Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Mar 2020, 08:27 (Ref:3967775)   #1
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting

Speedcafe in Australia, reporting that The Red Bull team had some interesting ideas on dealing with the Covid 19 problem.

Makes for an interesting read.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 09:41 (Ref:3967786)   #2
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that where Marko speculates about getting the team including drivers into isolation and infecting them to get it over and done with? Looney best describes that idea and him.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3967788)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
People already had their reservations about Marko due to the way he does things, but this is on another level! He really would have been better saying nothing at all
Old 31 Mar 2020, 10:33 (Ref:3967795)   #4
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He has been Dieter’s best friend since before the first can of Red Bull was sold but the team needs to cut all ties with him now.
Forget reputational damage that will last as long as he is in the garage this is immoral and probably illegal behaviour.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3967804)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

i mean, on a daily mail reader level he has a point. but anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows that in real life practical terms, it's a pretty terrible idea given we have no idea in advance how the virus is going to develop in anybody, or whether it reoccurs at a later date. if we were dealing with a cold or flu then sure, his theory probably isn't a bad idea, but essentially he's saying he wants to infect some of his highest value assets with an unpredictable form of pneumonia to try and regain some form of control.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3967812)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Given that the UK government's initial plan was to let 60-80% of the population get infected in an effort to realise some form of "herd immunity" (which it really isn't), I'm not entirely surprised that people like Dr* Marko thought it might be a reasonable idea.

Funny that once the seriousness of the situation became more apparent, that the health and social care services would basically collapse and we'd have a massive uncontrolled free-for-all with the attendant breakdown in social cohesion, that they changed their minds to 'squash the curve'.

I hope everyone's doing OK. I have the worst timed week off work ever. I've done some travelling though - bed to bathroom, bathroom to kitchen, kitchen to living room. My house will have some awesome TripAdvisor reviews when this is over, I can tell you!

*not that sort of doctor, though
Old 31 Mar 2020, 13:08 (Ref:3967818)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ignore

Last edited by Richard C; 31 Mar 2020 at 13:33.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3967822)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Edited as I thought mods were merging threads (Marko's crazy ideas being posted in two places). I just posted my reply in the wrong thread (I am trying to keep my content in the main discussion)

Richard
Old 31 Mar 2020, 14:46 (Ref:3967842)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I've done some travelling though - bed to bathroom, bathroom to kitchen, kitchen to living room. My house will have some awesome TripAdvisor reviews when this is over, I can tell you!

i'm looking to travel, are you taking bookings?

towel service is a must!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Given that the UK government's initial plan was to let 60-80% of the population get infected in an effort to realise some form of "herd immunity" (which it really isn't), I'm not entirely surprised that people like Dr* Marko thought it might be a reasonable idea.
i think that's a fair point. what might have seemed like a "reasonable" idea a couple of weeks ago is just madness today. things are moving fast.

that said, should we be surprised that a sport where the decision makers routinely make decisions based on their own self interest (rather their desire to maximize their win potential) would see someone suggest such a radical idea towards gaining an advantage?

i cant imagine he was the only paddock shark to espouse this idea.