Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you vote as driver of the Hungarian Grand Prix?
Sebastian Vettel 3 6.52%
Kimi Räikkönen 6 13.04%
Lewis Hamilton 2 4.35%
Valtteri Bottas 1 2.17%
Daniel Ricciardo 2 4.35%
Max Verstappen 1 2.17%
Sergio Pérez 1 2.17%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Paul di Resta 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 1 2.17%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 29 63.04%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3756274)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!
Alonso and Sainz both had good days, Kimi as well looked on it and really should have won by some distance but played the no2 role and held station. Di Resta also did well - given that he'd never driven the car before (and how bad the Williams seemed to be this weekend).

On the flip side - how bad is Ericsson that he managed to qualify behind someone who'd not driven their car before? Verstappen committed the cardinal sin of taking out his teammate and ruining his own race - Red Bull looked more competitive this weekend - and with problems Vettel was having could really have bagged big points. Max made sure that didn't happen - I'd imagine he wasn't exactly popular when he came back in.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3756438)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Difficult one so will go against the grain and vote for Bottas for the most surprising first half of the season and he did it the right way. Respect vote!
Old 31 Jul 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3756507)   #18
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Any weekend where Hamilton doesn't win is a good weekend.

Daniel Ricciardo DOTR. Best F1 driver in the universe.
Good grief...... Where is that ignore button........?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Ace I can only understand one of your choices.

That doesn't surprise me......
Old 31 Jul 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3756519)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good grief...... Where is that ignore button........?

That doesn't surprise me......
One driver exceeded expectations by a margin, another performed under his normal high standard.

For Alonso to finish sixth was a great performance, for Lewis to finish fourth was a relatively poor one. I am surprised by your choice on that basis alone, and has absolutely nothing to do with well documented opinion of Hamilton.

I appreciate that the circuit is not a good one to make comparisons, but would genuinely ne interested n you reasoning. (Honest)
Old 31 Jul 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3756543)   #20
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Any weekend where Hamilton doesn't win is a good weekend.
It's no surprise that this forum continues to produce some very twisted opinions.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3756545)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DOGP: Vettel. Pole, race win, and a possibly wounded car besides.

SOHOGP (Sense of Humour of the GP): Alonso. For the deck chair cameo on the deck chair picture. And fastest lap wasn't bad either.

HBOGP (Honourable Behaviour of the GP): Hamilton. For moving aside for Bottas as promised, even though it threatened his fourth place. Contrasts admirably with Multi21-gate.

SCOGP (Stupid Comment of the GP): Raikkonen. I can't remember his exact words, but for the verbal assault on a driver who had never even sat in a 2017 F1 car until the start of Q1.

PEOGP (Plucky Effort of the GP): Di Resta. Obvious. I don't need to say more.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3756580)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or does Vettel sound very annoying trying to speak Italian? Maybe Grazie Forza Ferrari are the only words he knows?
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3756619)   #23
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Is it just me or does Vettel sound very annoying trying to speak Italian? Maybe Grazie Forza Ferrari are the only words he knows?
Yep, with you there. Not only is it annoying, he sounds like a real try hard!

Apparently, these CD's can be found in his motorhome during race weekends.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3756625)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=FAS33;3756243]Any weekend where Hamilton doesn't win is a good weekend.

What is so strange about that? A perfectly reasonable contention.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3756656)   #25
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
It doesn't really matter. The key thing is he is trying to speak their language, and that gets respect from the Italians involved.
It doesn't have to be perfect, just trying gets you respect.

On a similar note: ever been to France? Try to get some help at a random place outside your hotel.
Let's see what gets you the best return: ask something in perfect English, or ask something in very bad French.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3756749)   #26
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
DOGP: Vettel. Pole, race win, and a possibly wounded car besides.

SOHOGP (Sense of Humour of the GP): Alonso. For the deck chair cameo on the deck chair picture. And fastest lap wasn't bad either.

HBOGP (Honourable Behaviour of the GP): Hamilton. For moving aside for Bottas as promised, even though it threatened his fourth place. Contrasts admirably with Multi21-gate.

SCOGP (Stupid Comment of the GP): Raikkonen. I can't remember his exact words, but for the verbal assault on a driver who had never even sat in a 2017 F1 car until the start of Q1.

PEOGP (Plucky Effort of the GP): Di Resta. Obvious. I don't need to say more.
Yes, I'd go with all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Quote:
Any weekend where Hamilton doesn't win is a good weekend
What is so strange about that? A perfectly reasonable contention.
Not really. It just gets very boring.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3756777)   #27
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not really. It just gets very boring.
he's antics after a race win are just cringe worthy and very ''boring'' to say the least.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3756778)   #28
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjinvicta should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A least we didn't have to put up with drinking from a sweaty shoe this time.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:13 (Ref:3756794)   #29
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
A least we didn't have to put up with drinking from a sweaty shoe this time.
likes this comment.

straya!
Old 1 Aug 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3756806)   #30
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I respect him for trying, but I have to cringe when I hear him speak Italian. Maybe it would be a hundred times better if Kimi screamed through the radio in Italian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk