Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Aug 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3288341)   #1
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Revival 2013

Where can I get details of the timetable, specifically the Madgewick Cup & its regs.
Are we allowed to remove the cars directly after the race or after the meeting closes.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3288353)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s View Post
Where can I get details of the timetable, specifically the Madgewick Cup & its regs.
Are we allowed to remove the cars directly after the race or after the meeting closes.
Nobody is allowed to move cars until the very end of the meeting on Sunday - unless things have changed- certainly they weren't last year.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3288355)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What exactly is an e-vival some kind of internet thingy?
Old 11 Aug 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3288368)   #4
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Just need to get the car back as fast as possible on the Sunday then & work harder with a very late evening on Sunday, then days & evenings as we want to be loaded on Wednesday afternoon then leave on Wednesday evening for Spa.

Last edited by FastDB2s; 11 Aug 2013 at 18:05.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3288379)   #5
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
And of course, hope & pray that we don't damage anything at Goodwood if we get the entry as the owner thinks we have.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 05:26 (Ref:3288654)   #6
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
They control you at Goodwood and must be obeyed.Thats why it's free entry!

You are part of an extravagant show.The cars can be taken late Sunday.

All for 20 minutes but the foods good.

Of course that's only for the owner drivers.Mechanics have own trough
Old 12 Aug 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3288682)   #7
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post

So I gather John, hopefully we wont be doing it very often,
normally need 3 months notice for a big event like this to stop everyone going on holiday just before & ready for Spa
Old 12 Aug 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3288743)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Hmmmm as I have been a mechanic at every year can you tell me where the Mechanics trough is John. BTW sorry did not get a chance to natter at Nurburgring.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3288808)   #9
kurtiejjj
Racer

Netherlands
London, UK
kurtiejjj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could anyone tell me where I find the wretched timetable for the Revival?! Can't find it anywhere on the Goodwood site sadly.

I'm contemplating buying one of the last Friday tickets but like to find out if it is worth the bother travelling there for a day from London (in terms of cars on track time etc). Especially as I mainly hope to go there to do photography for my blog (theretromobilist.com), ideally I'd need a Saturday ticket but where do I get one now.. I have been wondering if I should put in an application for a press pass, would that provide better access? Anyone here that could help in any way?
Old 12 Aug 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3288837)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtiejjj View Post
Could anyone tell me where I find the wretched timetable for the Revival?! Can't find it anywhere on the Goodwood site sadly.

I'm contemplating buying one of the last Friday tickets but like to find out if it is worth the bother travelling there for a day from London (in terms of cars on track time etc). Especially as I mainly hope to go there to do photography for my blog (theretromobilist.com), ideally I'd need a Saturday ticket but where do I get one now.. I have been wondering if I should put in an application for a press pass, would that provide better access? Anyone here that could help in any way?
A friend told me recently that all the Saturday tickets had been sold*, as he had tried to get one.
If you want to apply for a Press Pass , you MAY be too late, but log on to the Goodwood site and look under Media.

If you just want photos for a blog I would be happy to help out as I have received notification of accreditation.

PS; *My friend found one for sale on the internet.

bauble
Old 12 Aug 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3288862)   #11
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ideally I'd need a Saturday ticket but where do I get one now.
Try the marshals forum. We haven't received tickets or notice of acceptance/rejection yet but you may strike lucky.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3288938)   #12
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Ebay is the best place for tickets now unless you can latch on to a team, although I don't know how many tickets per car you get.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3288947)   #13
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ebay is the best place for tickets now unless you can latch on to a team, although I don't know how many tickets per car you get.
However marshals tickets are given free.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3289019)   #14
kurtiejjj
Racer

Netherlands
London, UK
kurtiejjj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ta, ta and ta chaps! Had a look on ebay of course, are ther no personal order details on these tickets, so one would not run into trouble i.e. no entry?

Tickets through marshalling, undoubtedly involves marshalling would it not , that would leave me little time to do photography.

I will try getting an accreditation, tried last year but they didn't accept back then. Have been accredited to the Oldtimer GP at the N'Ring before, so it's not like I am a complete beginner.. It is understandable but a shame.

If only I could latch onto a team, sadly I have no personal connections to anyone participating..
Old 12 Aug 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3289020)   #15
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The regs for Madgwick Cup came with the invitation - the race is for sports-racing cars under 2 litres of a type raced between 1948 and 1955. Technical regs are simply FIA appendix K.

And to quote the general instructions:
"Lord March also specifically requests that competition vehicles remain in the paddocks until after the last race, as the paddock areas are an integral part of the public spectacle"

Cars should be removed by 12.00 on Monday as that is when the security is stood down. Sunday evening will be fairly busy but you can remove from 6.00 pm
Old 12 Aug 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3289024)   #16
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtiejjj View Post

Friday is a good day as all of the qualifying takes place, plus some of the parades. Get there early as practice starts at 09.00.

The first race is also on the Friday, it is the 90 minute Freddie March trophy.

Saturday tickets sold out over the weekend of the Festival of Speed - the sell out gets earlier each year.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3289392)   #17
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday is a great day because you get to see all the cars and the evening race runs until 19:45 (into the dark). There's also evening entertainment "over the road" which is a great addition. Saturday is the best race day, I always find Sunday a little dominated by the big TT race and some of the best cars / races have already gone.. and summer ends.

BUT Whichever day you go, it'll be fantastic.
Old 13 Aug 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3289456)   #18
Cookie2000
Rookie

England
England
Cookie2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to suggest the "auction-route" for Saturday tickets, but after looking on Bonhams website, the catalogue no longer comes with admission tickets..
Old 14 Aug 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3289580)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000 View Post
I was going to suggest the "auction-route" for Saturday tickets, but after looking on Bonhams website, the catalogue no longer comes with admission tickets..
Thought that was too good to last! Looks like won't be there this year if all sold out. Have to spend the money on Spa weekend after instead.

Old 14 Aug 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3289583)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I would never bother to go again, over hyped, over crowded and over priced if you ask me.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3289632)   #21
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep smiling Al

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 14 Aug 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3289637)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Unusual for you to be disappointed about a motoring event Al.!
Old 14 Aug 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3289673)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Unusual for you to be disappointed about a motoring event Al.!
No No No not Al.
Old 14 Aug 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3289676)   #24
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This year will be the third year running I will have taken corporate hospitality on the Friday. I have previously taken clients to Wimbledon, British GP and Monaco and Goodwood is the only one that they ask to be invited to... I would not hesitate to recommend it, excellent value for money and the only event with a wow factor.

Looking forward to this year even though I will be watching only! Following week is Spa - what a great fortnight!
Old 14 Aug 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3289722)   #25
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following weekend is also Angouleme. For the first time in ages it doesn't clash with Goodwood, but with Spa instead. Am planning to go for first time as a result