Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Apr 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2436846)   #1
Carltonboyce
Rookie

Carltonboyce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
XXL helmet needed (64cm)

Hi there,

I would like to start hillclimbing but need an MSA approved helmet in XXL (64 cm) to fit my abnormally large head; does anyone have any recommendations for where I can get one, or what models are available? I can see a couple of manufacturers sell XXL, but seem to be 63 cms. Any personal experience or help would be much appreciated!
Old 8 Apr 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2436869)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Have you tried any on for size or are you just going off the size charts? They don't all come up the same size so you should try some on.
Old 8 Apr 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2436910)   #3
Carltonboyce
Rookie

Carltonboyce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I've tried 'em all, and XL just ain't big enough ...
Old 9 Apr 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2437299)   #4
Mr.Jingles
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading, Berkshire
Mr.Jingles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arai go up to that size (from a friend with a big head) - getting them in stock to try can be a problem though. Don't know if you've already tried it, worth giving one of the bigger guys (e.g. DT) a call to see if they have one in stock?

Arai's dont fit me (lump in back of head doesn't fit well with Arai's for whatever reason) so have a Sparco - they don't look like they go up to 64cm tho.
Old 12 Apr 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2439486)   #5
peenuts
Rookie

France
peenuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have a simlar problem went to rally design tried some on found a omp xxl on some of the helmets found the chin strap a bit short
Old 15 May 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2462905)   #6
Jen-MSAR
Advertiser
Rookie

United Kingdom
Jen-MSAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

We stock the Arai range of helmets and the full face lids, GP5, GP5-K and GP5-W all come in XXL size which is 63-64 cm, it is worth trying one of these on and seeing if they fit, hopfully they will! If you can get the standard XXL helmet on but its a little tight in a few places, I can arrage a custom fit for you - at no extra cost. for more infomation please PM me and I will give you a call to discuss. Thanks

Jen
Old 15 May 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2462907)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I have the same Peanuts and it was short so I returned it for their biggest one they do which I must say they changed free of charge so no gripes, I still think the strap could be another couple of inches longer especially when you are in a panic to get it on.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2513746)   #8
cheffie
Rookie

cheffie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arai GP5 in xxl works great but the strap is very short. The solution was to add an extension and now all is good!!!
Old 2 Aug 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2513764)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Exactly what I found, funny enough its seems OK now so has either stretched, I have lost some of my double chin or because I have had a haircut! Seems odd to make something that must be so cheap (an inch of strap) in the whole scheme of things so short.
Old 2 Aug 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2514154)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How did you extend the strap?
Old 2 Aug 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2514175)   #11
cheffie
Rookie

cheffie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My wife just sewed another piece of webbing on to the end. It has been inspected several times by the FIA and all is good.