Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 May 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3638794)   #126
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog View Post
What, did somebody cut the wire?
Love this..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 5 May 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3638857)   #127
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Finally got around to watching the PC/GTD race. Thoughts:

Surprised that there were fewer cautions in this race than the other one. Maybe the driving standards aren't as bad as a lot of people here like to claim.

The race was a snoozer overall. Not enough battles, to big of gaps between positions. Obviously not anyones fault, just an unfortunate observation.

Speaking of battles though, I am not one to normally complain about the television director's choices, but in this case I thought they were as bad as I have ever seen. Way, way too many instances of watching cars back in the field that were not even involved in anything interesting. Meanwhile there were passes that occurred higher up in the order and they mentioned them but never showed them. Perfect example is when we were watching the 11th place GTD Lambo plod around not doing anything interesting. All of a sudden in the shot comes Van Derzand (apologies for name butchering) attempting to pass for the lead against Kimber Smith in PC, just blind luck I guess that it happened in the lame shot that they happened to be in. PC cars go by, still in a battle, and we're stuck still watching these back marker GTD cars. WTF???
Old 5 May 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3638873)   #128
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think the FCY for the tires on the track was too haste. It was pushed out of the way by a car with no problem as it turned out. That could have prevented the next one which was the #5 and #10 getting together potentially. It did screw up with the flow the Mazdas had going that's for sure.

GTLM was quite clean. All of the rough stuff and attrition was with the prototype class. Fresh to see Ford and Ferrari up front this time rather than Corvette/Porsche. I hope BMW is more competitive once the series gets back up and running at the Glen. (Detroit does not count for me with no GTLM). Quick side note the #68 car briefly led overall during the pit sequence under the Corvette DP induced FCY.

Big thumbs up to the P/GTLM only format.