Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Aug 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2737581)   #126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are we not arguing shades of grey here?

To my mind, there will always be an overall winner - and probably because that's generally a prototype, the concept sits easily with me - but that doesn't mean I denigrate the class winners or their decision to race in a slower class....
Old 2 Aug 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2737879)   #127
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I also find it impossible to believe that Johnny O, Oliver Gavin, Pat Long, Jamie Melo etc... think they are recieving nothing more than just a boobie prize!!!
L.P.
No, but Allan McNish, Romaine Dumas, Lucas Luhr, Marco Werner, David Brabham, and the others with class wins that weren't overall wins in 2007 and 2008 did. Which you well know, so obfiscate all you want, but at the front of the grid it's the overall win that counts.

Besides, everyone you mention would rather be in a class that can win overall.

Claiming otherwise is not only a ridiculous point of view, but one that includes no knowledge of professional race drivers - or professional athletes in any sport. It's like saying that a baseball pitcher values a AAA win equally with a Major League win. Ridiculous. (Pat Long was driving a prototype in those years, and would be perfectly happy to be back in one.)

I'll go along with your characterization. All those you mention are happy to collect their paychecks and race hard to win the class they are in. But every one of them would jump at the chance to compete at a higher level...F1, NASCAR, or prototypes (real ones) in multiclass endurance racing.

By the way Aysedasi, do you really think those drivers decide to race in "a slower class"?
Old 2 Aug 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2737917)   #128
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCRAP higher than GT2 wins? Really? I'd much rather win a GT2 tiltle, Sebring, Le Mans, and whatever other races come with it.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 03:33 (Ref:2737920)   #129
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
NASCRAP higher than GT2 wins? Really? I'd much rather win a GT2 tiltle, Sebring, Le Mans, and whatever other races come with it.
Well in America nobody "sees" GT2 wins. When Speed Report talks about it, it just shows a graphic unless its a last lap battle like what happen at Sebring in 2007.

The drivers are happy but not content. Melo and Bruni are both ex-F3 drivers who had visions I am sure of F1. A dream not realized and I'm sure both would love to prove they can peddle a Prototype around and get a shot at F1, like McNish did when the F1 establishment forgot about him too.

Now having said that, winning Le Mans, even in Class carries more weight in other countries than it does here. That's the problem with a series largely anonymous with the general public.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 05:13 (Ref:2737937)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post

By the way Aysedasi, do you really think those drivers decide to race in "a slower class"?

Yes of course they do. I'm sure they'd all love to be racing in P1 for Audi or Peugeot but they, like us, know that they're living in the real world where drives in potential overall race-winning cars aren't ten-a-penny..... You take the best you can get. That's still a decision.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2738090)   #131
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am sorry but no one in the world watches NASCRAP except i the USA, and who cars about USA exacly, Le Mans is a world recognised event, so unless the driver is from the US, and most top of the line drivers are not from the us, he would much more apretiate a gt2 win of le mans then a win on marry go round. By the way this is a sportcar and gt forum, go over to the NASCAR and StockCar part of the forum

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Aug 2010 at 17:42.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2738200)   #132
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
What part do you disagree with?

Do you think NASCAR is popular outside of North America?
Do you think that most of the top talents in Road Racing around the world are American?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Aug 2010 at 17:43.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2738216)   #133
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

Do you think NASCAR is popular outside of North America?
Do you think that most of the top talents in Road Racing around the world are American?
The first bit. This board in general proves it.

Also, the par where he's saying "No one cares about the USA anyway" is really, REALLY disrespectful. I'm sure none of you would like it if I said the same thing about your country.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Aug 2010 at 17:43.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2738228)   #134
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The first bit. This board in general proves it.

Also, the par where he's saying "No one cares about the USA anyway" is really, REALLY disrespectful. I'm sure none of you would like it if I said the same thing about your country.

what tis board proves is that there are 300k posts in the sportscar and gt forum, and there are 36k in the Stock Car part of the forum.

If it any cosilation, I like the US, and have nothing against them, I don't like Nascar but thats a matter of preferance, in my oppinion the ALMS is the best sports car champions ship in the world, and Sebring 12, and Pettit Le mans, are only suprassed by The Le Mans.

but you must also understad that this part of the forum is Elitist, and here F1 is curse word, and most other forms of motorsport are generaly look down on, I am speakin generaly, and in my opinion, there are exceptins off corse

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Aug 2010 at 17:44.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2738318)   #135
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Some of you guys are seriously trying my (and no doubt the other mods) patience with all of these meaningless and totally pointless off-topic personal jibes. Either discuss the subject matter without getting personal with each other or leave the thread alone.....
Old 3 Aug 2010, 04:17 (Ref:2738560)   #136
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes of course they do. I'm sure they'd all love to be racing in P1 for Audi or Peugeot but they, like us, know that they're living in the real world where drives in potential overall race-winning cars aren't ten-a-penny..... You take the best you can get. That's still a decision.
I'll buy that. Given the choice between GT and nothing, they'll decide to go GT racing every time.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 04:54 (Ref:2738564)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Exactly. Life is chock full of choices. I go to work in the job I do now because I'm unlikely to get work as a brain surgeon with my cv....