Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Oct 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3324499)   #76
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
You do indeed!
Thank's its got a little too much run off in places but MotoGp where hauling their bums around that place..

I am proud of it though..
Old 28 Oct 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3324504)   #77
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Thank's its got a little too much run off in places but MotoGp where hauling their bums around that place..

I am proud of it though..
The run offs are a modern GP circuit disease!

I had wonder if you built some poly styrene foam structures in the run offs, would it add atmosphere, and if you hit the scenery, bad luck you get black flagged?

If it was a real bridge, castle, wall, tree, you would be dead, so no reason to complain! Do it across the weekend, hit anything in quali, the team can use the 3 rd driver!
Old 29 Oct 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3324518)   #78
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Well I am guilty of taking this thread off topic and I apologise to all of our posters..

Its the trade off, I watched the Senna movie again yesterday..We dont want that again do we...
Old 29 Oct 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3324749)   #79
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't worry mate, it was a preview thread.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3324877)   #80
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well I am guilty of taking this thread off topic and I apologise to all of our posters..

Its the trade off, I watched the Senna movie again yesterday..We dont want that again do we...
In reality, that same crash could happen again quite easily. Perhaps the driver wouldn't be killed, but its possible as there are still tracks we go to where drivers are flat out with nothing but a guardrail or wall to hit. Think back to Indy, what was on the outside of the main final turn? A brick wall. Whats on the outside of The Tunnel at Monaco? A armco rail. Even the brand new Korea track has a frankly baffling final turn where drivers are flat out onto the pit straight with nothing but a brick wall on the outside. You can also point to parts of Singapore and Valencia too as having really contradictory safety standards. At one part of the track its a 60 metre run off, at another, its a brick wall (and im not talking about slow corners, I mean fast parts of the track have barriers real close).
Old 29 Oct 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3324918)   #81
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Don't worry mate, it was a preview thread.
Thank you Bon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
In reality, that same crash could happen again quite easily. Perhaps the driver wouldn't be killed, but its possible as there are still tracks we go to where drivers are flat out with nothing but a guardrail or wall to hit. Think back to Indy, what was on the outside of the main final turn? A brick wall. Whats on the outside of The Tunnel at Monaco? A armco rail. Even the brand new Korea track has a frankly baffling final turn where drivers are flat out onto the pit straight with nothing but a brick wall on the outside. You can also point to parts of Singapore and Valencia too as having really contradictory safety standards. At one part of the track its a 60 metre run off, at another, its a brick wall (and im not talking about slow corners, I mean fast parts of the track have barriers real close).
Its true what you say, some years ago I was very fortunate to visit Monaco.. I walked what I thought was most of the Grand Prix circuit.. At the exit of the tunnel I said holly molly there is *no way* I would drive faster than 50 Miles an hour and that would be pushing it ! I will go to COTA and watch qualifying, then I will watch the race on TV as I like most will see way more than being at the circuit..I am so very fortunate to be doing either..

This past weekend I watched the Senna documentary with a lady friend who is new to F1, we both cried when Senna had his fatal accident, that morning 4.30AM PST I was watching the Italian Grand Prix in Los Angeles with a good English friend of mine who is a dear friend of Patrick Head..I am only telling you this because Senna died in a Williams and if you take a good look at his facial expression before the race, it's clear he did not want to race...He did not believe in the car and knew Benneton were cheating..

We are a spoiled bunch aren't we...

Last edited by JeremySmith; 29 Oct 2013 at 22:58.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3325099)   #82
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We are a spoiled bunch aren't we...
Absolutely.