Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:27 (Ref:1020167)   #1
anna_blakemore
Racer

anna_blakemore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FTP uploading

Does anyone here ever do any FTP uploading to any sites? I have been asked to cover some events this year and they want the pictures uploaded to there site using the FTP, anyone know how hard it is and is it faster than sending images via email?
Thanks in advance
Anna
Old 29 Jun 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1020274)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very easy. All you need is an FTP client of which there are plenty free to be had on places like www.download.com, the name or IP address of the server to upload to, a username and password, and some space on the server assigned to you. You connect, and then get a window like a normal Explorer window where you can make directories, upload and download files between the server and your machine, rename files etc etc.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1020279)   #3
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try www.internet-soft.com and download FTP Commander.

I use that to upload everything to my site. Very simple to use. Just click on the file you want to upload to the web and Click on the -> button and it uploads it.

Alex
Old 1 Jul 2004, 22:30 (Ref:1023066)   #4
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Use SmartFTP. I use it, very easy to use and 100% FREE (which we all love )

Go to www.smartftp.com and download from there.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 00:46 (Ref:1023157)   #5
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quicker? Yes - often. It tends to be just a little bit less tolerant of poor connections (REPEAT - tends) but on any kind of decent line is quite a bit quicker.

Th main reason for this is that email is designed (in as far as it was designed for anything ) for sending plain text messages from A to Z via anywhere in between. It will send attachments but, like a dog dancing on its hind legs, it is not that it does it well you applaud but that it does it at all.

FTP is designed for sending files from A to somewhere directly. (OK there are steps along the way, but trust me, the analogy is reasonable).

Regards

Jim