Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Closed Thread

Old 27 May 2002, 12:18 (Ref:297437)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans - First Retirement?

This is Osella's idea, actually. (I don't think we've had it before?).

No poll from me because it really could be any one of 48 cars and you can't have that many options in a poll!

So, what do you reckon the first retirement will be?

I'm going for the Del Bello car.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 27 May 2002 at 12:18.
Old 27 May 2002, 12:19 (Ref:297439)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'll go for the AutoExe indeed ! If it starts...
Old 27 May 2002, 12:19 (Ref:297440)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
......or all of the works Audi's simultaneously at the Esses on the first lap........
Old 27 May 2002, 12:20 (Ref:297441)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Blimey Fab, that was quick!
Old 27 May 2002, 12:21 (Ref:297442)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am sorry to say i fear that it maybe the Morgon, sorry, but it would be nice to see the 4 Audi's out by the first corner.
Old 27 May 2002, 12:21 (Ref:297444)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
......or all of the works Audi's simultaneously at the Esses on the first lap........
Don't laugh ! I can remember that four Ferraris retired at the same time in a crash (1967 ?)... I think Derek Bell was in one of them...
Old 27 May 2002, 12:22 (Ref:297448)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I am sorry to say i fear that it maybe the Morgon, sorry, but it would be nice to see the 4 Audi's out by the first corner.
I'd prefer some small problems : a spin, then a puncture, then the pilot puking for a bad pizza , then... it's enough for just the first lap, don't you think ?
Old 27 May 2002, 12:29 (Ref:297461)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

I'd prefer some small problems : a spin, then a puncture, then the pilot puking for a bad pizza , then... it's enough for just the first lap, don't you think ?

Spin, puncture and puke - all on the first lap - for the same car/driver? Perhaps the food poisoning would affect the whole Audi crew.......?

(No, I don't mean it really!).
Old 27 May 2002, 12:32 (Ref:297462)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Spin, puncture and puke - all on the first lap - for the same car/driver? Perhaps the food poisoning would affect the whole Audi crew.......?
- For the whole Audi crew : yes (but not serious, the pizza problem !)

- But : a problem for each car (imagine how to clean the car inside !). Two or three years ago, a pilot did not finish the race because of that sort of problems !
Old 27 May 2002, 12:34 (Ref:297463)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it's about time Stoffer joined in on this - as I can see he's lurking around the forum! Come on Stoffer, no Pilbeam to plump for this year! Who is it going to be for the Tourists' Retirement Sweep this year?
Old 27 May 2002, 12:36 (Ref:297464)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Who is it going to be for the Tourists' Retirement Sweep this year?
Go on count me in....
Old 27 May 2002, 12:49 (Ref:297475)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones

Go on count me in....
Sorry rd, you've gotta be in the Tourists' bus for that one!!
Old 27 May 2002, 13:07 (Ref:297494)   #13
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure on specific cars, but I would guess an accident involving a 675 and a GTS or GT car some time in the first couple of hours.

I also have a sinking feeling about the Bentley. So much expectation after last year, but only one car. I just have this nagging thought that it will be out relatively early on with something mechanical. Very happy to be proved wrong of course, but Bentley really should not have put all their eggs in one basket.
Old 27 May 2002, 13:29 (Ref:297514)   #14
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid it's got to be the Aero 8, based on the troubles it had at PreQual
Old 27 May 2002, 13:37 (Ref:297520)   #15
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly I think it's going to be a Caddy. They haven't really got their act together at all yet.

I do hope I'm wrong, at it's an Audi pile up. Head v heart and all that.

FG
Old 27 May 2002, 14:25 (Ref:297552)   #16
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i also fear for the morgan. its only plus point is that its going to be near the back on its own. new curve looks great, but i can't help feeling the first few laps its going to be like skating on ice...it just look like its dying to throw someone off. so i'm going midfield...privateer panoz stacks it bigtime!
Old 27 May 2002, 14:59 (Ref:297576)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm gonna go for the Spyker!
Old 27 May 2002, 15:01 (Ref:297580)   #18
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ooooooh....good one!
Old 27 May 2002, 15:08 (Ref:297587)   #19
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now if it rains......
Old 27 May 2002, 15:09 (Ref:297589)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
If it rains, I'll go for the Panoz LMP 07... seems it doesn't like water...
Old 27 May 2002, 15:12 (Ref:297592)   #21
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
If it rains, I'll go for the Panoz LMP 07... seems it doesn't like water...

Hmmm, Milka getting wet .....

Don't tempt me!

FG
Old 27 May 2002, 15:13 (Ref:297596)   #22
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Don't laugh ! I can remember that four Ferraris retired at the same time in a crash (1967 ?)... I think Derek Bell was in one of them...
Yep it was in 1967 only it weren't 4 Ferraris, but 3 Fords.
Mario Andretti(Ford GT MK IV) had just recieved new brake pads. He hit the brakes too hard after the hill at a speed of 241km/h (almost 150 mph), spun and crashed into the wall on both sides (at that time two cars managed to avoid him). Then McCluskey (Ford GT Mk II) came over the hill, tried to avoid the wreck of the other Ford and hit the side of the track. When McCluskey's car stopped, Jo Schlesser (Ford GT Mk II) went over the hill but almost the entire track was blocked. He tried to squeeze through in between both wrecks but hit them both. So in about 30 seconds 3 Fords were out of the race.
Just giving some side information out of a books for the ones interested.

For this year, I'd sadly have to go for the Auto-Exe car or the Morgan.

Last edited by Evil Fuzzy; 27 May 2002 at 15:14.
Old 27 May 2002, 15:21 (Ref:297608)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Good job, Evil Fuzzy !

I heard Sir Bell telling a story like that where he was involved... It seems I mixed two stories...

There's images of a similar crash at La Chapelle esses with the Jaguar, involving Paul Frere, in the 50'...
Old 27 May 2002, 15:22 (Ref:297609)   #24
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Hmmm, Milka getting wet .....
Don't tempt me!
Well, she already was last year, don't you think ?
Old 27 May 2002, 15:35 (Ref:297625)   #25
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

Your are right, only it was 1970. Four Ferraris out on the same lap, three in one accident, but Derek Bell is quite adament that although he went out on the same lap, it wasn't as part of that accident.

Cheers
Mike
Closed Thread