Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:41 (Ref:2025294)   #1
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MGCC Snetterton

To J Watson,have heard rumour about 4 hr relay race during the up and coming weekend (6/7)@ snetterton true? and what other deloghts are you thinking of ?

peter
Old 29 Sep 2007, 18:02 (Ref:2025889)   #2
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4hr race at Snetterton, sponsored by British Motor Heritage , Sunday 7th October starting at 1pm ..Fact
Old 29 Sep 2007, 21:31 (Ref:2026036)   #3
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing as there is a rumour going around about a 4 hour race, the MGCC had better put one on at the week end of October 6/7th.!!!!!

It is Race 11 on the programme scheduled to start at 1.00pm. and is being sponsored by British Motor Heritage. (This means of course that we will finish the day at 5.00pm)
There will be teams comprising of a maximum of 6 entries, (1 entry = 1 car & 1 driver), with a minimum of 3 entries & 2 cars, in a 4 hour race on the Sunday.
Entries at the moment are very good, comprising teams of all Marques of MG's, BMW's, Caterhams, Jaguars, Crossle 9S's, etc. and mixed teams which include Porsche's,Alfa's, Lancia's, Sunbeam Alpine's, Fords, and a Pedrazza. It promises to be a very interesting spectacle.

There will also be the usual MG Car Club Championships and a double header for 50's & 60's Sports Cars, (running to the Equipe GTS series regulations).

All passes, timetables, and sign-on instructions have now been sent out. If you haven't received yours, or if you haven't volunteered for this meeting, there is still time to join us for a very entertaining and enjoyable weekend. Just get in touch with me, you will be most welcome as we do need your help to bring our final meeting of the year a to a successful conclusion.

Last edited by John Watson; 29 Sep 2007 at 21:34.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 21:57 (Ref:2027347)   #4
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got my tickets so cu there for some proper racing and megga fun
Old 4 Oct 2007, 17:07 (Ref:2031085)   #5
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone camping?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 06:46 (Ref:2031638)   #6
paul leedham
Racer

England
Grimsby
paul leedham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there about 8.00 tonight, caravan already on site, still there from last week 750 meeting, beer in chiller.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 07:27 (Ref:2031659)   #7
mandyh000
Racer

England
Rugby
mandyh000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be there sometime this evening depending on how my packing goes today as I am away on a course for 3 weeks after this meeting.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2035202)   #8
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to all competitors, John W & Clive together with all the MGCC officials and especially all those on the bank both days whose combined efforts produced an entertaining weekends racing.

Big thanks to all on our crew for assisting by moving round (much to Rodders relief i'm sure) to help on other corners over the weekend, especially Jerry with observing on Sear and Riches, also to Kevin and Paul. Great to see Mr. Terry Jolly back with the gang.

Even managed to press-gang Snetmarshal (Andy) away from the spanners and the spectator fence to assist with the flagging on Bombhole In during the 4hrs on Sunday!!! I certainly believe that between Mandy and Andy I must have had the best blue flagging team the driver's have ever seen! Absolutely spot-on every time!

Think we've nearly convinced Andy that he is a fully paid up member of our crew now, as he's aways there at the debrief's at the end of the day keeping us entertained!!

Mandy - thanks for all your help at Snet this year - it has been really appreciated and look forward to seeing you back with us soon next year.

Terry
Old 8 Oct 2007, 22:25 (Ref:2035364)   #9
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes i might have started this thread,wanted to be at snetterton,saturaday was out any way because working into saturday,hoping to get there sunday but, caught somekind of "bug",agian,that wiped me out completly,it seemed saturday morning next thing it was sunday night.

NO alchol caused this.
hopefully went off quiectly............
Old 9 Oct 2007, 16:34 (Ref:2036031)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I raced in the 4-hours, pale blue Midget 10B. Thanks to all for your hard work, we enjoyed ourselves and I think you were kept busy even though there were only 21 of us out at any one time. Cheers again, it's appreciated.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2036162)   #11
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Two things, first thanks for your thanks but I really didn't do an awful lot although I had a great weekend, met up with some good mates and watched some good racing, even if sitting in the Safety Car for FOUR hours with only one very short shout (not even a lap!) and by jingo it does make yer bum ache!

Secondly and much more importantly, the marshals will have noted that John's wife Dot wasn't there, as she is a bit poorly at the mo (without going into the details), so we wish her a speedy recovery as John makes rotten tea!

John, please pass on our best wishes to Dot
Old 16 Oct 2007, 20:36 (Ref:2042169)   #12
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell

Even managed to press-gang Snetmarshal (Andy) away from the spanners and the spectator fence to assist with the flagging on Bombhole In during the 4hrs on Sunday!!!

Think we've nearly convinced Andy that he is a fully paid up member of our crew now, as he's aways there at the debrief's at the end of the day keeping us entertained!!

Terry
Have to admit it was fun to do some flagging again and definately enjoyed it! (well until the pain set in!! ) good to prove to myself I wasn't completely rusty !

Paid up member??? no one told me money involved!, but do you pay me or I pay you??? I await details of the transfer fee, via my agent (Rachel )

But thanks for persudaing me to the correct side of the track, did enjoy it and made me more determined to be sorted for next year