Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 May 2000, 23:19 (Ref:1042)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
C'mon, guys, cut the insinuations that Ralfie's hitting the schnapps.

It says, "Veltins" right on the side of the car. As a media savvy modern F1 driver, if Ralfie's drinking anything, he's at least displaying sponsor loyalty.
Old 17 May 2000, 23:37 (Ref:1043)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder what TGF thinks of that statement by his bro? Perhaps he will tell him the German version of "Children should be seen and not heard - and if possible they should not be seen--at least in their Big Brother's side mirrors"?
Old 18 May 2000, 00:58 (Ref:1037)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Read on AutoSport website tonight:

"Ralf attacks Barrichello

Ferrari number two should help Michael, claims Schuey Jr

Ralf Schumacher has spoken out against Ferrari driver Rubens Barrichello for not helping elder sibling Michael to win the championship.

"Rubens should stop trying to beat my brother and putting pressure on himself," said the Williams driver.

Schumacher junior said Barrichello should "concentrate instead on helping Michael win the championship".

Barrichello refuted these claims, saying "He's just upset because I beat him to third place."

The Brazilian overtook both Schumachers as they were battling for third place in the Spanish Grand Prix. Barrichello is Ralf Schumacher's chief rival for fourth in the drivers' points at present, with the Brazilian one point ahead."

Is Ralf helping or hurting TGF with his comments? What do you think?
Old 18 May 2000, 01:20 (Ref:1038)   #4
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is just a Schumacher family trait.

He's trying to out-psyche a potential rival.

Of course Rubens should drive for himself. What if another 'Silverstone '99' happened? RB would be 'The Man'. He needs to establish himself as as equal to MS as possible, in order to achieve team support. He's already seen as a team player - to wit Ross Brawns statement last week about Irvine. Perhaps Michael is unsettled by this. This is his fourth year (At $20m per year) and still no WDC. Michael must see a replacement in training.

Perhaps Michael persauded Ralf (How, after Spain, I don't know!) to knock Rubens down a few pegs.

What else has Ralf to gain?
Old 18 May 2000, 01:57 (Ref:1039)   #5
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the two brothers are both certifiably insane. Though Ralf has kept his nose clean for most of his career. Now both of them are making random unintelligible remarks.

Liz did you see that Jacques is doing a biopic on his dad. What do you think of this. It seems strange doen't it. Sorry for taking you off topic. I just haven't heard anyone mention it.

[This message has been edited by Dannyboy (edited 18 May 2000).]
Old 18 May 2000, 03:00 (Ref:1040)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Danny, haven't seen anything about it. Where'd you see that? I want to know more!

But back on topic, I think Ralf should lay off the schnapps. When he sobers up he will wonder who was using his mouth when those words came out.
Old 18 May 2000, 09:34 (Ref:1041)   #7
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blut, as they say, is thicker than wasser. He's young, he's Michael's brother and, as Liz suggests, he's hitting the schnapps.
Old 18 May 2000, 13:24 (Ref:1044)   #8
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Note that Ralf said "helping my brother..." I took that as a jab at Michael(since that's who he's ticked at) as though he couldn't win it on his own driving. Why should he (Ralf) be mad at Rubens? He (Rubens) didn't 'move' him out of the way.
Old 18 May 2000, 14:04 (Ref:1045)   #9
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a curious dynamic going on here. Apparently Michael was upset at Ralf for blocking him at Beckett's during the start of the British GP this year after Ralf blew by him on the start. Then Michael, in what looked like a chance to assist his teammate through and past the Williams, does not understand why Ralf should be angry at him for "moving him over" at Catalunya. I realize that there is a massive amount of competition going on between these two and Ralf will always be compared to his more successful brother. Will there be more feuding on the track? Ralf seems capable of qualifying near the front of the grid in a consistent manner and this could result in the two of them racing each other more often.
Old 18 May 2000, 16:49 (Ref:1046)   #10
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this was aimed as big bro more than to Rubinho. Ralf has to make a name for himself, and as TGF showed the world, you don't need to be the fastest in the track to be considered the best, you only need to be a good media subject.
Old 18 May 2000, 17:55 (Ref:1047)   #11
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf is just wanting to get attention. He also, as some people said, wants to outpsyhce Rubinho. I think that Ralf is starting to follow his brothers footsteps in becoming a bit arrogant! I'm not being harsh or anything but I just think that, that is what is happening!

Ally.
Old 19 May 2000, 22:37 (Ref:1048)   #12
DNF
Rookie

DNF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a well known fact the all both Ralf + his big bro have been mad before they even enter the prestigious world of F1.
Old 20 May 2000, 14:22 (Ref:1049)   #13
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hype = ego = problem = schumacher!!!!!!