Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 May 2016, 06:47 (Ref:3645385)   #476
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well luckily for me what is on the telly whilst i am watching the event is not important, plan to be there next year if you can
Old 30 May 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3645893)   #477
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://tv.eurosport.de/tvpress.shtml...C1%2C1&ctlan=1
Formal source, since it's from actual ES page, shows identical timings for the above, with the exception of:

1) There is now 15min break in the coverage of the 24 hours (at 11-11.15PM)
2) It doesn't say whether or not the two 30-minute "24 Minutes" slots during the race will feature coverage of the race itself on the another ES channel... every other year this has been more or less the case so I hope for it now too, but it's unclear in this
3) Ferrari Challenge race has been replaced by the highlights of Le Mans 2015
4) Road to Le Mans (or "GT3" at it makes it seem) is scheduled for 11.00-12.15 timeslot

However as I said before, different territories have different schedulings, what is said here might not reflect internationally or at specific regions. And also ES times change. And they have lots of incorrect infos lying around anyway.
Old 31 May 2016, 14:01 (Ref:3646055)   #478
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To no-one's surprise, the ACO paystream option will use "dedicated" comms again, meaning whomever they can find
https://twitter.com/MartinHaven/stat...62581074505728
Old 31 May 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3646066)   #479
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Drat !!!

'Opened this thread looking for Fox Sports coverage and got all excited when I saw http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...mans-coverage/

Then I noticed the dates were wrong and realized I was lookin at a 2014 post. Oh boo-hoo....

Impatiently awaiting their sched,

I remain....

jimclark
Old 31 May 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3646068)   #480
Deleted
Veteran

Well on FOX front there is confirmed comms lineup at least, unlike with ES
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=446
Old 31 May 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3646078)   #481
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
As strict TV follower of LM, I feel it's important to know all the details well in advance
What are the chance of getting you out to the race one year Chiana? I completely understand it's not easy or cheap to get over there from Finland. Just wondered if you had any long-term plans to make a trip over? Would be good to meet you
Old 31 May 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3646080)   #482
Deleted
Veteran

At some point, I promise
Old 31 May 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3646138)   #483
Deleted
Veteran

Quest (in UK) will have some limited LIVE coverage
https://twitter.com/QuestTV/status/737678376153063424
Old 31 May 2016, 20:29 (Ref:3646140)   #484
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
At some point, I promise
You really must....... (You know you want to!).
Old 31 May 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3646155)   #485
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do it do it do it.
Old 31 May 2016, 21:17 (Ref:3646159)   #486
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Expired code, and I think that was an individual code anyway...
Old 1 Jun 2016, 00:00 (Ref:3646201)   #487
Deleted
Veteran

Alright.

Oh and you guys, you are like a support group
Old 1 Jun 2016, 06:21 (Ref:3646239)   #488
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
At some point, I promise
It'll drastically alter your outlook on the sport as well.
Old 1 Jun 2016, 11:17 (Ref:3646279)   #489
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Alright.

Oh and you guys, you are like a support group
When you finally make it to the race we will offer all the support you need so start planning for 2017
Old 1 Jun 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3646334)   #490
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Channel4 has acquired WEC highlights.

https://twitter.com/f1broadcasting/s...92987574210560
Old 1 Jun 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3646335)   #491
Deleted
Veteran

The standard '52 I assume.

On the Eurosport front, in the official schedule (that now goes to very early wednesday of race week) it is showing slots for something called "Le Mans 24 Hours Best Of" (60 minutes) on Monday 13th, in addition to 24 Minutes. It's either gonna be highlights of 2015, or some kind of retrospect of the history of LM I guess?
Old 1 Jun 2016, 15:19 (Ref:3646346)   #492
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

Interesting, will need it for those races i do not attend, especially those outside europe
Old 1 Jun 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3646377)   #493
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

But, presumably, excluding Le Mans?

Nevertheless, as GT6 says, it'll be useful for the remainder of the series
Old 1 Jun 2016, 18:01 (Ref:3646382)   #494
Deleted
Veteran

I don't see any reason why LM wouldn't be included in it, they're only highlights not "actual" broadcasts like on Eurosport/Motors and their internal dealings

edit: this seems to be no-news really given the series already reported it in early May
http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/missin...0%A2_4011.html

" -- a new addition to the distribution list is one of the UK’s major free-to-air channels – Channel 4 – which will show the highlights at a time to be confirmed (check local listings for more information)."
Old 2 Jun 2016, 07:08 (Ref:3646497)   #495
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Re-reading the whole article, it could be construed that this announcement is Spa 6hr specific. It doesn't state that highlights of the rest of the season are included.

In any case, four weeks have passed since Spa and I don't recall seeing any highlights - or did I miss it?

I hope I'm being unduly pessimistic.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 07:19 (Ref:3646498)   #496
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i was at spa and saw the highlights the week after on british tv, but unsure if it was on motors/itv4 or channel 4 but it was shown
Old 2 Jun 2016, 07:20 (Ref:3646499)   #497
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The UK TV Schedule is starting to appear on the Eurosport Website. I can only get the information until Wednesday night but at present it looks like this:-

Monday 13th

22.45 - 23.15 - Le Mans 24 Minutes - Eurosport 1

Tuesday 14th

22.30 - 23.00 - Le Mans 24 Minutes - Eurosport 2

Wednesday 15th

15.00 - 19.00 - Free Practice 1 - Eurosport 2
20.30 - 21.00 - Le Mans 24 Minutes - Eurosport 2
21.00 - 23.00 - Qualifying - Eurosport 2

It's going to be the weekend before we get the full schedule but it look like everything is going to be shown live.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3646564)   #498
Le Vieux
Veteran

From https://f1broadcasting.co/2016/06/01...p-highlights/:

"Channel 4 will broadcast highlights of the FIA World Endurance Championship with immediate effect, this site can confirm.

The 30-minute programme will be broadcast in an early morning slot on Saturday mornings. Lee McKenzie and John Hindhaugh will present the show, with Mark Webber also contributing. The first episode from Silverstone airs on Saturday 11th June at 06:35."

Better than nothing, although a 30 minute programme two months after the event doesn't sound overly exciting.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 13:36 (Ref:3646566)   #499
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
And a little early for some people on a saturday morning
Old 2 Jun 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3646572)   #500
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And a little early for some people on a saturday morning
That's the same slot that Channel 4 use to show highlights of the British GT Championship and British Rally Championship.