Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2017, 04:44 (Ref:3773809)   #51
Phillip Ireland
Rookie

Phillip Ireland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't heard, but he seems to be on a tour of departure. So now we're finishing every interview with a bro handshake ? Please...
Old 8 Nov 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3779512)   #52
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larkham will replace him!
https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/11/09...ars-tv-switch/
Old 9 Nov 2017, 04:48 (Ref:3779571)   #53
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes so still not confirmed did he jump before he was pushed or ?
Old 24 Nov 2017, 10:02 (Ref:3782598)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Award winner...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Nov 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3782599)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

One last ride...
Old 24 Nov 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3782614)   #56
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel genuinely upset by all this. Mr Rust is such a good guy. (whom I've developed a friendship with where we have supported each other in our day-to-day professions and joke around a lot, mostly because of our shared first name) Will be such a huge loss to Fox/Supercars. Still haven't figured out why he's leaving, he hasn't said anything to me personally.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3782695)   #57
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
think we need to remember that Greg has only been a part of supercars, this time, for 3 years. He was not part of the h 7 coverage.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3782705)   #58
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
think we need to remember that Greg has only been a part of supercars, this time, for 3 years. He was not part of the h 7 coverage.
And this proves what?
Old 24 Nov 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3782740)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Rust’s replacement may be auditioning this weekend...
Old 25 Nov 2017, 00:08 (Ref:3782761)   #60
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Award winner...
Is that not Supercars basically just giving the award to itself?
Old 25 Nov 2017, 00:35 (Ref:3782775)   #61
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I felt like all we saw was the highlights.

Mr Larkham's unscripted and emotionally-charged Bathurst intro this year I thought, should've gotten a gong.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 00:55 (Ref:3782780)   #62
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Is that not Supercars basically just giving the award to itself?

These awards are peer voted by the media.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 06:23 (Ref:3782827)   #63
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
These awards are peer voted by the media.
It is still the "Supercars Media Awards" though, they choose the people who get to vote don't they?

Did the journalists at Supercars.com.au get a vote?
Old 25 Nov 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3782847)   #64
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It is still the "Supercars Media Awards" though, they choose the people who get to vote don't they?

Did the journalists at Supercars.com.au get a vote?

No idea but it wasn’t Supercars voting for itself, peer voted by a group of journalists but no idea how large that group was.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 06:03 (Ref:3783369)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 28 Nov 2017, 04:44 (Ref:3783670)   #66
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SO what happened - Pushed or left ?
Where is he going ?
Who is replacing him - Larko ?
Old 28 Nov 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3783714)   #67
one five five
Veteran

Sounded to me on the telecast like he quit by his own choice.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3783743)   #68
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sounded to me on the telecast like he quit by his own choice.
Which i think you will find he mentioned in the "I'm quitting" announcement. One assumes there is another project in the wings he is intending to work on
Old 29 Nov 2017, 03:52 (Ref:3783929)   #69
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I felt like all we saw was the highlights.

Mr Larkham's unscripted and emotionally-charged Bathurst intro this year I thought, should've gotten a gong.
And if you haven't seen it, buckle up and enjoy Larko at his best....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF6mYCHENeY
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 29 Nov 2017, 04:04 (Ref:3783932)   #70
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, the very clip I was referring to.
Old 31 Dec 2017, 06:27 (Ref:3789936)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 31 Dec 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3789946)   #72
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remarkable post as always GTR.

Did anyone see Rusty get a little up tight and defensive when Foges critiqued the current inside Supercars production on the speedcafe summer grill nonsense?

I had no idea that it’s was a Supercars shoe rather than a fox sports produced show - explains a lot
Old 31 Dec 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3789963)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Remarkable post as always GTR.

Did anyone see Rusty get a little up tight and defensive when Foges critiqued the current inside Supercars production on the speedcafe summer grill nonsense?

I had no idea that it’s was a Supercars shoe rather than a fox sports produced show - explains a lot
Mr Fogarty is right, the serious stuff never gets answered on IS because the intention is fluffiness not insight.

That’s not Mr Rust’s fault, nor necessarily the presenters, the gap is created elsewhere, presumably Supercar Television v’s Supercar Management.

RPM could be a metric shedload better too, and it’s a #10 production. Yet it’s not, with little likelihood of it becoming so, presuming it survives into 2018.

At least Mr Rust defends his crew..
Old 31 Dec 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3790028)   #74
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Fogarty is right, the serious stuff never gets answered on IS because the intention is fluffiness not insight.

That’s not Mr Rust’s fault, nor necessarily the presenters, the gap is created elsewhere, presumably Supercar Television v’s Supercar Management.

RPM could be a metric shedload better too, and it’s a #10 production. Yet it’s not, with little likelihood of it becoming so, presuming it survives into 2018.

At least Mr Rust defends his crew..
Greg Rust may defend his crew but in the process fails to recognise the points being made by Fogarty and stifles any discussion by playing the party line.

Can you see the parallels between this approach and that of the critique of inside Supercars tv show?
Old 31 Dec 2017, 23:41 (Ref:3790030)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Greg Rust may defend his crew but in the process fails to recognise the points being made by Fogarty and stifles any discussion by playing the party line.

Can you see the parallels between this approach and that of the critique of inside Supercars tv show?
I can see Mr Rust defending the actual people he is working with/has worked with rather than staying true to any pro-Supercar ideologies...