Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Aug 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3758985)   #181
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ericsson has got talent, but the problem, is he's seldom shown it in the past two seasons
Old 12 Aug 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3758989)   #182
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Can someone explain to me *exactly* what the relationship between Marcus Ericsson and Longbow Finance is?
other than a lot of speculation im not sure a definitive connection has ever been made publicly....well not that i have ever read anyways.

the new owners/backers do seem to rate him highly though.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3759032)   #183
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ericsson has got talent, but the problem, is he's seldom shown it in the past two seasons
Three wins in four years of GP2. Fine, flashes of speed, but I don't see the heather combusting. He's not going to graduate to a major team.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3759038)   #184
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
other than a lot of speculation im not sure a definitive connection has ever been made publicly....well not that i have ever read anyways.

the new owners/backers do seem to rate him highly though.
The personal backers of Mr Ericsson for many years are said to be the owners of the TetraPak global packaging empire.

The family office private equity behind Longbow Finance is said to have originated from the same source.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3759044)   #185
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The personal backers of Mr Ericsson for many years are said to be the owners of the TetraPak global packaging empire.

The family office private equity behind Longbow Finance is said to have originated from the same source.
It's not quite that simple. It seems that there are a number of very wealthy individuals and successful corporations behind Longbow, and one of those investors happens to be Finn Rausing, one of the 3 grandchildren that inherited Tetra Pak from their father. He, like his siblings, has long lived in the UK, and his passion appears to be the gee-gees.

Another of the Longbow backers is the billionaire owner of the H & M clothing retailer.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 23:26 (Ref:3759063)   #186
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
The question is ... is Longbow here for the long haul or they want a quick sell?
Old 13 Aug 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3759129)   #187
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
The question is ... is Longbow here for the long haul or they want a quick sell?
Team Sauber Stroll,for a lower price than Force India?
Old 13 Aug 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3759189)   #188
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Dad Stroll believes his son isn't good enough to have a F1 careur on it's own?
Old 13 Aug 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3759192)   #189
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Dad Stroll believes his son isn't good enough to have a F1 careur on it's own?
You could argue that's the way of modern motorsports. There are plenty of drivers who are good enough for an F1 career who don't have a seat right now because there are pay drivers. I don't think it's fair to single Stroll out like that - this would simply be another way of buying a drive.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3759212)   #190
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And the problem is there are only 20 seats in F1, so even more drivers are missing out on the chance they deserve. Hopefully more teams in the future can be added
Old 14 Aug 2017, 22:16 (Ref:3759426)   #191
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And the problem is there are only 20 seats in F1, so even more drivers are missing out on the chance they deserve. Hopefully more teams in the future can be added
At least in the early 90's more up and coming drivers got a chance to drive F1 even if 2/3 of the field were buckets of bolts cobbled together!