Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 May 2011, 06:46 (Ref:2883373)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Courtney Tests #30 LDM Commodore

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 May 2011, 03:59 (Ref:2883374)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Team Boss @ LDM

Interesting...
Old 17 May 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2883375)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So... MeN alluded to LDM taking delivery of a new chassis 'soon' and that it may not be a Walkinshaw product.

I know this has been mentioned previously, and the status quo remains...

Where would the team get a chassis & engine package from? You would have to presume they would stay Holden, given that Holden has helped with the squad since inception....

There are only really 2 serious Holden games in town, at WP or 888... WP has room if you are willing to pay, while 888 says no more customer cars...

Or.. will one of the FPR chassis find its way into the LDM shed...
Old 17 May 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2883376)   #4
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There are only really 2 serious Holden games in town, at WP or 888... WP has room if you are willing to pay, while 888 says no more customer cars...

or BJR
Old 17 May 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2883377)   #5
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So... MeN alluded to LDM taking delivery of a new chassis 'soon' and that it may not be a Walkinshaw product.

I know this has been mentioned previously, and the status quo remains...

Where would the team get a chassis & engine package from? You would have to presume they would stay Holden, given that Holden has helped with the squad since inception....

Discussions have been had with more than one party about said party buying the chassis and leasing it to LDM.

Quite an interesting scenario for a team owner with such a wealthy family
Old 17 May 2011, 01:16 (Ref:2883378)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
or BJR
Actually sending the LDM WP chassis into BJR for a haircut may improve its competitiveness out of sight...
Old 17 May 2011, 01:16 (Ref:2883379)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Discussions have been had with more than one party about said party buying the chassis and leasing it to LDM.

Quite an interesting scenario for a team owner with such a wealthy family
Why own when there is only 18 months till the car is value free...
Old 17 May 2011, 01:17 (Ref:2883380)   #8
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Point exactly. A most perculiar situation.

Odd that they would actively seek an owner other than themselves too.
Old 17 May 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2883381)   #9
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wouldn't be blowing a wad of cash on an FPR chassis if I was LDM, I just don't feel that the team has the structure in place to support the current customer cars that they have (RNR - Bottle O seems to go okay, but TDR - Wilson Security Racing hasn't really found any extra speed from the FPR Chassis, even when you take into account the settling in time). I guess that they're not getting the speed they expect from the WP car and they don't have much choice other than FPR.

I can't think of any other chassis that might be available though, maybe an Ex-DJR Tipple Eight Falcon?

Where has LDM got all their money from all of a sudden anyway? there was rumours that they were pretty short of cash previously yet now they're spending up on new Buildings, Trucks & Chassis?
Old 17 May 2011, 01:34 (Ref:2883382)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
Where has LDM got all their money from all of a sudden anyway? there was rumours that they were pretty short of cash previously yet now they're spending up on new Buildings, Trucks & Chassis?
The building belongs to Automotive Brands, where the AutoPro/Autobarn national warehouse will be based..

Money may have just come from the windfall of new ownership of the series...
Old 17 May 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2883383)   #11
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The building belongs to Automotive Brands, where the AutoPro/Autobarn national warehouse will be based..

Money may have just come from the windfall of new ownership of the series...
Good point, I didn't think of the few million dollars each REC will get from this, that'd definitely fund a few new cars, buildings and trucks
Old 17 May 2011, 01:46 (Ref:2883384)   #12
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Look for LDM to be running the 4th FPR car in 2012
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 17 May 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2883385)   #13
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The problem though with FPR cars though it seems the 'sweet spot' is hard/impossible to find compared to say a 888 FG. Not to say a HRT car is necessarily better but I think this is really true of FPR, even Frosty, who is as good as anybody, is suddenly in the poorest form he's shown for a while.
Old 20 May 2011, 03:21 (Ref:2882926)   #14
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats happening at LDM?

Early this week they announce a new team manager (for one race only), and now they are after 2 mechanics. Is that because they are running another car? Or are the current guys leaving?

Is the ship sinking?
Old 20 May 2011, 04:14 (Ref:2882932)   #15
bumble bee
Rookie

bumble bee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
Early this week they announce a new team manager (for one race only), and now they are after 2 mechanics. Is that because they are running another car? Or are the current guys leaving?

Is the ship sinking?
1 mechanic resigned monday just gone. another mechanic and fabricator resigned tuesday just gone
Old 20 May 2011, 05:26 (Ref:2882939)   #16
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is Luffy going to drive it and change tyres this weekend?
That would be good to see, driver pulls into the pit bay, jumps out, changes the tyres, jumps back in and drives off....mmmm I would pay to see that.
Old 20 May 2011, 08:50 (Ref:2882996)   #17
Over Rev
Rookie

Australia
SE Melbourne
Over Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Manager marched out the door. 3 full time employees quit. Looks to me like a boy in a mans world.
Old 22 May 2011, 18:13 (Ref:2884021)   #18
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now it seems the chassis is at fault http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2011/05/...est-of-season/

Sure it is getting a bit long in the tooth being over 4 years old, but Karl Reindler seems to have extracted a bit more speed out of its twin. Get the feeling that there are some unrealistic expectations from the team owner that may be contributing to the high turnover of personnel.

The Gulf Western sponsorship is said to be not large so with a small budget compared to other teams results are likely to be few and far between. Perhaps they are not getting the latest and greatest from WP, but that could be reflected in the price they are paying.
Old 22 May 2011, 23:05 (Ref:2884151)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A GRM VE you say... I would be asking Mr Baird what its like to drive an ex-GRM Commodore... and how his team gave it back, and made other arrangements when the team found it both slow and largely undriveable.

How fast can you afford to go?
Old 5 Sep 2011, 07:35 (Ref:2950995)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Lindbom tests #222 Commodore

...which in itself is interesting.. but when the comments at the end of the story suggest that the car is "... very different to the car I've been driving recently..." something doesnt seem quite right...

Time for someone to trade up to a newer car perhaps?