Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Aug 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2944460)   #1
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clipsal 500 to be the first event of the 2012 season

Speedcafe - Clipsal 500 to be the first event of 2012

Quote:
The first date on the 2012 V8 Supercars Championship calendar has been confirmed.

The Clipsal 500, held on the famous Adelaide street circuit, will be run from March 1-4, and is set to be the opening event of the new season’s calendar.

South Australian Motor Sport Board Chief Executive Mr Mark Warren said today.

“Having the date for next years event at this time is a bonus for all our V8 Supercars fans, corporate guests and sponsors,” Warren said.

“People can now confirm their travel and accommodation arrangements whether they be from regional areas, interstate or overseas.”

Warren confirmed that Adelaide would definitely be the first domestic event of the Championship and, at this stage, could well be the first round of the 2012 season proper.

“V8 Supercars has recognised that the Clipsal 500 Adelaide is the largest and most spectacular event on the calendar and launching it in Adelaide is great for the sport and its growing following throughout Australia and the world,” he said.

“We are already finalising plans for next year’s motorsport extravaganza that will be the 14th V8 Supercars event held on Adelaide’s famous street circuit.

“Our format of four days of spectacular on track racing and on circuit entertainment designed for motorsport fans, corporates, families and people who simply enjoy a great festival will again be expanded for 2012.”
Tickets for the event are expected to be available via Ticketek next month.
I really hope this turns out to be correct, allot of V8 Supercars fan's have hated that the series has started overseas the past few years and this would fix that

That and Clipsal is still one of the best events of the year as well...
Old 23 Aug 2011, 04:52 (Ref:2944521)   #2
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see the problem with the series starting overseas personally. But I do hate Yas Marina Circuit
Old 23 Aug 2011, 05:04 (Ref:2944525)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
$49 tickets with jetstar to adelaide from melbourne that weekend
Old 23 Aug 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2944569)   #4
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got 7s approval, read AFL?
Old 23 Aug 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2944576)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
actually i think you will find that because this is pre season its not really an issue for 7

Note that this is a two weeks earlier than last year
Old 24 Aug 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2944884)   #6
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping they manage to get the rest of the calendar out in a timely fashion this year.....
Old 24 Aug 2011, 02:13 (Ref:2944899)   #7
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And not change the dates again AFTER you've booked all your flights and accommodation.............
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 24 Aug 2011, 04:46 (Ref:2944923)   #8
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be hard for GT cars to attend that are racing at the 12hr the weekend prior.

Some will decide to run in one or the other, that's if GT are on the clipsal schedule.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 05:01 (Ref:2944925)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Will be hard for GT cars to attend that are racing at the 12hr the weekend prior.

Some will decide to run in one or the other, that's if GT are on the clipsal schedule.
Shouldnt bother the series owner.. they seem to have a fleet to choose from..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Aug 2011, 05:21 (Ref:2944928)   #10
HarvestMotorspt
Rookie

HarvestMotorspt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what supports will be there? or have a preferance to which supports attend?
Old 24 Aug 2011, 06:36 (Ref:2944943)   #11
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supports won't be announced until the launch, which I think I saw a tweet recently suggesting November 4th in Rundle Mall as a date.

Hopefully a decent support cast. There was a recent survey done asking about thoughts on some different suggestions such as GP2, International GT, and having one of the Clipsal legs as a Twilight Race. Would be interesting if they act on one of those suggestions. I'd certainly like to see another international category racing again at Adelaide.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 07:41 (Ref:2944959)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The issue with a twilight race is that most of the crowd has gone home by the time it is over. The Fujitsu series has run them in recent years.. and well.. nobody seems interested in it..
Old 24 Aug 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2945009)   #13
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Anybody know the numbers for the ALMS race in 2000?
Old 24 Aug 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2945021)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The Clipsal 500, held on the famous Adelaide street circuit, will be run from March 1-4, and is set to be the opening event of the new season’s calendar.
This is fantastic news, not only are we (hopefully) avoiding the borefest opener at UAE or wherever, but Clipsal won't be clashing with Sebring 12 hours either!! Also makes a longer off-season
Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2947536)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The issue with a twilight race is that most of the crowd has gone home by the time it is over. The Fujitsu series has run them in recent years.. and well.. nobody seems interested in it..
Adelaide Twilight Racing, 2011 GT Style
Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2947551)   #16
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
The Aussie GT races in the night were awesome!