Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Mar 2012, 03:30 (Ref:3051103)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q1

Ford 1-2-3... 888 with 5 cars in the top 10...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Mar 2012, 03:40 (Ref:3051105)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 31 Mar 2012, 05:18 (Ref:3051109)   #28
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone else getting absolute rubbish online coverage? some amateur commentary team, no graphics at all and in car cameras only.....
Old 31 Mar 2012, 05:55 (Ref:3051111)   #29
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
wonder who he will blame this time
Is that corner too dangerous Jase ?
Old 31 Mar 2012, 06:06 (Ref:3051112)   #30
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FPR flogging them
Old 31 Mar 2012, 06:07 (Ref:3051113)   #31
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great effort from FPR and great for the championship.
A pretty boring race and JC , s confidence must be so low that he would be worried about driving home.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 06:45 (Ref:3051116)   #32
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
12th for Douglas was great job apart from his mistake lapping Reindler he may well have kept the top 10 spot.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3051126)   #33
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
12th for Douglas was great job apart from his mistake lapping Reindler he may well have kept the top 10 spot.
Totally agree - those blokes have been in a world of pain this year, it has been a lot for a small team to deal with but they've hung in there, not blamed everyone and everything else like Notso has and it's great to see them have a good race.

Taz is still a young bloke with a lot to learn but I bet the guys on the team are feeling MUCH better about this Saturday night at a race meeting than they have about the last couple!
Old 31 Mar 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3051132)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R3

Looks like #30 is fairly handy laptime-wise... faster than the 3rd placed FPR Falcon

Having a pair of 888 oily bit massagers in your pit garage would perhaps be the best investment this team has made this season...
Old 31 Mar 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3051141)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... how safe can it be out in the field, when the quinella have each expressed difficulties in doing their jobs from a physical perspective?

Mr Davison has identified to #7 that his sciatica issues left him with a numb bum/leg/foot during race 3, while Mr Winterbottom told the same #7 folk that his inability to use his left foot to 100% maximum means he cant feel the clutch as well as he needs to...

Plus Mr Bright saying earlier in the weekend that his rib injury is still there, and exacerbated by running at this circuit.

Plus too Mr T.Kelly still surviving the foot injury that saw all kinds of strapping and protection at Albert Park.

At what point do the medical bods say "NO MORE"?

In any of these 4 cases, the need to refocus on the pain/numbness/change in control is actually a danger to the other racers on the track.

Is there a standard of condition required for racers to go running around V8Supercars' circuits? And if not, why not... and when...?
Old 31 Mar 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3051143)   #36
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it seems Frosty has taken over the place of the dirtiest driver (filled by his former teammate previously). I think the safety car was the only car he didn't hit (and thats probably only due to the fact it didn't leave the pits)

Are you allowed to turn into a car that is faster than you? I was sure the answer to that was no, but after saturdays race, its obviously perfectly acceptable.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3051148)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 31 Mar 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3051154)   #38
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Great effort from FPR and great for the championship.
A pretty boring race and JC , s confidence must be so low that he would be worried about driving home.
Hehehe..........Tander won't likely win anything either.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3051168)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 31 Mar 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3051172)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Stewards Findings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Attached
Matter arising from DUNLOP SERIES – Round 1 Adelaide:

Following an investigation and an admission by Lucas Dumbrell Investments, that Car #300 had tested without permission at a venue (being “any road, surface or track upon which an automobile can be driven”) other than at a V8 Supercars Test Day, as revealed by a check of the ECU, and that the Car had been withdrawn from the series, the Stewards after considering all the relevant circumstances imposed a Fine of $10,000 totally suspended until 31/12/12.
Ok... so what's the difference between this and the Team Dynamik Woomeragate? Or the TDR Sandowngate?

Is it different punishments for different people? Is withdrawing a car from the development series that arguably didnt have the funds to run the full season anyway, any kind of punishment?

Odd...
Old 31 Mar 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3051173)   #41
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking (maybe a little early), now that Davison has won two races, Winterbottom has to start winning some, starting tommorow. I can see Davison becoming the lead driver at FPR, in a year where they may seriously challenge for, and win, the championship. Yeah, I know Winterbottom has a hurt foot, but it doesn't matter at the moment. He has to re-establish himself as the no1 banana there, after being the dominant driver for so long when FPR had always lacked something to match 888 and HRT. The pain in his foot won't hurt nearly as much as the pain he'd have if someone else wins FPR's first title.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3051195)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3051250)   #43
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Stewards Findings

Ok... so what's the difference between this and the Team Dynamik Woomeragate? Or the TDR Sandowngate?

Is it different punishments for different people? Is withdrawing a car from the development series that arguably didnt have the funds to run the full season anyway, any kind of punishment?

Odd...
It is probably because members of the crew having a jolly in the car on an industrial estate (allegedly what happened in this case) is seen as being different from a pro driver setting up simulation programs at Woomera or cutting laps at Sandown.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3051272)   #44
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
So it seems Frosty has taken over the place of the dirtiest driver (filled by his former teammate previously). I think the safety car was the only car he didn't hit (and thats probably only due to the fact it didn't leave the pits)

Are you allowed to turn into a car that is faster than you? I was sure the answer to that was no, but after saturdays race, its obviously perfectly acceptable.
want a tissue
Old 31 Mar 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3051429)   #45
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Obvious shenanigans?

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/04/01/...f-sunday-race/
Old 31 Mar 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3051430)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Here Too

What date is it today?

Better than an optician-corrected plexiglass windscreen of last year I suppose
Old 31 Mar 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3051462)   #47
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I don't think JC would want her as a '' coey ''as she might show him up ?
Old 31 Mar 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3051463)   #48
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a cute idea nonetheless.

Perhaps some fresh input could extract some pace out of the cars
Old 31 Mar 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3051479)   #49
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It has been said already, but I can't help myself. What's the date today folks?
Old 31 Mar 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3051481)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
gotta say tim slade, great effort, shame they didnt show you at all.

apparantly you were just 0.2 secs behing gt at the end, the closest battle on the track, not that we would know