Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Oct 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1728075)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so they won't notice the couple of hundred bhp missing then? :/
Old 13 Oct 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1736932)   #27
pimbopap
Rookie

pimbopap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expect an improvement in the lap-times of FR 2.0.....and forget about increasing significantly the power: without any structural modification the car would fall apart (already now some whishbones get stressedd.....).

And above all the team managers are so happy for a such cheap car creating so big budgets!!! (At the moment it is for sure the best money machine in motorsport)
Old 13 Oct 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1736980)   #28
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimbopap
Expect an improvement in the lap-times of FR 2.0.....and forget about increasing significantly the power: without any structural modification the car would fall apart (already now some whishbones get stressedd.....).

And above all the team managers are so happy for a such cheap car creating so big budgets!!! (At the moment it is for sure the best money machine in motorsport)

Could you explain that further?

Which wishbones are stressed? (any more than any other race car). In what way would the car fall apart?

I don't disagree that any more power would be the wrong way to go but I would suggest the tyres and brakes would be the first thing to suffer from it.

As for 'cheap' how does the FR compare with other single seaters?
Old 13 Oct 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1736989)   #29
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault Sport introduced new, reinforced, lower rear wishbones. I think it was at the beginning of last season.

And I guess there should be a performance gain from improved aerodynamics. ...I doubt that they just designed it to look more modern and didn't really care to see if it works or not, but who knows?
Old 13 Oct 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1737430)   #30
pimbopap
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM

Which wishbones are stressed? (any more than any other race car). In what way would the car fall apart?

I don't disagree that any more power would be the wrong way to go but I would suggest the tyres and brakes would be the first thing to suffer from it.

As it answered in the quote after yours there were reinforced whishbones introduced already in the start of past season but still there are cases in which they break (I meant this with the word stressed sorry for the not proper use of the word in english), more power would mean bigger loads troughout the whole sturcture and failures would start to appeare as you say on tyres brakes uprights suspensions driveshafts gearbox (actually you do one season with the same ratios).
All in all you would have lots of new problems that means higher costs.
To give you an info the new version of the FR 2.0 will be around 48 000 euro ready to go (that's the force of having been building more than 700 off), and an F3 is around 90 000 rolling chassis (add 80 000 to 100 000 of engine lease).
I know that the quality is not the same but in the end for a driver and or a management what's the difference after the examples of Massa and Raikkonen they can jump succesfully to WS or GP2. (See Zaugg next season)
Old 13 Oct 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1737431)   #31
pimbopap
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM

As it answered in the quote after yours there were reinforced whishbones introduced already in the start of past season but still there are cases in which they break (I meant this with the word stressed sorry for the not proper use of the word in english), more power would mean bigger loads troughout the whole sturcture and failures would start to appeare as you say on tyres brakes uprights suspensions driveshafts gearbox (actually you do one season with the same ratios).
All in all you would have lots of new problems that means higher costs.
To give you an info the new version of the FR 2.0 will be around 48 000 euro ready to go (that's the force of having been building more than 700 off), and an F3 is around 90 000 rolling chassis (add 80 000 to 100 000 of engine lease).
I know that the quality is not the same but in the end for a driver and or a management what's the difference after the examples of Massa and Raikkonen they can jump succesfully to WS or GP2. (See Zaugg next season)
Old 13 Oct 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1737433)   #32
pimbopap
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Albert
Renault Sport introduced new, reinforced, lower rear wishbones. I think it was at the beginning of last season.

And I guess there should be a performance gain from improved aerodynamics. ...I doubt that they just designed it to look more modern and didn't really care to see if it works or not, but who knows?

Just