Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Hungarian Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 6 10.91%
8 19 34.55%
7 20 36.36%
6 6 10.91%
5 2 3.64%
4 0 0%
3 2 3.64%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Jul 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3282816)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Hungarian Grand Prix

What score do you give the racing in Budapest this afternoon?
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3282840)   #2
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7, Probably one of the best dry editions of the Hungarian Grand Prix ever but that really isn't saying much...
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3282847)   #3
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
8 because normally this race is super boring without any overtake happening due to drivers being able to keep speed on the longgggg...... Run off areas without having to get wheel to wheel. But this version there was tons of action and excitement. The Grosjean controversy, Hamilton passing Webber, Alonso almost spinning while passing Button etc...
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3282855)   #4
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7. Almost 8 but Hamilton had it a bit easy to give a higher rating.
Didn't expect that much overtaking, and they were good ones. Shows that you don't need tyres that fall apart to achieve it.

Edit : Gave it an 8 anyway...
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3282879)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I feel seven is "appropriate", but I enjoyed myself enough watching it to give it an eight.

I also like the circuit and think it's a good and surprisingly unusual layout (in that it's surprising that there are not more similar circuits on the calendar).
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3282884)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7 for me.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3282901)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
9 from me. No real idea who would win until well into the second half of the race. Certainly no real idea about who would get the final podium positions until the last few laps. Great race.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3282914)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I quite enjoyed that. Shame the Grosjean/Vettel battle petered out but thoroughly enjoyed Kimi's excellent defensive driving; Vettel didn't have an answer. 7
Old 28 Jul 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3282950)   #9
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going with the majority - 7

Certainly better than last year
Old 28 Jul 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3282992)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6 - quite enjoyed it. Great win for Hamilton. Nice to see Kimi 'stick two fingers up' to Vettel. And Vettel showed immediately afterwards that he can bleat as well as anyone else......
Old 28 Jul 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3283036)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Judging only from the BBC highlights, an entertaining race with a fair amount of decisive overtaking, and some close battles.

Gave it an 8.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3283042)   #12
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Good race. 7 for me too.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 00:37 (Ref:3283085)   #13
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The excitement was really only due to so many pit stops and different tyre strategies, and everyone being close together because it's difficult to pass. So it's a little artificial.

I think if it were easier to pass then we could have seen a good duel between Hamilton, Vettel, Grosjean for the victory. Perhaps Kimi as well.

So, I'm still not a fan of this track.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 01:39 (Ref:3283101)   #14
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anytime I start pacing at the end of a race and the outcome is good, I have to give at least an 8.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3283158)   #15
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7 , Good racing and a little unpredictable .
Old 29 Jul 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3283203)   #16
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
The excitement was really only due to so many pit stops and different tyre strategies, and everyone being close together because it's difficult to pass. So it's a little artificial.

I think if it were easier to pass then we could have seen a good duel between Hamilton, Vettel, Grosjean for the victory. Perhaps Kimi as well.

So, I'm still not a fan of this track.
?Pitstops and tyre strategies are artificial?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3283275)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very good. An 8.

Hungaroring is a track that is growing on me more and more. It has always been a track I want to go to for the GP, and has always had cool corners, but nowadays I enjoy it even on TV as a race in itself. So much more interesting than anything Bahrain/China/Abu Dhabi/South Korea/India/any other Tilkedrome serve up.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3283289)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
must have watched a different race not very exciting
Old 29 Jul 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3283292)   #19
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
6 for me. Was a good race with plenty of tension but in all honesty not all that gripping IMHO.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3283315)   #20
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 while the race was slightly more entertaining than usual on this track (in the dry), it's still one of the most boring circuits to me.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3283339)   #21
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 7. A pretty decent race - and I'm no fan of the circuit in question. I suppose because Hamilton got such a lead over Vettel that could count against it, but there was plenty of action. Hamilton was an overtaking machine there. Decent battles from Button, Vettel, Kimi, Alonso. Only Grosjean mucked up a bit - his overtake on Button was a bit misjudged.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3283345)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8. this race really came together for me in an unexpected and very entertaining way.

one complaint is they never showed LH passing Button. it was probably done in the DRS zone (i think the commentators alluded to that) so a straightforward move but it turned out to be a crucial moment of the race and i dont think we even got a replay.

although my curiosity about it only added to my trying to figure out all the varying strategies even more so maybe not seeing it added to my enjoyment.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3283462)   #23
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

I realli liked this. It helps that my driver won, but that aside I still found it fairly interesting.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3283485)   #24
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
?Pitstops and tyre strategies are artificial?
Yeah because most of the passes were only happening because of tyre life. Were there ANY passes during the race where drivers were on the same tyres?
Old 29 Jul 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3283490)   #25
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6 - Good race by the results but quite dull at moments.