Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: So who is going to win it!
Lewis Hamilton 20 48.78%
Kimi Raikkonen 12 29.27%
Fernando Alonso 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Oct 2007, 03:09 (Ref:2038986)   #301
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I'd like to see LH win it too.

I had earlier predicted that LH would score 112 points but even if he finishes fourth (5 points) on Sunday that will not win it if FA wins...
So if FA wins LH really has to finish second because a third will tie on points and FA will have more wins...
If Kimi wins and Alonso second a fourth will do it for LH

I voted for KR.... Because I am afraid he just might do it.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 07:34 (Ref:2039038)   #302
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I presume someone has predicted that Kimi will finish 2nd 108 points, Nando 4th 108points and Hamilton 8th 108 points.
That of course would mean that Kimi would win on a countback of number of wins as he already has five.
The rest of the world would be most amused by the uproar in the UK and Spanish media, KimÃ* would say little, but have a sly little grin on his face, and duck off to have a few bevvys with the team and his mates.
Most of the world would think that was a very fitting result in terms of the good guy winning.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 10:15 (Ref:2039115)   #303
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst logic and my wishes point towards Lewis wrapping it up nicely next weekend I can't help but think that there'll be some drama between the McLaren chaps at some point during the race weekend that jeopardises their race/potentially ruins it. Kimi could be a nice outside bet
Old 13 Oct 2007, 21:14 (Ref:2039447)   #304
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...ernando+alonso

Lewis will!
Old 13 Oct 2007, 21:18 (Ref:2039452)   #305
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And then the contract war post Brazil: http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...ernando+alonso
Old 13 Oct 2007, 21:21 (Ref:2039455)   #306
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
And then the contract war post Brazil: http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...ernando+alonso
And the battle of the commentators!

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...2=martin+haven

Old 13 Oct 2007, 22:30 (Ref:2039488)   #307
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster

All the above results are so obviously fixed.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 01:43 (Ref:2039577)   #308
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 02:21 (Ref:2039587)   #309
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001
Fernando.
My choice also.

The whole Alonso-Hamilton fun and games harks back to Williams back in '96, with Hill-Villeneuve....

Mr Williams and Mr Head didnt have the risk management view in place to stop them killing each other either.... instead, punting the winner at the end of the year....

Hopefully Mr Alonso can get punted to somewhere like Toyota.. and drag them up the field...
“Everybody Lies†- Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify†- Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Oct 2007, 10:48 (Ref:2039754)   #310
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With a number of points permutations possible in the final race the FIA count-back rules may come into play > from the 2007 Formula One Sporting Regulations

DEAD HEAT

24) Prizes and points awarded for all the positions of competitors who tie, will be added together and shared equally.
25) If two or more constructors or drivers finish the season with the same number of points, the higher place in the Championship (in either case) shall be awarded to :
a) the holder of the greatest number of first places,
b) if the number of first places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of second places,
c) if the number of second places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of third places and so on until a winner emerges.
d) if this procedure fails to produce a result, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 19:44 (Ref:2040179)   #311
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...2=martin+haven

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...ernando+Alonso

Old 15 Oct 2007, 00:41 (Ref:2040400)   #312
gwynnes1
Rookie

gwynnes1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange conundrum if the finish order in Brazil should be

I was playing around with "what ifs" about the Brazilian F! race and came up with the following conundrum:

IF the finish order is:

Raikonen 1st

Alonso 2nd

Massa (or someone else other than Hamilton) 3rd

Someone other than Hamilton 4th.the result would be a TIE between Hamilton and Alonso for

Tie, Points the same at 111

Tie, First place finishes the same at 4 each

Tie, 2nd place finsishes at 5 each

Tie, 3rd place finsishes at 3 each

The tie does NOT get broken until you come to poles won

Hamilton wins with 6 poles to Alonso's 2, regardless of who gets the pole in Brazil, Hamiltons will have more than Alsonso.

SOOO - the big question is - What is the official method of breaking a tie such as I described??

I spent a LOT of time on Google and could noy find anything past points and 1st place finishes. I sure hope the great moguls that run the sport have thought of this kind of problem.

Gwyne Spencer
Old 15 Oct 2007, 02:16 (Ref:2040417)   #313
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Yes,he'll play the part of an innocent by-stander.
According to the Hamiltons, he's been doing that all year at McLaren.

I think Lewis will take it - would have been even more interesting if not for the five points Lewis was gifted over Alonso in Hungary.

Last edited by mac; 15 Oct 2007 at 02:19.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 09:07 (Ref:2040527)   #314
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynnes1
SOOO - the big question is - What is the official method of breaking a tie such as I described??
Here's the regulation on dead heats from 2007 F1 sporting regs:

Quote:
If two or more constructors or drivers finish the season with the same number of points, the higher place in the Championship (in either case) shall be awarded to:

a) the holder of the greatest number of first places,

b) if the number of first places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of second places,

c) if the number of second places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of third places and so on until a winner emerges.

d) if this procedure fails to produce a result, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit.
So in answer to your question, there isn't one.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Oct 2007, 09:28 (Ref:2040543)   #315
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynnes1
I was playing around with "what ifs" about the Brazilian F! race and came up with the following conundrum:

IF the finish order is:

Raikonen 1st

Alonso 2nd

Massa (or someone else other than Hamilton) 3rd

Someone other than Hamilton 4th.the result would be a TIE between Hamilton and Alonso for

Tie, Points the same at 111

Tie, First place finishes the same at 4 each

Tie, 2nd place finsishes at 5 each

Tie, 3rd place finsishes at 3 each

The tie does NOT get broken until you come to poles won

Hamilton wins with 6 poles to Alonso's 2, regardless of who gets the pole in Brazil, Hamiltons will have more than Alsonso.

I spent a LOT of time on Google and could noy find anything past points and 1st place finishes. I sure hope the great moguls that run the sport have thought of this kind of problem.

Gwyne Spencer
If Hamilton is 5th he wins, because he will have 2 5th places to Alonso's 1.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 10:05 (Ref:2040563)   #316
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Damn, I was hoping to find out what criteria the FIA deems appropriate for deciding a championship.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Oct 2007, 15:24 (Ref:2040811)   #317
gwynnes1
Rookie

gwynnes1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
If Hamilton is 5th he wins, because he will have 2 5th places to Alonso's 1.
Where did you find information that the F1 official method of deciding championship goes all the way down to 5th place finsishes? I was unable to find any official site that described the process.

Gwynne Spencer
Old 15 Oct 2007, 15:55 (Ref:2040839)   #318
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
See post #314 - according to clause c of the rule I posted, the countback pattern continues right through all points finishes if that's necessary to decide a winner.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 16:56 (Ref:2040886)   #319
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
Damn, I was hoping to find out what criteria the FIA deems appropriate for deciding a championship.
Rumor has it they will nominate the driver that can count from 1-5 the fastest. Unconfirmed however.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:19 (Ref:2040966)   #320
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
"We can't decide, so we'll give it to Kimi instead!"
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:22 (Ref:2040968)   #321
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Yes,and there's still plenty of time for another "Spygate" between now and the race.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:46 (Ref:2040987)   #322
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
And just in case you deluded yourself into thinking that everything would be neatly tied up after Sunday's race,here's a little something to ponder on with regards to the "customer" car situation.

From grandprix.com today.

"If Spyker wins the case the Toro Rosso and Super Aguri cars will not have been eligible to score points and thus will have to be removed from the championship. This has implications for the World Championship as Fernando Alonso finished behind Super Aguri's Takuma Sato in Canada and would thus gain back a point."
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:51 (Ref:2040991)   #323
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Just to be serious for a moment, how could the FIA possibly decide for one driver over another?

We'll give it to Fernando because he helped us out with the spygate row?
We''ll give it to Lewis because he wasn't involved in the spygate row?

It would never get to that i'm sure, but i don't, for the life of me see how the FIA could decide, and would it want to put itself in that position? It could only come out as the loser whatever it decided.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:54 (Ref:2040996)   #324
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I suspect they made this sporting reg entry with the confidence they'll never have to use the last option!

If they ever have to they are in a spot of bother.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2040997)   #325
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking about tie-breakers, in 2000 International F3000 there was very interesting situation with two races to go.

In 8 races, Bruno Junqueira and Nicolas Minassian were equal on points, both had:
3 wins
1 second
1 fifth
1 seventh
1 DNF

8th result for Minassian was 11th and for Junqueira 13th! Would have been interesting tiebraker for sure.

Anyway, BJ had win and non-points finish, NM had 3rd and 4th. With 10-6-4-3-2-1 point system, Junky won the title.