Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3261695)   #1
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cycling Marshals - Silverstone 24 Hours

Hallo!

Some of you may have heard about 8 marshals that are taking part in the Silverstone 24 Hour Cycle Race this September. We are entering 2 teams to raise money on behalf of Mission Motorsport, and are looking to raise £4000.

Training has started and there is less than 100 days until the green light.

There are a number of ways you can support the team.

Follow the team on twitter - @cyclingmarshals
Donate over the interweb - https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/silverstonemarshals
Buy a marshals cycle team sticker from sign on at the British GP!

Thanks for your time and support!

Robin
Old 13 Jun 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3261939)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I first cycled to Silverstone from North London in 1955, and over the years made the same ride probably a hundred times or more. From my first effort on a bike made of bits and pieces to fully fledged 'Lightweight Racer' I learnt a lot, and the best thing I ever did was to buy a pair of proper cycling shorts.
I would strongly recommend that anyone intending to ride any distance to do the same, the area between saddle and anatomy is very important.

Good luck to all those taking part.

bauble.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3262586)   #3
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I first cycled to Silverstone from North London in 1955, and over the years made the same ride probably a hundred times or more. From my first effort on a bike made of bits and pieces to fully fledged 'Lightweight Racer' I learnt a lot, and the best thing I ever did was to buy a pair of proper cycling shorts.
I would strongly recommend that anyone intending to ride any distance to do the same, the area between saddle and anatomy is very important.
John Bishop has an excellent tip for those who choose to ride bikes over long distances and wish to avoid discomfort. You should watch his DVD