Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 Dec 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1172315)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Need a wheel - which one?

I want to play netKar as well as getting better at GPl, and I've decided I need a wheel....

Some restrictions on choice though. I still use my Serpent VRC adaptor for some games, and as my gameport isn't easily accessible, the wheel needs to be a USB one. It also has to be cheap, and possibly one with a gear lever, but thats not too important.

Any ideas?
Old 6 Dec 2004, 13:57 (Ref:1172318)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Garry, pretty well everything now will be USB, I reckon......

Obviously, if you can sell your soul and get a MOMO Force, that's what I'd suggest. Other than that, I'd take a look on Logitech's site. I've never used any other make of wheel.

Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1172392)   #3
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Wheel

is that a good price?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1172756)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks OK, buts not the real Force......

If you want a good wheel very cheap, get the ordinary Wingman FF for £31.73.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 08:40 (Ref:1173160)   #5
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Looks OK, buts not the real Force......

If you want a good wheel very cheap, get the ordinary Wingman FF for £31.73.
which is the real force then? Must admit I have not looked at many wheels etc yet... Cheers

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 08:41 (Ref:1173161)   #6
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys, I'll have a poke around eBay before seeing how much I can afford.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:04 (Ref:1173342)   #7
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I can recommend Thrustmasters 360 Modena Pro. Their Force Feedback Wheels are more trouble than they are worth. However, the 360 is very capable and can be used either on a gameport or USB
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1173357)   #8
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hobson this is where you need to look

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/h174-pc-s...troduction.htm

Hope it helps
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:59 (Ref:1173391)   #9
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcrew
Hobson this is where you need to look

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/h174-pc-s...troduction.htm

Hope it helps
Thanks, reading now.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 13:16 (Ref:1173407)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar21
which is the real force then? Must admit I have not looked at many wheels etc yet... Cheers

Real MOMO
Old 7 Dec 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1173435)   #11
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can recommend the Thrustmaster ferrari FF GT, and the only 'available' logitech wheel, the MOMO Racing. The thrustmaster had stronger FF and stiffer pedals but the Logitech is the nicer.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1173437)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are you sure the MOMO Racing is the only Logi wheel available right now?
Old 7 Dec 2004, 14:00 (Ref:1173448)   #13
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are 4 wheels available from Logitech, which are:

These are for PC/Mac use, there are several others for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.

I like the Momo Racing, probably even more so than the MOMO Force because it has a stick shift, which i always prefer above the paddles behind a wheel...
Hell, i would even be willing to switch my MOMO Force with a MOMO Racing!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 7 Dec 2004 at 14:07.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 18:54 (Ref:1173690)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hell, send me your MOMO Force and I'll buy you a Racing.......

The point about the Force is the metal (as opposed to plastic) components that are used. Durability and reliability. AFAIC, Logitech were mad to use it only as a limited edition.

(You could sell your Force on Ebay and make enough to buy at least two Racings..... )

Last edited by Aysedasi; 7 Dec 2004 at 18:55.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 11:06 (Ref:1174216)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm, interesting...
How much are they asking for it these days?

Last edited by ASCII Man; 8 Dec 2004 at 11:07.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1174346)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
£200+ if you can find one.
Old 8 Dec 2004, 15:23 (Ref:1174398)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

Ow, nice... i payed €200 for it
Old 14 Dec 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1178963)   #18
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Got myself a Logitech Wheel yesterday from Argos.

Had a heart attack when I opened the box and it had PS2 stickers all over. But downloaded the drivers and it all works like a charm.

So now I have a Logitech Driving Force wheel... heres hoping I can improve my times before tuesday!!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1211337)   #19
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
£200+ if you can find one.

is this the same thing or am I confused?

Momo Racing
Old 27 Jan 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1211436)   #20
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Neah that is the plastic version. The one Aysedasi is talking about isnt sold new anymore (as far as i know) and you have to look at getting it second hand for £200 still!!!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1211520)   #21
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, thx for that.

so, in your opinion guys, if i want a replacement for my now defunct thrustmaster, what's the best wheel that still comes with a gear shift?
Old 28 Jan 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1211809)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's still a good wheel and at that price, I'd go for it. The chances of sourcing a good MOMO Force now at a reasonable price are fairly slim.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1212231)   #23
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Logitech Formula Force looks to be a good bet. Its cheap and the reviews of it are excellent on many websites I've visited. I've ordered one because of the reviews!

I have a Destiny steering wheel at the minute and its appalling! Too heavy and not secure enough and the paddle for changing gear is awful to use too. You have to push it towards you and the push it away from you to change gear (like JV drives) and I hate it.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1212305)   #24
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
I have the "Driving Force" from logitech... this is actually for PS2 but works just great on PC as well I think its the same as the Formula Force actually

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1212723)   #25
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got a Thrustmaster F1 Force Feedback and I think it's pretty good. I paid £130 for it new just over a year ago. It's pretty robust and has a real nice solid feel to it. I can't really say much about the pedals though since I use the analogue hand controls on the wheel (I'd buy one again for those alone).