Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Sep 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3672779)   #7276
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
That could obviously go in any direction... Anyway, plenty of space at CotA to utilize the slow zones although they weren't used in last year's race either.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 06:49 (Ref:3672962)   #7277
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
They were just fine in FP1. And we know that with the way that the rules are in regards to range and how quick Fretias post LM has been to grab for full course yellows, a badly time FCY can screw over Audi just like it did at Nurburgring and Mexico City.
No. They have lost their advantage. This is all about development cycles. The 919 has/ or is rapidly reaching the end of its cycle. There is not much more than can extract from the current car. Audi and Toyota have a good year of development ahead of them. Audi (as predicted) has not only caught up, but surpassed them. It is only a question of time before Toyota does the same. I have no illusions.
Only in 2018 will they all be on the same development cycle. Up until then I think ( for Porsche) it will be all about managing the damage.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Old 17 Sep 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3673174)   #7278
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think it's more likely that Audi is benefiting from the post-LM adjustment and they developed their car more towards high downforce. But they'll probably still go shorter on a stint than Porsche and Toyota. I think these longer courses will show that more.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 02:34 (Ref:3673447)   #7279
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, well, well, the going longer on fuel/FCY demon has probably sealed this for Porsche again.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 09:38 (Ref:3675482)   #7280
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice surprise for anyone out and about in London early this morning !!

https://www.autosport.com/gallery/index.php/id/3541
Old 27 Sep 2016, 12:03 (Ref:3675494)   #7281
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I read about this this morning whilst on a train to London that arrived at Charing Cross at 7.01am - how annoying!!
Old 13 Oct 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3679741)   #7282
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark Webber will be retiring at the end of the 2016 season. He will continue to be a Porsche representative.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 12:35 (Ref:3679742)   #7283
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
That's a bit surprising, isn't it?

His sports car career will remain a bit incomplete by not having won Le Mans.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 12:49 (Ref:3679744)   #7284
Piritos
Rookie

Hungary
Piritos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
That's a bit surprising, isn't it?

His sports car career will remain a bit incomplete by not having won Le Mans.
Any news on who will replace him? I hope it'll be Tandy.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 12:49 (Ref:3679745)   #7285
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I'm very sorry to see him go.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 13:09 (Ref:3679750)   #7286
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's very unexpected. No indication as to why, in this article. http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126638. He just says: "I want to leave on a high and I'm very much looking forward to my new tasks". Very enigmatic.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 13:11 (Ref:3679751)   #7287
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piritos View Post
Any news on who will replace him? I hope it'll be Tandy.
No news. Porsche has not announced his replacement yet.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3679757)   #7288
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Well, the cynic in me thinks that maybe Porsche decided it would make more sense to have another very quick driver in that car and sacrifice the marketing power that Webber comes with.

Let's be honest, he's always been the weakest link of that Porsche squad, albeit on a high-level. If they keep him around as ambassador they can still use his popularity but won't have to "waste" a seat for him.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 14:01 (Ref:3679760)   #7289
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Montoya.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3679762)   #7290
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Well, the cynic in me thinks that maybe Porsche decided it would make more sense to have another very quick driver in that car and sacrifice the marketing power that Webber comes with.

Let's be honest, he's always been the weakest link of that Porsche squad, albeit on a high-level. If they keep him around as ambassador they can still use his popularity but won't have to "waste" a seat for him.
I don't think it was a Porsche decision. I think Mark has had this in mind for quite some time.
I personally think Porsche would have been happy to keep him on as a driver for another year or two.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3679763)   #7291
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Montoya.
I suspect not.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3679764)   #7292
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
So....2017 looks grimmer and grimmer for Porsche with each passing day.
A 4 year old car , no dedicated Technical Director, and the loss of one of their strong/popular drivers does not bode well.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3679767)   #7293
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Montoya may be a free agent come next year. It'd be awesome but I suspect it won't be him.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3679768)   #7294
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Let's be honest, I think that driver squad worked particularly well.
7 victories in the 22 races they entered so far -- and that's 7 from the last 11.

I can see zero reason why Porsche would want to move him out. I think it was his decision.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3679769)   #7295
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
It would be nice to see Montoya or Button, but I hope they give it to one of their factory drivers.
Tandy, Bamber, Mako, ...
Old 13 Oct 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3679789)   #7296
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
It would be nice to see Montoya or Button, but I hope they give it to one of their factory drivers.
Tandy, Bamber, Mako, ...
My immediate thought was Bamber So long, Webber. You'll join Alex Wurz I presume and still have a part in the development of the car and team.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 16:58 (Ref:3679792)   #7297
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Tandy, Bamber, Mako, ...
It won't be Button as he's doing SGT next year, so he will still be contracted to Honda.

Mako's stock seems to have fallen over the last couple of years, I would have had him as a definite when he joined Porsche. I think it will be Bamber over Tandy if a factory driver is promoted to the seat.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3679793)   #7298
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Tandy, Bamber, Mako, ...
Christensen...
Old 13 Oct 2016, 18:52 (Ref:3679815)   #7299
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Mark Webber will be retiring at the end of the 2016 season. He will continue to be a Porsche representative.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Oct 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3679819)   #7300
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
That statement sounds very much like McNish and Kristensen a few years ago when they announced their respective retirements. Major respect for all these guys for stopping when they feel the time seems right, rather than being pushed out. And the fact that Webber is staying with Porsche as a brand ambassador says to me that it was his decision in the end, and his alone.

99% sure that he'll still be at Le Mans next year in a Porsche shirt, even if he won't be doing any driving.