Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Jan 2003, 16:38 (Ref:490761)   #1
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those with some time and an interest in the sim vs. reality question

I posted a response to a thread in the Official GTR2002 forum (a mod for EAs F1-2002 game) which touched on the area of "How close to reality is the handling/physics in GTR2002". I though as there is much interest here in sim driving, 10 Tenths readers might be interested.

It was originally asking for posts from GTR drivers who had also raced in real life - I had, so posted. A couple of guys asked how real GTR physics felt plus I've been asked that same type of question by many of my GPL and sim racing buddies - so it was an ideal way to answer all those queries.

I've not driven GTR much but had come to some conclusion and over the next 3 weeks built up what became quite a large post. The points it makes are also relevant to GPL and GPL is mentioned in places. It has since been followed up by many questions and responses and has turned out to be quite an in-depth discussion of this topic which has also broadened out into a couple of other forums, West Racing and BHMS.

It was suggested to me that I might spread the word around a bit to those who might not read those forums and who might be "particularly" interested in this subject.

I will say that, if you have just a passing interest, or you don't have an hour or so to kill then it may not be for you as it's quite lengthy - but, I know it is an often debated subject here and seeing as there is lots of good info there (from all contributors) I thought "what the hell" even though I may have consigned myself to another few days worth of response posting.

The initial post is HERE (GTR2002 Official Forum at simbin.com). I pitch in on page 3 initially but my big post is on page 4.

It was picked up by someone and mentioned it HERE (General forum at West Racing) and there followed much comment.

I was also asked if I'd mind BHMS publishing it, I didn't and so it is also HERE with a few typo corrections and some reader responses.

Maxx