Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Jun 2017, 16:05 (Ref:3745813)   #201
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Odd comment. Why would he not be grateful?
I'm not saying he wouldn't, I'm sure he will. It would be sad if he didn't. But the main thing is he's out of the coma, thanks to the great staff
Old 25 Jun 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3746612)   #202
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tony Gilham is hitting the gym and getting his licence upgraded, could he be stepping into one of the cars vacated?
Old 25 Jun 2017, 14:06 (Ref:3746645)   #203
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Smith back in hospital

maybe better to find a replacement driver
Old 26 Jun 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3747082)   #204
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Sad to hear about Jeff, on the positive he is at least a lot closer to family and friends than he was at James Cook Hospital.

Chin up lad!
Old 26 Jun 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3747094)   #205
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Why is he back in hospital?
Old 26 Jun 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3747095)   #206
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nerve pain apparently, may need another operation according to TCT.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3747119)   #207
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Tony Gilham is hitting the gym and getting his licence upgraded, could he be stepping into one of the cars vacated?
Or could young Jake Hill or Mike Epps be being lined up for what was Luke and Jeff's rides and Tony is looking to pilot the VW if that happens?

We don't yet know if Dennis Strandberg was a one off outing at Croft... so potentially three seats in need of a driver at Snetterton.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 07:20 (Ref:3747202)   #208
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
We don't yet know if Dennis Strandberg was a one off outing at Croft... so potentially three seats in need of a driver at Snetterton.
Maximum have already said it was a one-off, and they are looking for a replacement for the rest of the year
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3747428)   #209
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Or could young Jake Hill or Mike Epps be being lined up for what was Luke and Jeff's rides and Tony is looking to pilot the VW if that happens?

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Jake Hill was extremely close to signing with Motorbase for this year so that could have legs.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3747437)   #210
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Jake Hill was extremely close to signing with Motorbase for this year so that could have legs.
That would be nice, but depends on whether Motorbase can repair / replace that Focus? Similar situation with Eurotech?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3747471)   #211
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Jake @ Maximum maybe? A smaller team, so maybe less demanding budget wise than the big boys?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3747534)   #212
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You are right, Jake was very close to doing a deal with them, couldn't quite get the sponsors on board in time for their deadline. Definitely one to watch, especially as Davenport looks like he'll take the longest to recover.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3747548)   #213
pagey318
Rookie

pagey318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
That would be nice, but depends on whether Motorbase can repair / replace that Focus? Similar situation with Eurotech?
Pretty sure Eurotech have another shell already prepped from when they had a 3 car team last year
Old 28 Jun 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3747558)   #214
S griffin
Veteran

This is gonna be an interesting to see who goes where. Hopefully it continues the quality of the grid we've got ATM
Old 28 Jun 2017, 10:59 (Ref:3747572)   #215
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
This is gonna be an interesting to see who goes where. Hopefully it continues the quality of the grid we've got ATM
Indeed, although I guess the primary motivating factor for getting someone else in any of the available seats will be money. Especially for Motorbase and Triple Eight (although I suspect ATS will probably make it back out before the end of the season), as these teams will have to build a new car. I'm guessing that Eurotech pretty much have a new car ready to go (the car used by Dan Lloyd last year???), so won't be as much of an undertaking to get another car back out there. The other two teams I mentioned are going to have to build a car in six weeks to have something ready for Snett, maybe the sensible decision would be to leave it till next season? Again not sure on the rules regarding this, but surely it counts as force majeure?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3747574)   #216
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed, although I guess the primary motivating factor for getting someone else in any of the available seats will be money. Especially for Motorbase and Triple Eight (although I suspect ATS will probably make it back out before the end of the season), as these teams will have to build a new car. I'm guessing that Eurotech pretty much have a new car ready to go (the car used by Dan Lloyd last year???), so won't be as much of an undertaking to get another car back out there. The other two teams I mentioned are going to have to build a car in six weeks to have something ready for Snett, maybe the sensible decision would be to leave it till next season? Again not sure on the rules regarding this, but surely it counts as force majeure?
Don't forget one of Motorbases TBL's is on loan from Welch Motorsport, so that may get called back by them for 2018!
Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3747596)   #217
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is the time between Croft and Snetterton tight for building a new car? I understand the budget issues, but motorbase would have known (and presumably started if resourced) straight away.
888 know, but we think funds might be restrictive.
Given that 888 may definitely need a replacement chassis, whereas BMR is only a maybe (until they identify the problem is not sat in the seat), could we see ATS's chassis take priority over JP's for funding?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3747613)   #218
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Don't forget one of Motorbases TBL's is on loan from Welch Motorsport, so that may get called back by them for 2018!

Could Welch take that Motorbase seat?
Old 29 Jun 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3747795)   #219
Rob877
Racer

Brett Smith (son of Jeff) in at Eurotech for the rest of the season.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3747796)   #220
S griffin
Veteran

That's a good decision, he certainly has done well in the Mini Challenge, so hopefully he make an impact in the BTCC
Old 29 Jun 2017, 13:50 (Ref:3747798)   #221
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Brett Smith (son of Jeff) in at Eurotech for the rest of the season.
The last son of a team boss at Eurotech to drive one of their cars in the BTCC did ok for himself.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3747800)   #222
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The last son of a team boss at Eurotech to drive one of their cars in the BTCC did ok for himself.
and let's not forget Matt Neal who still drives for his father's team
Old 29 Jun 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3747809)   #223
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and let's not forget Matt Neal who still drives for his father's team
Not sure Neal Sr. ever owned Eurotech, or that Neal Jr. ever drove for them?
Old 29 Jun 2017, 14:54 (Ref:3747810)   #224
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jake @ Maximum maybe? A smaller team, so maybe less demanding budget wise than the big boys?
I don't think Jake will be moving anywhere as TAG wanted him as their driver, so believe they make his budget more 'affordable'! Seem's TAG came in with Team HARD I don't think they'll be moving on this year either, so I'd think it's unlikely.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3747987)   #225
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure Neal Sr. ever owned Eurotech, or that Neal Jr. ever drove for them?
It's not about Eurotech, it's about Team Dynamics Dynamics is Steve Neal's team

I'm curious to see Brett Smith in BTCC. It's interesting to see how he manages.