Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 9 Sep 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3671227)   #101
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I need to get down there sometime just to party with y'all.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3671247)   #102
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Yeah, you do. And sounds like you're self sufficient so you meet the prerequisite.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3671248)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yeah, you do. And sounds like you're self sufficient so you meet the prerequisite.
Yeah, that was the first thing i was told. Bring your own sh!t and take care of yourself or we reserve the right to kick you out. Think i took that a little far though and bring enough to support a small town. But haven't been kicked out yet.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 13:53 (Ref:3671250)   #104
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, that was the first thing i was told. Bring your own sh!t and take care of yourself or we reserve the right to kick you out. Think i took that a little far though and bring enough to support a small town. But haven't been kicked out yet.
Wouldn't be the same without you now, big guy.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 20:18 (Ref:3671307)   #105
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's looking dicey for me as I do not have the time off yet and may not get it.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3671308)   #106
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
In a very odd coincidence, I found out yesterday that I'm not a done deal either, but I'm in denial, atm.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 20:55 (Ref:3671310)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
In a very odd coincidence, I found out yesterday that I'm not a done deal either, but I'm in denial, atm.
You are acting like attendance is optional here fellas, do I need to make some phone calls on your behalf?
Old 9 Sep 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3671315)   #108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Saturday is confirmed. I've requested Thursday and Friday, but it's not a done deal.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3671326)   #109
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All hope is not lost, but it's in violation of my agreement as I'm under a 90 day review period. It's a good job though, so I'll have to figure something out.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 23:37 (Ref:3671331)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
All hope is not lost, but it's in violation of my agreement as I'm under a 90 day review period. It's a good job though, so I'll have to figure something out.
Can you come down with something Wednesday afternoon at work? They are doing great things with fake vomit these days. Or if you are really committed you could take some ipecac.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 23:39 (Ref:3671332)   #111
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Can you come down with something Wednesday afternoon at work? They are doing great things with fake vomit these days. Or if you are really committed you could take some ipecac.
No, I think no pay for those days will be my concession. I don't give a rip, it's still more than I got paid at my last job.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 01:28 (Ref:3671349)   #112
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Well, I'm going to think positive. I just closed a deal, have another in the works and am pretty good at what I do. What I'm saying, Auburn fans, is that I'm a pretty big deal.

Quote:
You're welcome to anytime. We're the turn 4 people under the flags. We're kind of a big deal.

Quote:
That prereq came from me and I think we explained why and that it had nothing to do with you. If you come prepared to fend for yourself, I'll share everything I have. If you're depending on me for, I don't know, let's say a tent or my tools (every damn year now), you can get bent. I think you feel the same way.

Quote:
Wouldn't be the same without you now, big guy.
Damn strait. That and he's too scary to tell him otherwise.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 02:04 (Ref:3671350)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well, I'm going to think positive. I just closed a deal, have another in the works and am pretty good at what I do. What I'm saying, Auburn fans, is that I'm a pretty big deal.

You're welcome to anytime. We're the turn 4 people under the flags. We're kind of a big deal.

That prereq came from me and I think we explained why and that it had nothing to do with you. If you come prepared to fend for yourself, I'll share everything I have. If you're depending on me for, I don't know, let's say a tent or my tools (every damn year now), you can get bent. I think you feel the same way.

We're all going with the positive thinking, not the same without everybody there.

And after the crashers from 08 or 09 I couldn't blame any of you or any restrictions. Learned a long time ago to bring everything I need and throw in some extra stuff if it fits. Hopefully no Ohioan neighbors to talk sh!t about tires and expect everyone else to have their diesel tools and think their truck is kewl.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 02:13 (Ref:3671351)   #114
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Hope you keep up the momentum and can join us by Friday.
Quote:
We're all going with the positive thinking, not the same without everybody there.

And after the crashers from 08 or 09 I couldn't blame any of you or any restrictions. Learned a long time ago to bring everything I need and throw in some extra stuff if it fits. Hopefully no Ohioan neighbors to talk sh!t about tires and expect everyone else to have their diesel tools and think their truck is kewl.
Hey man, I'm there Wednesday evening come hell or high water. And since I've already had both in the last month, I should be in the clear.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 03:02 (Ref:3671356)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I should be there Tuesday afternoon, no confirmation yet but I'm pretty sure I ticked the entry option and paid for camping. Think Monday will be email them and get my ticket set aside to pick it up next weekend and see some old cars race.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3671465)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Thursday AM for me, if my plans pan out. Should be good.

JHamilton is coreect. We are a big deal, but I recall a joint prerequisite after 2 random people ended up between us in our tent. I think they were more scarred than I (probably not a pleasant sight, sound or smell sleeping next to me). Perhaps it was more forceful on his end, but we ended up with waaaaay too many randos around us for our liking. Then I invited rando Andrew

I am sure there will be a few morons around us as usual. We'll have to deal with the "post man" and his way too short shorts. At least creepy guy in his creepy van with his creepy pink panther hasn't been seen for a few years. He never bothered me other than being creepy.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 10 Sep 2016 at 16:39.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3671471)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Thursday AM for me, if my plans pan out. Should be good.
I am sure there will be a few morons around us as usual. We'll have to deal with the "post man" and his way too short shorts.
Forgot about the drunk postman and his scooter and shorts. Guarantee he'll be by at least once trying to share his shine.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 11:40 (Ref:3672311)   #118
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Will any of Julia's rain make it to Road Atlanta?
Old 14 Sep 2016, 12:21 (Ref:3672314)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Will any of Julia's rain make it to Road Atlanta?
No. Nor my house. Thanks for asking

EDIT: If the attachment is viewable, how is this forecast possible?!
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.jpg  
Old 14 Sep 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3672328)   #120
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Just confirmed that I am officially free Thursday and Friday this week.

Still haven't received my tickets.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3672357)   #121
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Hell i haven't even gotten the email the rest of you got about the delay.

Two weeks and I'll get to wake up at the track instead of the usual predawn wake and commute
Old 14 Sep 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3672363)   #122
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Two weeks and I'll get to wake up at the track instead of the usual predawn wake and commute
PM me your email (some reason, i don't have it ). I'll send it to you

You'll have me beat for 2 days of the year. My commute is 5 mins. 7 if "the" light catches me

This is infinity longer than my last commute, btw!
Old 14 Sep 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3672368)   #123
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
It's refreshing to see the lightheartedness in this thread compared to the constant whining and negativity in the standard IMSA threads.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3672376)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

From Joyce at Road ATL (sent her an email about it):
Hi Jeremy,
We have the tickets now and are frantically trying to get them filled. You should be fine since you live in Athens! The postal service certainly can get from Braselton to Athens in a couple days! We will mail them to you ASAP.
Thanks,
Joyce
They may have to airboat a ticket to joeb. What's the rate on swamp deliveries these days?

Quote:
It's refreshing to see the lightheartedness in this thread compared to the constant whining and negativity in the standard IMSA threads.
They can be a drag and depressing, so I try to steer clear and/or not participate. I've got enough going on...
Old 14 Sep 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3672380)   #125
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gettin' pumped up.
I'll be there at the crack-a-dawn Wed. to get my tix from will call and get shuffled around while they figure out how to start letting everyone in the gates.
Last year, they handed everyone these red tickets with numbers on them and made all the cars go across the street to Lanier. Once the RVs were inside they let us start piling through the gates. I never found a use for the red ticket they told me to take.