Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 13 Oct 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3773960)   #661
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerard,

The car is the Spice chassis signed by the man himself. It's an ex 24hrs Spa car. Appeared at Goodwood this year and I believe now has an HTP although not certain, I know it was being applied for. I thought that it had all the necessary "mods" because it was prepared by David Margullies (sp?) who knows a thing or two about these Capris.

The best place to look is at the RAC Blue Book from 1980 or Appendix J of that year.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3773975)   #662
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha OK, Peter. Would be interesting to know what shows the first page of its HTP, category Tourism de production de série or CT30/GB (if I'm right your Rover is hap'd as CT35/GB?).
Old 13 Oct 2017, 11:16 (Ref:3773984)   #663
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I honestly don't know since its about 1500km away from me at the moment.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3774065)   #664
jakeyt
Rookie

jakeyt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Gerard
Yep it's probably GP 1+ as it has the 48iIDA. We weighed it without fuel and a seat but with all other fluids and it came out at 898kgs. It was involved in a big accident in 2016 so there are a great deal of new panels etc I suppose it's a bit like "Trigger's old broom" but there's a lot of original features. The Sotheby's website has a number of very good recent pictures.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 08:30 (Ref:3774151)   #665
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
898 kilos, Mark, you just wrecked my weekend with this feature!
I dont remember the weight scale for the Grp 1,5, but a MkIII appendix should be around 1061 kg, impossible to achieve if you start with a road going car and keep its metal panels (my MkII is around 1073 and could be 1051). Had a look to the auctioneer's site but they didn't show the suspension or brakes details. What a nice car you got !
Old 14 Oct 2017, 16:26 (Ref:3774190)   #666
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Mark, you asked an interesting question about ride heights. Someone here worked hard to have many images of the Tricentrol championship. I've been surprised to see that in period they use to have then rear end rather high compare to what we do now. Wo's right i dunno though… You'll see that the negative camber used was rather high value too but may be we can see there the tires influence.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3774201)   #667
jakeyt
Rookie

jakeyt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pics with the high rear ride height may have been prior to what I think was a re-design of the single rear leaf that gave it a shaped rear part that lowers the car, or even before adjustable anti-roll bars were fitted.