Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Aug 2000, 21:18 (Ref:33472)   #1
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, shall I start the topic for a change?

Who is going to Oulton Park for the second to last BTCC race meeting of the season? Party round mine the night before (God help me!)
Old 28 Aug 2000, 21:19 (Ref:33473)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Only if I get to pour the hot wax on you this time...

See you there cheeky!
Old 28 Aug 2000, 21:39 (Ref:33476)   #3
Lorna
Veteran

Sssssh, don't mention the hot wax. Candle lighting is banned when you lot are round. Only one scented candle is lit and out of harms way.
Old 29 Aug 2000, 07:57 (Ref:33610)   #4
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I, unsurprisingly will be there, might have to take a rain-check on the party though...
RickP:Clio33
Old 29 Aug 2000, 19:25 (Ref:33745)   #5
Lorna
Veteran

I'm a bit of a distance from Oulton so wouldn't be the best move. There is nothing stopping you from joining us the Friday night before Silverstone if this lot are coming down for that. We promise not to get you drunk and stay up til 5am!
Old 29 Aug 2000, 19:28 (Ref:33746)   #6
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of cause I'm going!

But might be camping instead. Anyone fancy it?
Old 29 Aug 2000, 19:28 (Ref:33747)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Watch out Rick - she's not to be trusted

hmmm... Silverstone - think that's another topic, for another day, Lorny...
Old 29 Aug 2000, 19:29 (Ref:33749)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

I'm alright! It's the rest of them! Yes, Silverstone is a topic for another day. Got to get through Oulton first.
Old 29 Aug 2000, 19:32 (Ref:33751)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sounds good Woodster - how about we move the party to Oulton ?
Old 29 Aug 2000, 19:37 (Ref:33753)   #10
Lorna
Veteran

Carrie's or Camping?
Old 30 Aug 2000, 07:34 (Ref:33858)   #11
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Lorna- Is that the Friday night before Silverstone when I have to do my night testing and then qualify and race the following day? Might not be the best night to be partying...

Woody, they are consistently mean to you, if you want to camp at Oulton, why does that make you untrustworthy?
I think the loyalty and enthusiasm you have shown has been beyond the call of duty, I will attempt to source you a ticket + pit pass + full Renault hospitality for the 2 days at Oulton. Cool_running has my mobile number and e-mail as she has also earned the hospitality treatment through her press releases, she'll let you know how to get in touch.

There, that'll teach them to be nicer to you.

RickP:Clio33
Old 30 Aug 2000, 09:23 (Ref:33877)   #12
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by RickP:Clio33
There, that'll teach them to be nicer to you.
No - that'll teach us to be well and truly envious

That might not be such a good idea anyway - the rest of us will probably spend most of the day around your pit, so we may have to push a few people out of the Renault hostility tent - like what happened at the CSCC meet at Oulton
Old 30 Aug 2000, 09:28 (Ref:33881)   #13
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
So - are we having a tent party at Oulton then? Ten tents this time ?

Don't forget the jam-jars.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 09:35 (Ref:33884)   #14
Veteran

England
Zurich
You've obviously not met the Renault bouncers or the TOCA/BMP pitwall marshalls...

Oh! Did I forget to say the pass gives access to the pitwall during my qualifying? Silly me.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 14:12 (Ref:33959)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Rick, that comment was aimed at Lorna actually... hmmm... does that mean she gets the free tickets instead ? In any case, surely you should be putting them the way of the person who has given you space for your own column on this very website ? (hint, hint)
Old 30 Aug 2000, 14:14 (Ref:33960)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yes Chris, I think so Couldn't guarantee how many tents though, sorry
Old 30 Aug 2000, 14:27 (Ref:33963)   #17
Veteran

England
Zurich
On the grounds that Woody has been known to cheer for Matt Neal and you guys pick on her all the time she gets the ticket out of sympathy (plus since my other spare is going to cool_running and she deserves someone civilised to eat lunch with). Because Woody was the only one clearly trying to leap into orbit as the podium truck went by, and because she took the photos of me waving aforesaid pot and posted them to the site.

I'm sure Woody will forgive your desperate tactics to liberate a pass at her expense... eventually.

So all decided for Oulton then!

There may be passes floating around for some night race in the not-to-distant future however... but I'm not sure my qualifying would be helped by the presence of a bloke in a Muller hat yelling "Arse" from the pitwall each time I go by?
Old 30 Aug 2000, 14:32 (Ref:33968)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
OK, that's Invader off the short-list then Oh, and now who's picking on Woody!

BTW, it was me who posted the photos to the site - do I win a prize ? Oh, and the reason I wasn't cheering for you with Woody was that I walked all the way round to Paddock to see you on the toadium... whilst Woody sat on her arse eating burgers!

I have to say that I think i'm deserving of a ticket for Silverstone...!
Old 30 Aug 2000, 14:51 (Ref:33971)   #19
Veteran

England
Zurich

I can see its going to be long couple of weeks isn't it Craig...

Whilst it is true you have more brownie points stored than Invader (-10, wallet comment) and Danielsun (-10, avoiding deportation) put together (not tough though), I have my credibility at Renault Hospitality to think about and Woody, Lorna, Liz, Maisie and Les and all going to win it on looks alone before we come down to table manners...

(Don't worry though, you'll not be missing out, they don't serve burgers or Guinness. I seem to remember the last night race we had to choose between a curry or chinese...)
Old 30 Aug 2000, 14:58 (Ref:33974)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yeah, fair point on the looks and table manners thing

I think you should post a tally of current brownie points, Mr P - and mark yourself down -10 for being an arse

Oh well, looks like we'll have to go back to supporting HPL and see if we get any freebies there...
Old 30 Aug 2000, 15:20 (Ref:33982)   #21
Veteran

England
Zurich
Fair call. All that power had gone to my head.
You get 1st dibs on a spare pass for Silverstone unless anyone is exceptionally nice to me at Oulton... no Danielsun, there is no way you or Invader can make up that deficit...
Now can we get back to worrying about who's bringing the beer/babes/tents to Oulton? (Although it only makes me jealous as I shall be sleeping in truck listening to the gentle snoring of 4 ****ed mechanics having had my cocoa and a nutritious "cup of soup" knowing Mark Fishes culinary skills)
Old 30 Aug 2000, 16:00 (Ref:33986)   #22
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That's more like it - you know it makes sense...

As for who's bringing what, I can manage the beer and a tent - no babes i'm afraid - just Dano (come to think of it, wouldn't it make sense for him to catch a lift with you, seeing as he lives in the next road to you ?!)
Old 30 Aug 2000, 17:29 (Ref:33998)   #23
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say Rick that I don't feel very sorry for you with the cocoa and cup of soup - we offered a meal but were turned down - am I right.........

But as I don't want to loose any brownie points that I might have accumulated during the year I will withdraw gracefully.
Old 30 Aug 2000, 17:34 (Ref:34002)   #24
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Um, I might be able to come up to Oulton, any chance of a lift anyone?
Old 30 Aug 2000, 17:40 (Ref:34003)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Cool! If you can get to Paddington on Saturday afternoon/evening (i'll speak to Dano and the boss (!) to find out a definie time) i'll be happy to take you as i'll have to go via Bayswater again (unless Dan wants to get the train to Watford Junction and get a lift off of Dave ? )