Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Apr 2000, 20:29 (Ref:2294)   #1
ganda123
Racer

ganda123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today after his nasty accident James Thompson reckoned that no tyre warmers were to blame and that not to have them is unsafe at racing level. Maybe he's right, but everybody's in the same situation - did he just overcook it a bit?
What does everyone else think? My personal view is that they should bring them back but it'd be interesting to hear others' views.
Old 9 Apr 2000, 21:02 (Ref:2295)   #2
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry, but the bloke's a clown. I was stood at Dingle Dell and everyone who was stood there could see that there was an accident in progress as soon as he entered the chicane - it was a simple case of driver error - going too fast on fresh tyres. He got out of shape on the entry, clipped the kirb, spun 180 degress and reversed up a tree.

Every other car managed to get round without going entering a marshall post backwards... Thompson simply forgot that their is a certain level of grip available - if you demand more grip than there is, well...
Old 13 Apr 2000, 19:51 (Ref:2296)   #3
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks to me like it was just a convenient excuse for Thompson.

He may well have crashed because his tyres were cold, but if that was the case then he should have taken the corner at a speed which the tyres could handle. He knew that the tyres were cold and should also have known that the would give him less grip.

He said himself that people had complained before the race started about the new rule.

Surely its up to the drivers to adapt to the rules, not go out and try to prove that a certain rule is dangerous.

In my opinion banning tyre warmers is not in itself a danger. The danger comes when the drivers try to push the cars to the limit on out laps and find that the limit has moved.
Old 13 Apr 2000, 21:23 (Ref:2297)   #4
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't agree more...I was at Dingle Dell too (didn't see you Fatbloke) and it is now official...Thommo is an arse too, he was obviously in some state of shock after the incident but it doesn't he has to talk like a c**t just because his facial hair makes him look like one.
Old 13 Apr 2000, 21:26 (Ref:2298)   #5
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Were you the **** racing round in a four wheel drive ?
Old 14 Apr 2000, 23:16 (Ref:2299)   #6
ganda123
Racer

ganda123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Vader, Thommo's face fungus is a definate attempt to make him look older, but it's failing in our house, we just laugh at him even more than we did before!
I suppose that settles it then - Thommo is a **** and they don't need tyre warmers. Maybe he needs a few lessons from that man Muller...?
Old 15 Apr 2000, 21:07 (Ref:2300)   #7
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately I wasn't stood at dingly dell! and so missed what was probably the most exciting bit of the race.