Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 3 Feb 2000, 17:16 (Ref:7666)   #1
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone read B.J. Levy's books "The Last Open Road" or its sequel, "Montezuma's Ferrari"? I'd be interested in you review. I've just started the former.
Old 3 Feb 2000, 17:19 (Ref:7667)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't read either so maybe a precis of the first book might encourage some response?
Old 3 Feb 2000, 17:34 (Ref:7668)   #3
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
It is a novel (but I suspect auto-biographical) about a youngster growing up in the 50's and becoming involved w/ sportscars and racing. I say autobiographical because it includes some detailed accounts of races at Watkins Glen, and the opening of Road America. So far it evokes memories of my introduction to, and love of, racing and sports cars. Especially his accounts of wrenching impossibly engineered gems such as XK120's and MGTs and A's.
Old 4 Feb 2000, 10:18 (Ref:7669)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've read both books and can recommend them wholeheartedly.

check out http://www.lastopenroad.com for the story behind the books getting published, which is almost as interesting as the books themselves.

I noticed that http://www.amazon.co.uk were selling TLOR for £1.37 due to a typographical error, which made for a nice cheap birthday present for my brother (Edit) I've checked and the book is still advertised at the 'wrong' price at Amazon, if anyone fancies a bargain (End Edit)

[This message has been edited by Guy Humpage (edited 04 February 2000).]
Old 4 Feb 2000, 15:48 (Ref:7670)   #5
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
The lastopenroad website is great. Thanks Guy. I especially loved the pictures from Blackhawk Farms. Does anyone know if that track is still open?

[This message has been edited by Neil C (edited 04 February 2000).]