Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give this final race of the 2014 season?
20 2 3.57%
18 2 3.57%
16 5 8.93%
14 13 23.21%
12 12 21.43%
10 6 10.71%
8 5 8.93%
6 5 8.93%
4 3 5.36%
2 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Nov 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3477806)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2014

What score do you give this final race of the 2014 season?
Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3477827)   #2
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Double Points - nice touch!
Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3477829)   #3
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why have we saved the worst circuit til last. It kind of feels like the season just petered out really.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3477832)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hate Abu Dhabi, and the tension did seep out once Rosberg was doomed.

Some OK racing, nothing special.

But I will let personal bias affect my score for once and give this a 10!

(Or a 20.)
Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3477833)   #5
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This thread is probably the best part of the race. No much fight there. I give it a 6 (3).
Old 23 Nov 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3477835)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
16 (8).
Nothing much happened during the race. Hamilton deserved the 2014 title, but Massa and Bottas' podium is the best thing I ever saw in the race.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3477841)   #7
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6. I refuse to accept your double points and have voted out of 10.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3477860)   #8
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An OK race I thought. Some nice battles down the field, but not a thriller.

I really don't understand the hype about this track. All the media going on about how spectacular it is. Maybe it is better when you are there, but on telly it just looks cold and grey and soul-less.......
Old 23 Nov 2014, 16:07 (Ref:3477865)   #9
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not exactly "Rush". I gave it 12.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3477871)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Liked the double points, so it gets a 14 from me
Old 23 Nov 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3477874)   #11
sethmate
Rookie

United Kingdom
sethmate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I just gave it a 3.

Not a great race, the tension and excitement draining away once reliability issues intervened, removing the potential of a Rosberg chase in the later phases of the race. Some excitement with the Massa chase at the end, but I'd

Agree with previous comments, as a venue on tv, it just didn't seem to work - seemed visually lacklustre compared to previous years. Maybe the novelty of floodlights is wearing off.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3477881)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
16. But mainly pleased by Hamilton's win, Williams (both Massa and Bottas) great performances and the showing of Caterham... But I don't deceive you... My neighbour ice cream parlor and factory will give me 1 Kg of fine ice cream for Hamilton's championship. Surely I'll chose Swiss chocolate, mint, lemon pie and cherry.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3477885)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Not a classic race, although I doubt whether the result would have been different if Nico hadn't had the mechanical issues - I think he was beaten from the first corner. I guess a Nico v Felipe battle might have been on. Some good battles internittently, although we didn't see them all, but some good strategy calls added spice. Gave it a doubled 7....

It seems a long time to March.........
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3477887)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see double points has even pervaded this poll.

The duel in the desert didn't materialise and the race settled down to what became a rather lack lustre affair. The scrap between Alonso and Button was more or less the highlight of the race for me, though short lived, with any further racing between them decided by pitstops.

I can't say I'm enamoured with the Abu Dhabi track.

Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3477896)   #15
Jordan 199
Rookie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Jordan 199 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many years has Abu Dhabi had a grand prix now? And I think the only year it was entertaining was when the Alonso and Vettel showdown went down to the wire. It really doesn't deserve it's slot as the final race of the year, unless the vote goes on spectacle over content.

I gave it a 12 (6). Some good bits throughout the field, but mostly average.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3477898)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
14. It kept me on the edge of my seat, mostly hoping that Lewis would make it. When the championship became almost a foregone conclusion, I was kept happy by various little battles and bits of progress from those lower down the field.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3477900)   #17
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
12/20. It was a nice race.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3477917)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love the double points. As for the race - hmmm, a 5. So - that's a 10? It was fairly flat in the excitement stakes. The trouble was - even if Nico had won it - Lewis only needed to play it safe and get a 2nd - so a lot of the tension was sort of out of the picture. After Nico's poor start - it was all over for the lead of the race - I don't think he could have challenged him.

The only exciting things were - the Riccardio and Vergne tussles, Jenson and Alonso and Bottas' fightback to 3rd.

The track is dull.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3477920)   #19
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I gave it 6/10 (12) but really most of the delight was seeing the double points had no negative effect on the WDC outcome.

Otherwise it was very ordinary and a 4 or 5 (8 or 10) would have maybe been more realistic....
Old 23 Nov 2014, 20:39 (Ref:3477951)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicole was wearing a nice dress..
Old 23 Nov 2014, 23:32 (Ref:3478034)   #21
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dreadful bloody place, boring bloody race, right result.

Well done Lew, bye bye Jenson. Thank you and goodnight...
Old 24 Nov 2014, 03:47 (Ref:3478068)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Old 24 Nov 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3478118)   #23
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a race not the best nor the worst of the season. Gave it a 5 but due to the magic of double points (nice touch btw) it makes it a 10
Old 24 Nov 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3478176)   #24
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
If it were not for the championship finale, and the will it / won't it breakdown question mark over Hamiltons car, this race would have been pretty dull.

They have so much space and money, why don't they change the track so that promotes better racing? The race at this track is always rubbish. Some pretty lights and fireworks don't make up for it.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3478178)   #25
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it a hopelessly biased 18 (9), because it ended up the way I wanted it to *and* there was some reasonably good racing down the field.

Extra point(s) for Will Stevens' performance. First time out in an F1 car in a race, under those circumstances - pretty impressive.