Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 28 Feb 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3373139)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motors TV on Freeview

As of Yesterday.

http://www.a516digital.com/2014/02/m...ut-as.html?m=1

Seeing as I have an old standard def Hitachi recording box, its perfect opportunity to upgrade to a HD box and get Motors TV. But, trying to find something suitable without breaking the bank is pretty hard work. Any suggestions for around £100? Ideally with WiFi so I can avoid having to run a mile of ethernet cable from upstairs to the router...
Old 28 Feb 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3373150)   #2
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was very disappointed to discover that this doesn't work on my TalkTalk box.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3373167)   #3
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I was very disappointed to discover that this doesn't work on my TalkTalk box.
What is a TalkTalk box? Is it Youview (which should work as it has a FreeviewHD tuner in it) or something else?
Old 28 Feb 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3373263)   #4
medius
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motors TV is streamed from Connect TV, so you need a Freeview box or telly with an internet connection.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3373289)   #5
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
you need a FreeviewHD box or telly with an internet connection.
FTFY
Old 28 Feb 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3373364)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It works on my TV okay on channel 240, I decided to get a new Smart TV as they have come down in price and are now available for under £300.
As its on freeview it should be able to get it on a £20 topbox ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Mar 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3373503)   #7
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
What is a TalkTalk box? Is it Youview (which should work as it has a FreeviewHD tuner in it) or something else?
It is a YouView box. It tunes to the channel but just gives a message saying the channel is not available on this device, or something like that.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3373594)   #8
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Apparently Youview boxes do not have the required MHEG-IC protocol, which is part of the FreeviewHD specification, and is used by the Connect TV channels on Freeview. They have another system for their IPTV facilities, but don't seem too fussed about adhering to the FreeviewHD spec.

https://community.youview.com/youvie...ect_tv_support
https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/iptv-o0r6a
Old 5 Mar 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3375380)   #9
medius
Veteran

England
Short list of compatible devices now on the MotorsTV site. I don't think they expected it to generate as much of a headache as it has.

http://www.motorstv.com/motors-tv-no...ew-channel-240

The cheapest one on the list says its the Bush 320HDPVR, but I can't see the exact model referred to on the Argos website.

Can any of you get MotorsTV onn Freeview? If so, what device are you using?
Old 6 Mar 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3375589)   #10
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Can any of you get MotorsTV onn Freeview? If so, what device are you using?
Samsung UE40ES5500 (late 2012). If you are going to replace your TV, then you should have no problem picking one with Freeview HD and the smart/internet facilities for Motors TV. Regards Freeview HD boxes, just need to check online (i.e. a manual) or ask the manufacturer if it supports MHEG-IC, and see what reviews say.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3377826)   #11
flipper
Rookie

flipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
motors tv

Anyone managed to get it on BT Vision box ..? if so how !
Old 7 Oct 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3461935)   #12
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest news from Motors TV - They're going to 'normal' Freeview on Channel 71 from Thursday. Standard definition only and limited hours, but no need for smart TVs or broadband connection.

https://www.facebook.com/MotorsTVInt...nal?ref=stream
Old 8 Oct 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3462220)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That's good news Just got to check what series are on there now....
Old 9 Oct 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3462653)   #14
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've retuned several Freeview boxes in our household and Motors TV doesn't appear
Old 9 Oct 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3462663)   #15
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems like it's only available on FreeviewHD compatible TVs & boxes from what I can find out - standard Freeview units can't pick it up

Just wish they'd made it clearer before getting peoples hopes up.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3462669)   #16
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how bonkers is that then?

It's apparently broadcast only in SD, but can only be received on HD boxes!

Is it just me, or has the world gone mad?
Old 13 Oct 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3464676)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Long ago.......
Old 13 Oct 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3464714)   #18
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Congratulations to Motors TV. They do a great job.

Next step is Motors TV 2. So we can enjoy WEC and Bathurst at the same time.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3464882)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Hmmm, so in theory I'll be able to get this on my TV but not on my hard disk recorder. So a kind of good news / bad news scenario.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3464944)   #20
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No luck for me, I have Freeview (non HD) and Freesat on my Humax but neither will pick up Motors TV

Come on Motors TV, you want people to watch your channel to get the advertising revenue up and Freesat will increase your viewers overnight!

It is a TV companies dream to have people desperate to get your channel, so act now
Old 14 Oct 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3464963)   #21
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

It's only available on Freeview channel 71 from 30 transmitters (70% of homes compared to 90% on the other multiplexes), which all broadcast using DVB-T2, hence the need for Freeview HD. See http://www.ukfree.tv/txlisthd.php for a list of transmitters or use the postcode check on digitaluk.co.uk to see if you can get com7. No doubt this is much cheaper than making it available to 90% like ITV4 etc.