Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 9 Nov 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3329465)   #1
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ken Emmett. ex Lola Mechanic, Lotus 7 racer.

Ken Emmett, Holywell near St Ives, Huntingdonshire.

Some from the ex- THE FORCE Series, Historic Formula Fords, Herts & Essex CC Sprints in his FF and many associates from Lola will have known a thoroughly nice man. What some of would also have known was that as a young man he raced a Lotus 7 against Graham Hill, Roy Salvadori and even shared events with 'a young man who was quite quick' called Jim Clark in times gone by. Always keen to help, always enthusiastic for others he shared his love of motor racing and his wealth of knowledge. As a young man he became a mechanic for the Lola Team and its famous drivers at Le Mans and many, many races around the world.
Always patient, always considerate always with humour and a love of life he moved on to work with high-tec materials for Ferrari, McLaren and others gaining respect with all he met.
Caring to his wife Rosemary, Daughter Diane and Son Graham he managed to spread that care further to others, some to become friends, I consider myself lucky I was one of them.
Four weeks ago on holiday in France he felt unwell enough to be admitted to Hospital where it was found he had cancer of the blood and although his treatment was first rate his health declined. Ken died this Friday 8th November.
I am so sad because I know he had so much more love to give for his friends and family.
Dick Dixon.
Old 29 Nov 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3338073)   #2
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are the details for Ken’s funeral to be on the 4th of December at 13:30
The cremation is to be held at:

Cambridge City crematorium (west Chapel) Huntingdon Road Cambridge CB3 0JJ, 5 miles from Cambridge off the A14. (See link for directions). https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/crematorium

Flowers or donations for (Leukaemia and Lymphoma research) to be sent c/o: Dennis Easton Funeral services, The Lodge 1 Broad Leas, St Ives, Cambridgeshire PE27 5PU.

Following the service there will be a buffet, teas and coffee at the Ferry Boat Inn Holywell for those that would like to do so.

Please let me or the family know if you wish to attend the buffet so they can estimate the number to cater for by December 2nd.

Dick Dixon.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3339178)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you Dick.

Sincere condolences to all Ken's family and friends

RIP Ken