Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Jul 2016, 08:07 (Ref:3658775)   #151
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Heads rolling you think over there with the SpeedSource team? Granted I don't think changing staff for tire changers would get press so we might not know. Just speculation.
From what I can see, they may have numbers of staff, but not quality!

But who knows, perhaps this is how Speedsource likes to go about racing? Mazda too?
Old 14 Jul 2016, 14:10 (Ref:3658825)   #152
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Running at the lame end of the field doesn't do any team any favors and after bringing their hardware (somewhat) up to par, Mazda/Speedsource now has to do the same with their staff. If not, race wins will be too hard to come by and they'll be blown out of the water by VFR/SoD next year if Troy Flis gets his hands on one of Mazda's DPi's!
Old 14 Jul 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3658842)   #153
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I also wonder if the old Lolas just have some problems these days that aren't easy fixes. Add to that the fact that this is their last season, I could see the team using a lot of "resourceful solutions" that are a quick fix but don't improve the package overall.
Old 14 Jul 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3658846)   #154
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
just crank the boost up even more!

i really wish Mazda would use a rotary for the DPi, just because i need that sound back in my life(not to mention they're reliable as all get out in endurance cars).
Old 14 Jul 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3658850)   #155
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Take that up with both IMSA and the ACO. They don't see eye to eye on LMP2/DPI beyond the basic broad concept, but there's one thing that they do agree on it seems here: that rotary engines are banned until someone throws them enough money and other ROI to allow them in.
Old 15 Jul 2016, 05:30 (Ref:3658904)   #156
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I tend to agree that Mazda may not be too willing to do much with the chassis as it is in its last season. And while some pit stops have been abominable, it has been mechanical failures which hurts more.

SpeedSource did really well with Mazda RX-8s for a while there ... maybe the crew isn't ready for prototypes?

Also recall, this is a new engine (pretty much---not sure how much it shares with the old Dyson AER) and a chassis which this crew had never run at full speed.

I have to admit it is a little frustrating ... but how much more frustrating must it be for Tristan Nunez, who could definitely win races in a better car.
Old 15 Jul 2016, 10:31 (Ref:3658928)   #157
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Running at the lame end of the field doesn't do any team any favors and after bringing their hardware (somewhat) up to par, Mazda/Speedsource now has to do the same with their staff. If not, race wins will be too hard to come by and they'll be blown out of the water by VFR/SoD next year if Troy Flis gets his hands on one of Mazda's DPi's!

Right!!!
Old 15 Jul 2016, 14:07 (Ref:3658954)   #158
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
i really wish Mazda would use a rotary for the DPi, just because i need that sound back in my life (not to mention they're reliable as all get out in endurance cars).