Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Aug 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3759816)   #101
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Or a man with money to acquire it from Mr Scott.

However, said fictional man with money would be better off starting from scratch IMO. Knackered old MGs are worthless, and how many decent 888 staff are left? Any?
True but if it comes with 2 TBL's I'm sure it would be of interest to people looking to enter in 2018!
Old 16 Aug 2017, 20:48 (Ref:3759823)   #102
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
True but if it comes with 2 TBL's I'm sure it would be of interest to people looking to enter in 2018!
If a new manufacturer is looking at BTCC, 888 gives you 2 TBL's. And Andy Jordan will be ready to bring his Pirtek money to another marque after coming 3rd in the BMW camp.
Old 16 Aug 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3759831)   #103
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What surprises me is that MG still runs factory team with 888 as this team almost doesn't exist. What is also a surprise to me is that MG is in BTCC as a factory outfit despite the fact that MG6 is no longer produced. They have deal till the end of 2018, don't they?
Old 16 Aug 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3759835)   #104
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Except V8 do not have BOP or artificial nonsense such as weight ballast. Things are never what they seem in BTCC . A more reasonable comparason would be WWF
That's incorrect. It may not be applied as rapidly or often in the ATCC/V8SC/VASC, but there is most certainly a stab at parity every year. For example, VE Commodores were actually shortened up 10 inches behind the B pillar.

Steve
Old 17 Aug 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3759961)   #105
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If a new manufacturer is looking at BTCC, 888 gives you 2 TBL's. And Andy Jordan will be ready to bring his Pirtek money to another marque after coming 3rd in the BMW camp.
Not forgetting Dick mentioned he would love to have all three cars in the same livery...

So Andy Jordan in the 888 Pirtek Volvo hybrid SUV.

With Victor Meldrew in the second car so that AJ has a teammate he can beat!
Old 17 Aug 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3759966)   #106
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And then all we need if for Toyota to back Tingram
Old 17 Aug 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3759968)   #107
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And then all we need if for Toyota to back Tingram
At the moment I think this is looking likely, judging by their involvement together on social media etc. If so we are currently looking at 6 manufacturer teams
Old 18 Aug 2017, 05:55 (Ref:3760097)   #108
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
However that hasn't stopped Honda doing well there before. Its also crucially not a "traction circuit" so the RWD cars won't be jumping out of corners. On paper, Thruxton is a power circuit, but Honda always get podiums etc.
Thruxton is a track with quick corners and no real straight. Suits the Honda.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3760098)   #109
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I can't blame the Honda for that. The worst driving I saw all weekend was the Porsche being punted by a guy half in front just running it out of road. That was worthy of some proper fisticuffs afterwards in my books.
Charlie Eastwood looked pretty sheeish afterwards, it has to be said.

Generally he's a clean driver.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3760149)   #110
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Dynamics have confirmed full team orders
Old 18 Aug 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3760150)   #111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not surprised, Matt's season hasn't been too bad, certainly compared to Jason's, but it's really between the top four now