Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Apr 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3057489)   #126
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
There is a Max. of 9.5 degrees of caster allowed by the regs. You have some freedom of adjustment as long as you dont go over the 9.5 deg.
Yeah, I was relying on memory last night. The Regs I have state this:

10.8. Front caster and camber angles may be adjusted by the front top “A” frame spherical rod-ends and the use of shims but only by using the range of parts available from V8ST. The lower caster arms must have the pre-set measurement set out in the Build Manual (+/-1mm).
10.9. Rear camber and toe may not be changed or adjusted in any way.

When did the max of 9.5 kick in?
Old 11 Apr 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3057495)   #127
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Well on to it most successful sports run with independence, Look at v8's in Aussie, NRL, AFL.
Agreed, and I'm aware of that. As yet though, V8ST have nowhere near the pool of sponsors and other resources those organizations you mention have at their disposal. Give our guys some time for goodness sake, they have only just got this thing off the ground.

You say "By the way this is not mean't to belittle the ST class this is to try to make it better" - Great, but you will not achieve that by calling people cheats, and attacking the integrity of the board members who made all this happen.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3060035)   #128
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Speedwayracer44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
No sorry I don't. I am just going off what was said in pit lane that night, Caster and Camber both start with the letter 'C' ??? If the mistake wasn't made baird probably would have been DQ'd. You do have to make sure you dot all the i's and cross all the t's or it's out the door. I would say it would have been an honest mistake.
Wow, just got back from a holiday in europe to read this. Watched the coverage I recorded on speed last night of Ruapuna, great coverage and fantastic racing but watching the knight car blow up and read the J Mac incident things arent all well. I sure hope they can get things sorted. Also just read in another thread whats been going on at head office in wellington and things are obviously pretty bad when a mainstream newspaper reports on below the belt tactics of your sports governing body, bloody disgraceful!

If it makes you feel better from what I hear the car of the future for V8SC may not even happen next year, things at V8SC's ego and development department arent going very well.