century
Rookie

Century should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We contacted them by e mail asking for more information - suprise deafening silence.
Old 20 Nov 2003, 19:42 (Ref:789877)   #4
skypop
Rookie

Just to stress this is NOT at at all connected with the EXCHANGE and MART Competition organised by Tim Matthews
Old 20 Nov 2003, 20:01 (Ref:789900)   #5
skypop
Rookie

has anyone got the link to there site
Old 28 Nov 2003, 09:26 (Ref:796855)   #6
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skypop - we at the Buckmore Park forum are all talking about this event and I've tried letting some of the lads at karting.co.uk know about it, but a few don't seem to want to listen.

Personally it sounds like a total scam, anyone who gives them money will be chucking it down the toilet!

Here's an e-mail from a guy from Buckmore:

No i really do think this is a suspect event!!! why i hear you cry...well, after reading the mail from C100 who Alan rightly states own Streatham Play Scape ( same company etc ) i emailed the event organizers, to my surprize i have received an email back...

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that I've received your entry form and I'll be sending you a more formal e-mail later this week followed by written confirmation and information in a week or so.

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you and assure you it won't happen again. I've always prided myself in customer service and regret this lapse.

At the moment you're booked in for Round 1 on January 27th 2004.

All the best.

Regards.

XXXXXXX

I have witheld the name. Now after reading the email you may think, thats okay, whats the problem? Well...1st its from a Hotmail account !!! i dont trust anyone who works from a hotmail account, 2nd I havent actually applied or Paid!?!?!

I rest my case. 'Barge poll' and 'don't touch with a' comes to mind...definitely a case for Watchdog...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 23:44 (Ref:823025)   #7
andy_1
Rookie

andy_1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by skypop
This is the competition where the winner drives a F Zip, F Renault, V6 and then a test in a f1 car
If anyone has any contary information please contact myself
hey people, i was probably one of the few idiots who paid for the scholarship and never got a reply, i went to motorsport creative office in covent garden and managed to get a contact number (david felming`s number aparently) everytime i dial that number is always on voicemail...i dont leave a mesage because its unlikely that he replys back to me.
any sugestions???
cheers
Old 30 Dec 2003, 09:28 (Ref:823371)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Try the Office of Fair trading or the Fraud Squad (seriously). Write to BBC Watchdog etc etc etc. Then hopefully the people responsible will at least be publicly named and shamed.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 10:15 (Ref:823391)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to point out the exchange and mart thing was pretty sticky before exchange and mart got involved - I remember lots of nasty emails flying round about Tim Matthews from disgruntled would be competitors wondering what had happened to their money. In the end I think he offered everyone a bye into round2 or they could pay to miss it out or something and then everyone shut up.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 18:02 (Ref:823717)   #10
Century
Rookie

Century should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The office of fair trading, watchdog, fraud squad will not be in the least bit interested - I know from experience.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 10:08 (Ref:829241)   #11
superspeed
Rookie

superspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting

Hi there,

I too know of the project as I did the initial Art Work for Logo with David.
I did as well the Livery’s for Cars etc. back in Dez. 2001 ( I think it was)
David more or less never got back and then told me the Project was stranded.

So I did a lot of work for neither pay, nor recognition ...that’s motorsport!

Kind regards

.B

Boris Felix
Superspeed Design
http://superspeeddesign.com
Old 6 Jan 2004, 10:22 (Ref:829252)   #12
superspeed
Rookie

superspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

... just went to have a look at the f1scholarship web site ...the first I've seen of that!?
logo and cars look diferent then what was done a few years ago.

I know what you mean about Daviid not geting back... I can confirm that's the same with me.

apart from that he seems a sound guy!?
I wouldn't be suprised if it's not a scam...
suppose we'll find out. ...but I hope NOT

how long has this f1 scholarship project been promotet for?

cheers

.B
Old 6 Jan 2004, 17:23 (Ref:829643)   #13
Jensen
Racer

Jensen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Scam / The Plan

The plan they had was simple, all entrants paid the entry fee, from this money the winner would move on to zip and he/she would be insured against winning the championship in their first year, each round would have insurance against that, the winner would be entitled to the pay out which the organisers would claim, they would then use that money to pay for that driver to do the next step which would have insurance against winning that championship in that year too, then if he / she won that championship the insurance would pay out which would then pay for the next round and so on.

A simple idea in principal using a performace style insurance policy but in real terms it meant you would have to win ZIP, FRenault, FRenault V6 etc etc first time.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I assume that most people were not fooled and thus not enough entries to pay for the first round plus the insurance hence the organisers dissapearing.

All said and done anyone can be found if you feel it worth the hassel. I would out of principal.

jensen.