Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Aug 2001, 21:21 (Ref:127787)   #1
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park BTCC

The campsite opens at 17:00-17:30 on the Friday evening and will shut when the circuit closes on Sunday night. Camping tickets are £5 per unit and the catering facilities will be open during most of the weekend. Tickets are on a first come first served basis.
Old 10 Aug 2001, 22:43 (Ref:128678)   #2
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who's going?

I AM! And being so close to paddocks brings cause to walk round, on Saturday night, in inebriated stated around paddocks and try and see what team we can cheese off. [hmmmmmm, what comment was made to a certain team earlier this year????]
Old 10 Aug 2001, 23:01 (Ref:128691)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna

And being so close to paddocks brings cause to walk round, on Saturday night, in inebriated stated around paddocks and try and see what team we can cheese off.
Didn't we do that at Snetterton on Friday ??? (For some idea, I wandered round with my mitts on a Breezer, whilst WoodyTJ had a plastic wine glass (!) of wine & lemonade stowed in her pocket...)

And yes, I'm going to Oulton.

Old 13 Aug 2001, 23:48 (Ref:129979)   #4
Lorna
Veteran

Hmmmm, I think there was a comment made at Oulton Park earlier this year to a certain Touring Car team... Wasn't it that Spooner bloke? I wasn't there at the time, I think I was getting rocked in a Portaloo at the time! Pugman! Phil! Still not forgiven!
Old 14 Aug 2001, 11:37 (Ref:130244)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
I wasn't there at the time, I think I was getting rocked in a Portaloo at the time!
Erm...

Old 14 Aug 2001, 18:33 (Ref:130418)   #6
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah me and that Anthill bloke causing trouble i think - wasnt it hey thats the fastest that car has been all weekend (as the pug mechanics pushed it round to the pit after like qualifying butt last as usual!! sorry pugman!!

Having said that Mr Anthill did square up to the big fat bloke with a stella in his hand!! (oh yeah and union jack hat on top i think wasnt it)
Old 14 Aug 2001, 18:38 (Ref:130423)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Hey, hey, i'm denying all knowledge! BTW, I *certainly* wasn't one of the peeps 'rocking' Lorna in the portaloo!!
Old 14 Aug 2001, 18:38 (Ref:130425)   #8
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nope i dont think ill be going to that one!! got to work that bank hols weekend anyhow!! infact i dont think ill be going to too many more meetings now anyway a)football season has started so gotta follow my mighty 'BORO'(Nuneaton Boro of course) but i shall do the last powertour meeting 29th sept at silverstone and then followed the weekend after by last btcc meeting at brands hatch so gonna make a week of it and you never know history has had it that last week in sept first week in october is usually quite nice weather god ive just cursed it havent i!!!!!

oh well keep those photos coming in though guys!!

gallery@ten-tenths.com
Old 14 Aug 2001, 23:13 (Ref:130550)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by SPOONERBORO
football season
F... f... What is this strange thing of which you speak???

Sounds like a load of balls to me.

Ho ho.

*Not funny. Apologises and exits swiftly.*
Old 15 Aug 2001, 11:55 (Ref:130713)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oooh, bloody hell, it's two whole tanks of petrol away....
anyone want to be picked up halfway or something?

and don't diss the football season. ok, so my beloved ipswich have made me choose between them and minardi day already, but that's not the point. football replaces motorsport during the winter. only it's just as cold, and you still get traffic jams....
Old 15 Aug 2001, 20:14 (Ref:130930)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Football ?? Nah, not enough wheels.
Old 15 Aug 2001, 21:09 (Ref:130962)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Right! I want as many people there as we can for this one - it's gonna be a good laugh, as usual, but more so! I am also led to believe that we are requested at a certain transporter for an official photo shoot at a time to be decided... so I want you all there and looking your best (okay, okay, with beer in hand at least!)

The idea of stopping over on Sunday night too has been suggested and I reckon it is a grand idea... I love Bank Holiday Mondays!!
Old 15 Aug 2001, 21:56 (Ref:130996)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Bank Holidays are there to be hungover on. I vote for staying on Sunday night.

Old 15 Aug 2001, 21:59 (Ref:130999)   #14
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Small Problem

I've already checked with Oulton Park about when the campsite needs to be vacated.
The circuit will not be open on the bank holiday Monday so we will need to be off it by the Sunday evening before the circuit shuts.
Shame really as I was looking forward to a 3 night camp at Oulton.
Old 15 Aug 2001, 22:00 (Ref:131000)   #15
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Old 16 Aug 2001, 09:08 (Ref:131163)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sod that, i'm going.
i'll be coming up some time on saturday afternoon, so i'll get there around 5 or 6. if anyone needs a lift and doesn't mind being late please pm me. i'm going to have to as near as not sell myself to afford the petrol (£15 only filled the tank to 1/4....gulp.).....

WANTED - people to share car. must not mind driving up motorway singing to cheesy music.....

(ps it's an estate. it can carry lots of beer. )

Last edited by bella; 16 Aug 2001 at 09:17.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 10:09 (Ref:131172)   #17
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
i'm going to have to as near as not sell myself to afford the petrol
I find it's much better to lease yourself out these days.

Me an' Maisie will be there. Possibly both days. Dinosaurs shall attend, but red/yellow Minis probably won't
Old 16 Aug 2001, 14:18 (Ref:131271)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
hang on a minute. if i can get 47mpg out of the car by cruising behind a lorry... it may take 5 hours, but it'll save me a bomb... or i could take the caravelle, which runs on diesel and does remarkable mpg....

no mini? aww, it'll get lonely....
Old 16 Aug 2001, 19:26 (Ref:131378)   #19
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well if you had said Saturday morning I would have joined you.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 20:01 (Ref:131394)   #20
Lorna
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y

I find it's much better to lease yourself out these days.

Me an' Maisie will be there. Possibly both days. Dinosaurs shall attend, but red/yellow Minis probably won't
So I get to say hello to Steg and Bronty and Rex! Yay!

I was also contemplating sharing the drive, Bella but I will want to be up there to watch qualifying. Where do you live? Have you contemplated getting up there earlier? How about you drive to mine (if feasible) and I drive my economical car the rest of the way. The financial gain may be worth the earlier trip....
Old 16 Aug 2001, 21:14 (Ref:131425)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Bella, Invader and I had arranged to meet Saturday morning and drive up, but if you're happy sharing a ride together, then great Means me and Daveo can go up in his van... courtesy of the company! Sorted.
Old 17 Aug 2001, 10:50 (Ref:131613)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
ohh, arse.... see, there's an ipswich match on at 3pm on the saturday. and i would really like to go.
and i miss the other one cause of minardi day. grr!

arse. i hate major life decisions. i want to check our new seats out at town before the olds get back!

where's yours, lorna?

les, i may get back to you on that offer yet. bear with me while i figure out what the hell i do about ipswich....
Old 17 Aug 2001, 18:27 (Ref:131822)   #23
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone will have to get to OP pretty early to be fire marshall.
Old 18 Aug 2001, 21:43 (Ref:132234)   #24
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im going to try to make it to this event, im getting withdrawal symptoms - the last race i went to was the BTCC at donington with you guys
Old 19 Aug 2001, 11:10 (Ref:132386)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
holy pants! get your butt along to oulton now! this one's a bit nearer you, isn't it?