Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Sep 2000, 17:46 (Ref:35149)   #1
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A young super, quick driver with a last name that you are all familiar with, but not associated (last name) with racing will test next Monday at Colder and is looking to do the Tasman Winter Cup. I can't give you more info, but this kid is a real race car driver and will set the F,Holden world on fire!

I will give you more info after the test next week....
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:07 (Ref:35189)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OOooooh AAaaaahhh....
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:23 (Ref:35192)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i would be very excited if it was young rick kelly......
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:28 (Ref:35195)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think it will be Rick Kelly..

Tasman Winter Cup? You can tell this is posted from someone in the northern hemisphere, the Tasman series will be run in the SUMMER down here

The mail I have is that someone by the name of Emerson Newton-John will be testing at Calder, is this who you mean??
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:43 (Ref:35202)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah i read that yesterday....he's tittie pigsmiths brother or something isnt he?
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:47 (Ref:35206)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yep, thats the one...what ever happened to her?
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:57 (Ref:35210)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
her doghead face with bulging eyes (but nice bod) got sick or something....she will be back though p*s*ing me of even more the dirty b**tch.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 23:01 (Ref:35213)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Didn't she have a crocked neck or something?
Old 5 Sep 2000, 23:04 (Ref:35215)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
yes she did, one mallon far outweighed the other.....can we talk about motorsport instead of dogheads...
Old 6 Sep 2000, 01:21 (Ref:35241)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I am totally confused on this one..have no idea what you guys are on about..but it sounds like another driver from overseas to me ..so at leats its just another guy for our aussies and Kiwi's to give a real hiding.
Old 6 Sep 2000, 15:47 (Ref:35353)   #11
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where did you guys read that about Newton-John?

Ya, that's him! He's super quick, man.

And, if you've read my posts before you know I don't rate just anybody....
Old 12 Sep 2000, 00:04 (Ref:36603)   #12
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
So, what did you guys read about his test? LOL!!!!

I TOLD YOU SO ;-)
Old 12 Sep 2000, 00:44 (Ref:36606)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
read about it in Motorsport News, havent heard about how he went in his test though.....next edition motorsport news out this thursday.
Old 14 Sep 2000, 12:46 (Ref:37105)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
it seems as though he was quite quick and pretty impressive..he will do the Tasman series and hopes to come back and do the Australian series next year and maybe even bring a few of hid friends.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 14:20 (Ref:37350)   #15
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is his background? Have only just read about the test he had last Monday. It said he did a 54.6 at Calder. Greg Murphy did a high 53 in the same car and I checked the lap record at a 53.06 by Scott Dixon ages ago.

Did anyone see the photo in AA? Is that him or someone else with the Southern Cross on top of the helmet?
Old 16 Sep 2000, 01:15 (Ref:37448)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I think that was the car he tested usually driven by tim Leahy this year and I believe that is a picture of tim driving at Oran Park perhaps.
as for his background i dont have a clue
Old 16 Sep 2000, 03:12 (Ref:37458)   #17
short shift
Rookie

short shift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
super quick hollywood kid!

i have been hearing off and on about emerson newton-john for years now, and know a couple of other drivers that have raced against him.alex gurney is one of them, and he claims that emerson is really really fast.it seems that he has recieved some flack over the years from jealous people who cant stomach the thought of olivia newton-john's nephew being a fast driver.it's not really the image she posseses i guess.i have taken a little interest in his career now, and have found out through a reputable source, that his formula holden test last monday, was a reall eye opener for everyone attending.track conditions couldnt have been worse,and the wind was blowing at 50 mph.despite this, and emerson not having driven a race car in 8 months, he was extremely fast.he also never ran on new tyres.greg murphy was totally impressed, and feels emerson is an instant championship threat.newton-john is currently trying to get the money for the tasman cup,but only has about 2 weeks to find it. i hear his aunt is really behind his career, but refuses to open up her check book, as she wants him to make it on his own.i hear she is though, willing to make appearances for his sponsors and help out in any other non financial way.with talent, good looks and a last name like that,this kid should be a star of the future.
Old 16 Sep 2000, 11:06 (Ref:37500)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Freezing cold and 50 mph wind at Calder? Is that unusual? Could any other weather conditions be obtainable there?