Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 May 2000, 01:44 (Ref:894)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

We heard last year about BAR's 'no-points' situation, and how that this excluded them from travel money etc, but I have never heard anything about prize money.

Who gets it...
How much they get...
And how far down the leader board the money goes.... 10th? - like with the travel money deal?

I read somewhere recently that teams get prize money according to their qualifying position, finishing position and position at various points throughout the race.

Do they have money deducted for stop/go's, blue flags? What else?

I really don't know anything about F1 prize money!
It's not in the Sporting Regulations, is it?

Help!
Old 16 May 2000, 07:12 (Ref:895)   #2
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unlike Cart where prize money is well publicised, F1 keeps the mention of prize money very much a closed book.

I have no idea what the money is and whether prize money is awarded to drivers per race or teams on an overall finishing points basis.

Even the big journo's like Autosport, barely mention prize money, if reffered to at all it is always a rumpured figure.

I guess its another FIA closed book.
Old 16 May 2000, 09:48 (Ref:896)   #3
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The only figure I have heard is £600,000 for a win, this goes to the team and driver.
Old 16 May 2000, 12:40 (Ref:897)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
there was an article about 6 months ago about prize money. According to them there is no prize money. The sponsors pay the teams to show up and race. The FIA awards the teams travel pay based on their points finishing. Thus constructors champion probably pays no shipping costs, second pays a little, etc, all the way down to last place paying 100%. Last year BAR finished last and they are paying for it this year.
Old 16 May 2000, 14:47 (Ref:898)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's right ! And I don't think they deserve more money than they get from sponsors and manufacturers !
Old 16 May 2000, 15:42 (Ref:899)   #6
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I've been doing a little research between jobs. (I'm self-employed and the boss said it was OK)

There is no prize money as such, but it would appear the teams are paid dividends on the TV transmission income - basically, the reason they all belong to the Concorde Agreement.

Obviously, the more points they get, the more income they get. But it doesn't stop there. To stimulate the lesser teams, there is financial reward way into the teens (ie 17th place) - the only thing I couldn't find was how much and how far down the leaderboard it stops.

Then there are the constructor awards, and the start money, and fastest lap and a no-penalty bonus. (I believe)

Still can't find the value of these awards. Could it be millions per race for the top teams?