Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was the driver of the Spanish Grand Prix in your opinion?
Lewis Hamilton 12 25.00%
Valtteri Bottas 1 2.08%
Sebastian Vettel 1 2.08%
Kimi Räikkönen 9 18.75%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 6.25%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 2 4.17%
Esteban Ocon 6 12.50%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 1 2.08%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 13 27.08%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 May 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3733380)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Spanish Grand Prix 2017

Who was the driver of the Spanish Grand Prix in your opinion?
Old 14 May 2017, 13:41 (Ref:3733400)   #2
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen for giving that kid a cap.
Old 14 May 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3733402)   #3
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
That was a nice moment.

However, I'm going to give it to Hamilton - as the fightback to first was very good drive. Yes - the virtual safety car helped, but he managed to fight back and overtake at Spain. It gets his championship back on track.
Old 14 May 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3733406)   #4
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would've given it to him, but Wehrlein drove his Sauber to 7th. And Alonso passed 2 Williams within 1 lap. on the straight. Hard choice.
Old 14 May 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3733413)   #5
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi no doubt. I think I deserved to be invited to the Ferrari paddock. I was crying harder than the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3733420)   #6
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for the PR work: Kimi and the Ferrari team.. this was unthinkable in the Bernie era. On track I have to give it to Pascal Wehrlein for scoring very important points for Sauber where, say, McLaren or heck Williams did not.
Old 14 May 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3733422)   #7
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I agree about Kimi, great moment, and great for the sport.
Old 14 May 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3733433)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Raikkonen; never seen that happen during a race before.
Old 14 May 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3733438)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Perez and Econ did well. Econ was pretty much ignored by the Sky commentators. So he's my pick.
Old 14 May 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3733442)   #10
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it to Bottas for that awkward hug with Lauda to celebrate Hamilton's win!😂
Old 14 May 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3733453)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm torn between this and Alonso.
Old 14 May 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3733461)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Perez, Wehrlein, Shamilton. In that order.
Old 14 May 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3733484)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
we;; pascal gets my vote for the drive of his career so far
Old 14 May 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3733495)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi no doubt. I think I deserved to be invited to the Ferrari paddock. I was crying harder than the kid.

You mean that wasn't you?????? I was so sure it must have been........

Old 14 May 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3733498)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just gave it to Perez. I was praying for one of the top three to slip back in the final laps, so that Sergio could win me £350 for a podium finish......
Old 14 May 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3733505)   #16
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For what he did on the circuit,I voted for Ocon.For what he did for the image of the sport it would have been Kimi.
Old 14 May 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3733510)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton. Pole position. Won the race. And had to work hard for it.

Raikkonen? You must be joking! If we had a PR Dept of the race, yes, Ferrari would be the clear winner. But Kimi was only doing what the PR masters told him to do. And if it was left to him he'd probably have just grunted and told the kid to man-up.
Old 15 May 2017, 00:21 (Ref:3733535)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Hamilton. Pole position. Won the race. And had to work hard for it.

Raikkonen? You must be joking! If we had a PR Dept of the race, yes, Ferrari would be the clear winner. But Kimi was only doing what the PR masters told him to do. And if it was left to him he'd probably have just grunted and told the kid to man-up.
That's a tad hash. I hope the Ferrari Kid, isn't reading your post. He might just start blubbering, again.
Old 15 May 2017, 01:51 (Ref:3733542)   #19
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never mind the kid, what about me?

Old 15 May 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3733545)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Wehrlein should have been the walk up start for this
Except Mr Alonso kept that dungheap of a Honda engine intact long enough to actually finish a grand prix, and set the 4th fastest race lap!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 May 2017, 03:22 (Ref:3733555)   #21
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me Pascal Wehrlein

The Perez/Ocon combo did well, but really Perez only what 10 secs ahead of his rookie teammate, meanwhile Ocon beaten by his teammate so he can't have DOTR. They did well still though. Also helped by Verstappen and Kimi wrecking, Bottas retiring, plus Massa and Alonso ejected themselves from the top 10.

Alonso? The fact he flew past 2 Williams on the straight should go against him as DOTR, since the Honda is supposed to be so slow on the straights. He was a solid 7th in quali, but in the race 2 laps down, without Magnussen's issue at the end would only have had Massa, Palmer, Stroll behind him. 12th place, not DOTR material.

Vettel and Hamilton probably droves their hearts out, but it's hard to give it to them. Vettel lost the race. Hamilton won the race but really the Bottas roadblock that cost Vettel at least 5 seconds and gaining another 10 secs under his VSC pit stop probably won it for him.
Old 15 May 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3733564)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post

I assumed you were that Kid, Pete.
Old 15 May 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3733567)   #23
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You mean that wasn't you?????? I was so sure it must have been........

You beat me to it Ace.
Old 15 May 2017, 07:30 (Ref:3733568)   #24
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Wow, Raikkonen getting praised for something he didn't initiate. Because Raikkonen is known for giving so much of his time for the fans.... right??

It wasn't Raikkonen's idea to get that little kid a garage pass. It wasn't Ferrari's either. It was a Liberty Media representative who contacted Ferrari and asked them to act on a great PR opportunity. And so Ferrari acted. I'm guessing it was all part of Liberty Media's initiative to boost fan engagement, which proved to be a real success all weekend.

Well done Liberty Media. Although, I must say, this type of thing has been happening in Melbourne for years. The Australian GP organises have done a great job with what they call 'The Melbourne Walk' where everyone and anyone involved with F1 can meet the fans for photos, autographs and a chat (accept for Raikkonen who tends to ignore or run though it). Australia also has two seater F1 rides, etc. All which seems to have made an impression on Liberty Media, and they now want to introduce this type of fan interaction during every F1 weekend.
Old 15 May 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3733574)   #25
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's a tad hash. I hope the Ferrari Kid, isn't reading your post. He might just start blubbering, again.