Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 26 Nov 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2795914)   #1
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bernie gets mugged in London....

Bernie gets mugged outside his Hyde Park (London) Apartment.

Maybe its Karma coming round to hit Bernie, literally, after his dismissive comments over Jenson Button's near /foiled attack by gunmen in Sao Paulo during the Brazilian GP meeting..... It seems Bernie and Floosie got attacked right outside the F1 London Offices and next to Bernies Penthouse Apartment near Hyde Park in London.

Four muggers attacked Bernie Ecclestone and his partner Fabiana Flosi on Wednesday night outside his offices in Princes Gate, opposite Hyde Park. The pair were returning to the eighth floor penthouse apartment above the Formula One offices at around 10.30pm on Wednesday night.

Bernie was punched and kicked as the robbers stole watches and jewellery. Bernie was taken to hospital to be treated for a minor head injury and rather typically, it would take more than a hospital visit and mugging to keep Bernie out of the office for even one day..... he was back at work the following morning.

Police believe that the attack was carried out by a gang that has been carrying out similar attacks on the rich and famous in recent years, and believe that Ecclestone was specifically targeted.

It was not that long ago that Bernie came out of his home (not this one but the one he lived in with ex wife Slavica) one morrning to find his brand new special build Benz limo jacked up and on blocks after thieves fancied the special hand build 20 inch rims that been custom made for the brand new car. Somewhere I have a pic of the car up on blocks!

Anyway re the mugging it seems that all is well and no serious injuries to anyone, with the only losses being valuables which are no doubt all very wll insured. Of course the actual incident is all a bit scary, and no doubt a huge shock to them both. When you think about it, Bernie, 80 years old and 5ft 1 tall is hardly going to be able to offer any resistance. No doubt this is a downside for no longer having a 6 ft 2 dominant wife. She was a fairly imposing woman and would likely have frightened any would be attacker away.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 07:26 (Ref:2795915)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think 10 years ago or so the same thing happened to him in London.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2795917)   #3
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
I am guessing the muggers have made a very, very big mistake.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 08:01 (Ref:2795924)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
I am guessing the muggers have made a very, very big mistake.
Well after knocking him about and having him on the ground at their mercy the attackers ordered them to take all their jewellry, diamonds and watches off. Value of the stuff taken is said to be £200,000 worth of gear.

@ Mountainstar, Re the previous attack on Bernie, that was not 10 years ago, but nearer five I think. I actually wrongly said in the opening post that Bernie had found the car with its wheels mising, on returning to the car, but having just read something on that it seems in fact he was actually parking the car and mugged then as well...

That time he came home (not this home but the Chelsea Square mansion he lived in with at the time wife, Slavica), driving his one off new special build Benz...... As he parked the Mercedes Benz CLS55 AMG (at the time the only one in the UK) outside the house he was mugged, and the attackers jacked the car up, leaving it on blocks, and taking off with it's custom made special one off wheels.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2795928)   #5
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well after knocking him about and having him on the ground at their mercy the attackers ordered them to take all their jewellry, diamonds and watches off. Value of the stuff taken is said to be £200,000 worth of gear.
Wow. I know Bernie's reputation as a negotiator is beyond question, but getting the muggers to hand over their own bling is quite something.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 08:13 (Ref:2795930)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Old 26 Nov 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2795931)   #7
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I just read about this too and thought "I wonder if this'll make him re-think the arrogant & thoughtless comments he made after Jenson Button's problems in Brazil".
Then I remembered he was Bernie Ecclestone.
(Don't get me wrong, I'd be sorry if someone had done this to My grandad but...)
Old 26 Nov 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2795942)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"It's only the not so bright looking people who get mugged."
Old 26 Nov 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2795981)   #9
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Value of the stuff taken is said to be £200,000 worth of gear.
£200,000! Now we know what happened to all those medals he had made
Old 26 Nov 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2795982)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I am thinking Bernie is going to do some kind of Al Pacino "The Devils Advocate" type revenge, watch out for Bernie sticking his finger in holy water...
Old 26 Nov 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2796046)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Do you think Bernie got the message from the fans THIS time?
Or did they not bend him over the bonnet of his own car?

Seeing as he's been doing that to the world for 30 years now, I have little sympathy, sorry...
Old 26 Nov 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2796062)   #12
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm suprised someone would stoop that low....
Old 26 Nov 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2796080)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
"It's only the not so bright looking people who get mugged."
That was a dumb comment of his and now its come back to bite him.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2796088)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is the British GP now under threat guys?
Old 26 Nov 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2796093)   #15
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is anyone interested in buying a spot of jewelry ? I've got about GBP200K of it I need to shift
Old 26 Nov 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2796122)   #16
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would someone please check that Jenson is all right. Too much laughter can cause you to choke.

Jim
Old 26 Nov 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2796127)   #17
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I have a message to the muggers.

Go and pick on someone your own size!!

I've also heard that one of the theatre's in London is showing Snow White for Panto season, so maybe they actually did
Old 26 Nov 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2796169)   #18
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
I've also heard that one of the theatre's in London is showing Snow White for Panto season, so maybe they actually did
I know one thing, he's not Happy
Old 26 Nov 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2796174)   #19
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ohhh, I'd hate to be in the mugger's shoes. Bernie is going to track them down and then do that sequence in "The Long Good Friday" with having strung up on butcher's hooks!!
Old 26 Nov 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2796222)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terrible thing to happen. Someone abusing their power and postition of strength to take a large amount of cash off someone just because they can.

But enough about Bernie. Apparently he's been mugged.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2796242)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Ohhh, I'd hate to be in the mugger's shoes. Bernie is going to track them down and then do that sequence in "The Long Good Friday" with having strung up on butcher's hooks!!
I didn't think Bernie was tall enough to reach the butcher's hooks.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2796254)   #22
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy View Post
I'm suprised someone would stoop that low....
Short muggers?

Kramer
Old 27 Nov 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2796338)   #23
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a big Bernie fan, but no one deserves that. I'm happy that he and Flosi are OK.

Here's hoping that the muggers will find something painful and crippling in their Christmas stockings.
Old 27 Nov 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2796350)   #24
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It's easy to see what attractive 31 year old models see in him...
Old 27 Nov 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2796359)   #25
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know two wrongs don't make a right but if Bernie ever catches up with these people, I don't fancy their chances....

Nobody deserves to be mugged and I hope he gets well soon.

Paula

PS. That is quite a shiner !!!!
Closed Thread